ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa coach flopping to ground and mocking our injuries

Maybe this coach should watch the Iowa wrestling team. A new shoulder injury every time someone pushes a half nelson or arm bar.
Haha, if you want to see what looks like fake injuries watch DeSanto vs. RBY. Every time RBY had a cradle going DeSanto was injured. He probably was injured, but it sure seemed convenient how the injuries flared up as he was probably about to be pinned.

Iowa faking injuries?

So you guys are saying this was a legitimate injury that he had no ability to get back to the sidelines. He had no physical contact on the play, and obviously he came back in so it wasn’t a major non contact injury. He just looks winded and decided to sit down. I am ok with injuries but to avoid questions like this I do think rule changes need to occur. If a player is injured to the point of a stoppage of play, he should be out for the remainder of the drive which seems fair.
No dog in this fight, but we lost a Heisman Candidate RB to a non-contact injury. For years, I remember coaches telling players to stay down if they thought they were injured. That short clip doesn't tell much except that a member of the Iowa coaching staff is assuming something he has no way of knowing.

BTW someone agrees with your suggestion:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ing-at-rule-changes-to-deter-faking-injuries/

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownLion
Ole Miss had twice as many injuries against Arkansas as we had against Iowa. I don’t think any of their guys were out more than a play or two. I haven’t heard any conspiracy theories about them faking injuries….the explanation was cramping.
Perhaps some of the posters have never played a down of football?

Why is there 6 pages on this topic?

For some reason Iowa fans—and coaches—thought PSU players were faking injuries from the beginning. I guess the Brisker situation set the tone. He has a shoulder problem (stingers?) which is painful but he only misses one play. This has happened several times in prior games which Iowa fans would not be aware of.

Except for #17 all the other players failed to return to the game. No one here knows the extent of his situation, but one kid “faking” is not a game plan for stalling. We will never know if he was faking, but if he did so it was not because of a master plan.

Booing injured players is classless enough especially it seems based on a prior game with MSU. More bothersome is the assertion that Clifford took himself out of the game because he was intimidated. There is no basis for it and insults a guy who has exhibited a warrior mentality playing when he was hurt. Give it up.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawklad24
The coach in question has integrity right on the level of the elder Ferentz. It probably was not the most appropriate reaction, however the flopping injury also didn’t seem appropriate or even Franklin mentioning it after the game. This is such a minor issue, if Franklin was held to the same level he would have been fired long ago with most coaches.
Probably not the most appropriate reaction?

Reactions: AvgUser
It was the first time I’ve ever seen the crowd boo a ball being blown off the tee. It was really bizarre.
It reminded me of watching a team where the fanbase does not know how to act, and do not know how to deal with any success. It seemed very akin to watching something good happen for Rutgers. The fans just have no idea how to act or handle success, since they are not very used to it

Last edited:
So you guys are saying this was a legitimate injury that he had no ability to get back to the sidelines. He had no physical contact on the play, and obviously he came back in so it wasn’t a major non contact injury. He just looks winded and decided to sit down. I am ok with injuries but to avoid questions like this I do think rule changes need to occur. If a player is injured to the point of a stoppage of play, he should be out for the remainder of the drive which seems fair.
lol hey bun how many players wreck a knee without and contact??your a complete moron!!

The more talented team won. Penn State OL unit had eight false starts and allowed their QB to get injured.
Welcome to the party Bucktooth - your in depth analysis is much appreciated - now I know why we lost - Thanks.

Time for all the Iowa, or perhaps Pitt trolls (who knows since most just registered) to go home and play in your own backyard.

We’ve got many other things to debate/argue about here ~ AND IOWA Football ain’t one of ‘em.

It took Iowa 2.5 quarters to overcome the lead PSU established with its starting QB in the game. To say the more talented team won....is more than idiotic. Injury is indeed part of the game of football. Iowa won the game.
Anyone with an ounce of football expertise would never say "the more talented" team won.
Iowa was good enough to win under the circumstances... by 3 points.....case closed.

It would have been first down. What do you think the odds would have been that Iowa could have snuck it in from the 1 foot line with 4 tries? This had no impact on the game.
Well what are the hypotheticals there? Kind of like, what if....Clifford wasn't injured? See how that can work both ways?

Ole Miss had twice as many injuries against Arkansas as we had against Iowa. I don’t think any of their guys were out more than a play or two. I haven’t heard any conspiracy theories about them faking injuries….the explanation was cramping.
Of course they were doing this, also. I watched one of the Ole Miss players standing with hands on hips, look to the sideline, point down to confirm his instructions, then slowly fall to the ground. It was hilariously bad acting.

Let's not act like this doesn't happen regularly.

Of course they were doing this, also. I watched one of the Ole Miss players standing with hands on hips, look to the sideline, point down to confirm his instructions, then slowly fall to the ground. It was hilariously bad acting.

Let's not act like this doesn't happen regularly.
And this didn’t happen in the PSU game. You guys can point to one instance that might have been questionable….that doesn’t equal a game plan.

• Haha
I totally understand. I will be back to visit from time to time as I truly respect and like PSU. The thing I REALLY want to do is experience a PSU White out....but that will probably never happen for me. :-(
I hope you can some day. Every fanbase has some A-holes (some more than others). I would think you'd enjoy the experience and would be treated well. You're alright, Hawkman. Take care.

Reactions: Hawkman34
I love how we’re getting lectured by a group of fans who lost their collective minds when Trace McSorley punted a football after the game. The Iowa fans claiming to be the picture of class trying to explain away booing injured players.

• Haha
Reactions: sob5 and Hawklad24
He may be our top player on defense. Certainly one of the best defense line in the Big 10. It doesn’t benefit us to have him sit out a play. Especially with the lack of depth.

You point out there was no contact. Funny I remember your DB getting hurt celebrating an interception. There was no contact on that play. Guess he’s faking too.

Always had a ton of respect for Iowa football until this past weekend. Now I will cheering against you every game. I invite the Blue White board to post on the Iowa site every time there’s an injury or loss.

I hope you can some day. Every fanbase has some A-holes (some more than others). I would think you'd enjoy the experience and would be treated well. You're alright, Hawkman. Take care.
I think it would be EPIC!!!! Thanks Nits and right back at ya!!!!

Reactions: nits74

For some reason Iowa fans—and coaches—thought PSU players were faking injuries from the beginning. I guess the Brisker situation set the tone. He has a shoulder problem (stingers?) which is painful but he only misses one play. This has happened several times in prior games which Iowa fans would not be aware of.

Except for #17 all the other players failed to return to the game. No one here knows the extent of his situation, but one kid “faking” is not a game plan for stalling. We will never know if he was faking, but if he did so it was not because of a master plan.

Booing injured players is classless enough especially it seems based on a prior game with MSU. More bothersome is the assertion that Clifford took himself out of the game because he was intimidated. There is no basis for it and insults a guy who has exhibited a warrior mentality playing when he was hurt. Give it up.

#1 is also a player who returned from injury. Not looking to pick or start a fight, but I truly believe he was the instigator with Iowa fans. After he got up from his injury, he started jogging off, stopped at midfield, did the superman ripping off his shirt gesture, sat out one play, and came right back into the game the very next play. He received some boos upon re-entering because of his antics upon leaving the field. Upon hearing the boos he raised his two arms in the air as if to say boo louder.

I truly believe his behavior post injury started the booing and it was a trickle down effect from there. I'm not saying #1 did anything wrong, but the perception and his mannerisms drove the boos for the next several injuries imo.

#1 is also a player who returned from injury. Not looking to pick or start a fight, but I truly believe he was the instigator with Iowa fans. After he got up from his injury, he started jogging off, stopped at midfield, did the superman ripping off his shirt gesture, sat out one play, and came right back into the game the very next play. He received some boos upon re-entering because of his antics upon leaving the field. Upon hearing the boos he raised his two arms in the air as if to say boo louder.

I truly believe his behavior post injury started the booing and it was a trickle down effect from there. I'm not saying #1 did anything wrong, but the perception and his mannerisms drove the boos for the next several injuries imo.
Damn, you guys have some fragile egos. Brisker (that's his name) has been fighting that injury all season. I'm sure getting up (again) and walking off the field is a point of pride for him. You folks need to get out of Iowa more often. There's a big world out there full of people who are different than you.

Yes, by all means have our all American DB, who’s been in and out of games all year due to a shoulder injury, fake an injury so he has to come out of the game…..your brilliance is blinding.

Good lord. The Iowa fans are like rats. Nasty f’s that just keep multiplying.

I have never seen a group come to another team’s board in such droves and then try to tell us how we are insecure. A secure fan base doesn’t feel the need to go running to another team’s board after barely eeking out a win.

Quite pathetic.

victim shaming

Damn, you guys have some fragile egos. Brisker (that's his name) has been fighting that injury all season. I'm sure getting up (again) and walking off the field is a point of pride for him. You folks need to get out of Iowa more often. There's a big world out there full of people who are different than you.

Maybe they should try something other than farmersonly.com

Referring to the current Iowa coach, are you slow?...made no reference to any CURRENT PSU coaches.

why would a first team, all Big Ten safety be used to fake an injury?

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire

The Brisker situation definitely set the tone. It was the first time we had gained over 10 yards in the game, Brisker goes down for a couple minutes, then comes back after sitting out only one play. Without knowing the background on his shoulder issue, one can see how that seems suspicious. Even with knowing the background on the shoulder issue, one can debate whether you should lay down and stop the game or just signal to the sideline that you need to come out.

I don't believe there was a single PSU injury that was fake. In each instance, I believe the PSU player legitimately needed to come out of the game, even if only for 1-4 plays. I also believe that a couple times the PSU players stayed down longer than they really needed to, and you can argue the gamesmanship of that because there's no affirmative duty to get off the field as fast as you can. It makes sense that you might as well take your sweet time to stall any momentum the other team may have had, and I think it also makes sense that your opponent wouldn't appreciate that.

Even with knowing the background on the shoulder issue, one can debate whether you should lay down and stop the game or just signal to the sideline that you need to come out.
It seems the feeling in Iowa is unless it's a leg injury, an injured player should never lay on the field. Watch a football game between any two random teams. There's a good chance you'll see a player who suffers an upper body injury lay on the ground afterward. But in Iowa it's always black and white and they know the difference. Except Ferentz and the Iowa coaching staff. For them white is white. And black should be white too.

Reactions: Nittany_93
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT