ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa coach flopping to ground and mocking our injuries

So that makes you like 21st? You all seems a bit thin skinned, especially your foul mouthed “administrator “
So that makes you like 21st? You all seems a bit thin skinned, especially your foul mouthed “administrator “
Nope rated about right at #7. We’d beat you by minimum 7 points on a neutral field and 10 points at Beaver Stadium. It’s called more talent. PSU clearly In full control 17-3 before our QB goes down and you methodically pull out a win at home in the 2nd half. Very well coached, but pedestrian team. Probably top 15, but nothing more. You’ll get smoked by PSU, or OSU in the Big Ten championship game.

Ok guys well this was fun. I think we should all do as Penn st players do lie down and take a breather. Good luck the rest of the season. Looking forward to talking to you all again the next time we play. Maybe this year maybe some time down the road.

Reactions: LionHoya
Hi guys,

I come in peace....just thought I would throw my 2 cents in....

I was at the game yesterday (45 yard line behind Hawks bench) lucky enough to have a friend invite me).

I honestly did not hear any booing (a least in my section) with your first linemen's injury. After that....it was pretty bad for booing.....and I was one of them. I am pretty dang ashamed that I joined in. I know your team and coaches would not fake injuries and I also know the PSU fans would not boo that as well. And our coach that did his flailing...should be talked to for sure.

Look, PSU was the better team at full strength, and if the Hawks are lucky enough to make it to the Championship.....it could be ugly for us. I do LOVE our team, but the Lions exposed us pretty bad. It would have been much better for us to have won with you at full strength. Your team and fans have been where we want to go (many times)...emotions were at a FEVER pitch yesterday. The old saying "Act like you have been there" was NOT displayed by our fans during those injuries.

My friend and I happened to walk back to our cars with Yurcich's nephew and his friend. Really cool young men. I asked them if they had been getting any trouble from Hawk fans, and they said absolutely not...they loved the atmosphere. I did say that I was embarrassed at how (we Hawk fans) reacted to the injuries and they did say they were caught off guard by that.....

I do hope all of your injured players get better and that you win the East. We will be lucky to get through without losing....even though we are in the much weaker division.

Finally, I said in an earlier thread that I and many Hawks fans I know have PSU as our favorite team from the East. If we can't make it to the playoffs, I hope it is you guys...I still freaking miss Joe Pa......

Peace and good luck
This post is way too rational and gracious to come from an Iowa fan. You are like an oasis in the desert. Come back and visit. I'd wish you luck for the rest of the season, but no can do. Too many obnoxious, and frankly, stupid people in you fanbase.

Last edited:
@Hotshoe - add Birdmanil to the Iowa banned list. This is complete lunacy, I've never seen anything like it.
Really can we take a vote or at least unblock me the next time we play each other. I can accept being razzed when we lose. You'll never see me asking for PSU fans to be banned when they came over doing the same. The PSU fan who thinks he's Chuck Norris would come over threatening to give anyone arm bars and nougies and I supported his right to trash talk post game. Very un-American, I hope you all lie down and think about this

"Injured" 🙄 Come on, you guys don't seriously believe that, right? I get being disappointed about a loss but wow.
You are aware that only 2 players reentered after injury. Of the two, #1 injured his shoulder against Wisconsin and has been getting 2-3 stingers like that per game since (again, not faked to slowdown tempo that you didn't play with anyway). The other, #17, is our best defensive end and there is no way he would voluntarily be taken out of the game to slow down an offense that was not even pushing a tempo.

You sound completely uninformed

Nope rated about right at #7. We’d beat you by minimum 7 points on a neutral field and 10 points at Beaver Stadium. It’s called more talent. PSU clearly In full control 17-3 before our QB goes down and you methodically pull out a win at home in the 2nd half. Very well coached, but pedestrian team. Probably top 15, but nothing more. You’ll get smoked by PSU, or OSU in the Big Ten championship game.
More talent? We just beat you but you have more talent? Got it. And it’s your coaches fault that your 2nd string QB isn’t any good! Recruit a better Backup or better lineman to protect your starter. Our pedestrian team outgained your superior talent by the way. Who’s pedestrian?

• Love
Reactions: sob5 and hdoug3
Really can we take a vote or at least unblock me the next time we play each other. I can accept being razzed when we lose. You'll never see me asking for PSU fans to be banned when they came over doing the same. The PSU fan who thinks he's Chuck Norris would come over threatening to give anyone arm bars and nougies and I supported his right to trash talk post game. Very un-American, I hope you all lie down and think about this

This was low key sort of funny but still hoping you get banned. Cheers.

Reactions: sob5
More talent? We just beat you but you have more talent? Got it. And it’s your coaches fault that your 2nd string QB isn’t any good! Recruit a better Backup or better lineman to protect your starter. Our pedestrian team outgained your superior talent by the way. Who’s pedestrian?
You really are thick aren’t you. There is nobody that believes you have as much talent as Penn State. Nobody. I said you were well coached. You were badly outgained before Clifford went down in the 2nd quarter. Yes you barely outgained PSU at the end of the game. Your MVP was your punter if you are honest with yourself. Just stop with the nonsense. Our backup QB transferred to Kentucky and has led them to. 6-0 start and #-11 ranking. Be thankful you don’t have to play them, because they are more than comparable to IOWA. Otherwise be thankful you play in the weak BIG TEN West.
Take a look at the incoming recruiting class for 2022 and you may understand the difference in talent between our programs, which will only grow the next few years.

• Haha
Reactions: Stephen Hawk King
I bet you can’t see just how ironic this post is.
Do you want to compare programs all time, or simply the last few years. You do recall that Penn State came off of arguably the toughest sanctions in the history of the NCAA short of the death penalty in 2012/2013. Penn State has historically had a top 5 program relative to players in the NFL for the past 50 years, since the Paterno era began.
As I said, take a look at the respective PSU/IOWA incoming 2022 recruiting classes and get an idea of where the programs are headed from a talent standpoint.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Iowa fan posters seem to suffer from a huge inferiority complex, and just can’t accept who they are, although a very good football program. But they’ve never historically been considered a Blue Blood and likely are a ~ ‘maybe’ a TOP 15 program all time at best. The same is true with today’s vintage.

Reactions: psupride1997
Iowa fan posters seem to suffer from a huge inferiority complex, and just can’t accept who they are, although a very good football program. But they’ve never historically been considered a Blue Blood and likely are a ~ ‘maybe’ a TOP 15 program all time at best. The same is true with today’s vintage.

This is spot on. They are a 2nd tier program, and always will be. And it drives them nuts.

Reactions: GulfCoastLion
This post is way too rational and gracious to come from an Iowa fan. You are like an oasis in the desert. Come back and visit. I'd wish you luck for the rest of the season, but no can do. Too many obnoxious, and frankly, stupid people in you fanbase.
I totally understand. I will be back to visit from time to time as I truly respect and like PSU. The thing I REALLY want to do is experience a PSU White out....but that will probably never happen for me. :-(

Reactions: LionHoya
Do you want to compare programs all time, or simply the last few years. You do recall that Penn State came off of arguably the toughest sanctions in the history of the NCAA short of the death penalty in 2012/2013. Penn State has historically had a top 5 program relative to players in the NFL for the past 50 years, since the Paterno era began.
As I said, take a look at the respective PSU/IOWA incoming 2022 recruiting classes and get an idea of where the programs are headed from a talent standpoint.
You definitely don’t see the irony. Anyone else care to try?

The irony is you won and you're here still posting. Short man syndrome much? Go back out to your garage and polish your lifted deisel pickup that has the small dick stacks in the bed.

Reactions: Midnighter2
The irony is you won and you're here still posting. Short man syndrome much? Go back out to your garage and polish your lifted deisel pickup that has the small dick stacks in the bed.
Huh. Lotta cliches there, bud. I came here on an alert that you have a real classy mod. I’m not even here to rub salt. But that post I called out as ironic is really ironic. Football can be unpredictable, but with Clifford remaining in the game I suspect you win by two scores.

Not at all. The NCAA stepped into a place they had no business stepping into and they acknowledged that reinstating the wins, etc a few years later. Penn state remained resilient, despite the over-reach by the NCAA and just now rebounding back to their normal talent/depth levels, after the imposed sanctions.

Once again, I’m not sure you ‘comprehend’ the meaning of irony.

It was more like 28 seconds after the play ended. The play ended at the 7 second mark of the video. As the camera pans back across the field you can see Ebiketie sitting upright on the turf at the 13 second mark, and then the coach demonstrated the flop at about the 35 second mark.
I don’t buy the explanation of “demonstrating a flop to the ref.” It just seems utterly preposterous to me.

At least you’re trying to discuss it, as opposed to the Hawkeye fans who are just marking posts with the “Haha” reaction. Real contributors those guys are… probably great contributors to society in general to boot 🙄

• Haha
So you guys are saying this was a legitimate injury that he had no ability to get back to the sidelines. He had no physical contact on the play, and obviously he came back in so it wasn’t a major non contact injury. He just looks winded and decided to sit down. I am ok with injuries but to avoid questions like this I do think rule changes need to occur. If a player is injured to the point of a stoppage of play, he should be out for the remainder of the drive which seems fair.
Have you heard of cramps? Have you heard of tweaking a knee? Lots of reasons to go down and stay down.

Dated a few years, which hurts our rating since it clearly reaches back to the sanction years. In any case PSU #21 and Iowa # 49. And as previously stated, the difference will only grow going forward, as PSU recruiting g continues to ascend.

Ask yourself, would Penn State fans/students have stormed the field with a similar win over Iowa, if this was at Braver Stadium this week ? I suggest that we wouldn’t have entered the field, regardless of how we won. But I guaranteed we wouldn’t have entered the field after pulling out a win against a team that lost their starting QB and we had to pull out an ugly win using incredible punts and field position to do so. We would have been happy, or feeling lucky that we got the victory. Nuff said.

Not at all. The NCAA stepped into a place they had no business stepping into and they acknowledged that reinstating the wins, etc a few years later. Penn state remained resilient, despite the over-reach by the NCAA and just now rebounding back to their normal talent/depth levels, after the imposed sanctions.

Once again, I’m not sure you ‘comprehend’ the meaning of irony.
You’re getting colder.

Ask yourself, would Penn State fans/students have stormed the field with a similar win over Iowa, if this was at Braver Stadium this week ? I suggest that we wouldn’t have entered the field, regardless of how we won. But I guaranteed we wouldn’t have entered the field after pulling out a win against a team that lost their starting QB and we had to pull out an ugly win using incredible punts and field position to do so. We would have been happy, or feeling lucky that we got the victory. Nuff said.
Cool.

Ole Miss had twice as many injuries against Arkansas as we had against Iowa. I don’t think any of their guys were out more than a play or two. I haven’t heard any conspiracy theories about them faking injuries….the explanation was cramping.
Arkansas fans aren't as smart as Iowa fans (or maybe not as paranoid?).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT