ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa is knocking it out of the park with Women's recruiting

How much are you willing to pony up in a capital campaign to have a women's team?

The women's team will need coaches, training facilities, scholarships, and other team expenses.
Shouldn't be a problem at all for Penn State to make happen.

Exhibit A on why other teams are not starting one.
Well there is all that, but the biggest reason is Iowa threw such a hissy fit at the last 3 Big10 annual meetings about Penn State, Cael, wrestling and the unfairness of it all that the Big10 is allowing Nicholls to give Penn State athletics bags of cash to not initiate a women's program.

I know Oklahoma State and Arizona State were the rumored next schools to add Womens Wrestling, that has significantly faltered and doesn't look like it'll happen.

Reactions: Sullivan
There is no reason Penn State couldn't have a women's wrestling team. Has nothing to do with Iowa.

There is no reason Penn State couldn't have a women's wrestling team. Has nothing to do with Iowa.
It has to do with the 31 existing varsity sports. I believe that is the most of any school in the country. The economics to support this size of program is getting very difficult.

There is no reason iowa couldn't have a men's volleyball, swimming & diving, tennis, soccer, or rowing team.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_Hawkeyes

How the he'll did iowa lose a Title IX complaint with almost twice as many women's sports than men's?

Reactions: mhlarch and Ski
Is high school girls wrestling growing quickly in Pennsylvania? Since 2020 right?

Iowa women winning National Championships in wrestling is like Yale winning one in football in 1876 when there were 3-4 competitive teams in the entire sport.

It has to do with the 31 existing varsity sports. I believe that is the most of any school in the country. The economics to support this size of program is getting very difficult.

There is no reason iowa couldn't have a men's volleyball, swimming & diving, tennis, soccer, or rowing team.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_Hawkeyes

How the he'll did iowa lose a Title IX complaint with almost twice as many women's sports than men's?
I believe Ohio State has the most teams … 38 in total. 18 mens 20 womens

Craziest part is Blades might start on their men’s team. Whole time we all thought this was for the women’s team. Blades Dec Nelson Brands 5-1

I might be that old guy but I have no interest in women's sports, even due to my school affiliation. I concede greatness in lady's wrestling to Iowa, come on, they need something!

Hey!!! Women's basketball blah blah female Larry Bird and stuff.

Last edited:
I might be that old guy but I have no interest in women's sports, even due to my school affiliation. I concede greatness in lady's wrestling to Iowa, come on, they need something!

Hey!!! Women's basketball blah blah female Larry Bird and stuff.
Have you ever watched some of these girls wrestle? There is legit talent there.

Reactions: dbldoofus
Iowa's gonna win everything for quite a while but Lehigh starting a team is good for the east coast girls. they should be pretty competitive in short order.

Fargo #'s were up again for girls. I think both PA and NJ had their highest #'s ever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT