ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa-Northwestern

giphy.gif

Wow. I gotta give Brands points for candor. Usually when ducking, guys don't honestly admit that the were trying to put their guys in "best possible position for rankings". Just a stunning admission of outright ducking. Wow. Wonder how they're trying to rationalize this over on HR. Should make for some fun reading.
HR is going to need a lot lip stick to dress up this pig.

Wow. I gotta give Brands points for candor. Usually when ducking, guys don't honestly admit that the were trying to put their guys in "best possible position for rankings". Just a stunning admission of outright ducking. Wow. Wonder how they're trying to rationalize this over on HR. Should make for some fun reading.
I flipped through the in-match thread. Most posters we're pissed Lee didn't wrestle. Of course there were a few that tried to rationalize Lee not going. The rationalizations are pretty funny for the most part.

Reactions: NittanyChris
It proves the opposite. The horn sounded while both were still standing. Desanto pushed him down and then took four or five steps at him, well after the horn had gone off. Whether he was yelling or not, I have no idea, but it was much more "action" after the horn sounding than you'll see in 98% of matches, especially when there is a 10 pt lead and no chance for a TF or fall. He had to know there was 2.7 seconds left when they reset and that time was well past that.

I'd just like to see him finish one match like almost every other wrestler. Certainly haven't seen one in awhile from him.
Agree to disagree. I saw it differently.

Next press Iowa press conference, someone should ask Tom if there’s a chapter on Ducking in the 3” binder of gold intel.
He probably wouldn't know. He did the Evelyn Wood speed reading bit on the binder and now Terry uses it as a booster seat at his desk.

Reactions: pawrest01
Iowa has a great recruiting strategy for high quality back ups. Tells them that they'd be sitting at most big time programs, but here at Iowa you'll get your shot at glory against the high ranked guys while the starter watches and you can start eating in early March when the starter takes over for tournament time.

I'm reluctant to read much into guys being sat but Brands' statement is a steaming bowl of evasive word salad (w/ duck).
This right here^^.

I'll give Brands maybe an ounce of credit for not blatantly lying, but it's an incredibly lame statement. He basically acknowledged that part of the Iowa staff's plan is to hold certain guys out when there is a decent chance they might lose a match. That's actually kind of sad for a program as proud (at least formerly proud) and with the history of Iowa. Yeesh.

I'm reluctant to read much into guys being sat but Brands' statement is a steaming bowl of evasive word salad (w/ duck).
This right here^^.

I'll give Brands maybe an ounce of credit for not blatantly lying, but it's an incredibly lame statement. He basically acknowledged that part of the Iowa staff's plan is to hold certain guys out when there is a decent chance they might lose a match. That's actually kind of sad for a program as proud (at least formerly proud) and with the history of Iowa. Yeesh.
its really sad what the Brands brothers have done to that once proud program. I would feel bad for the fans, but most appear to be in lock step with them. Maybe it's a case of Stockholm syndrome.

This right here^^.

Ducks > Hawks

Tom Brands has officially taken over the top of the list

Tom Ryan knocked down to 2nd
When Brands this year refused to travel to Penn State knowing if he did his Hawks would take a total ass whuppung in front of 16,000 fans in the BJC and the 1,000,000 more viewers on BTN he because numero uno Mr. Quack like a Duck. All he is doing with the micro management of who he doesn't want his kids competing against is just putting distance between himself and all other duck leaders.

Wake me up when Lugo takes a shot.... Holy Schnikies.

This is unwatchable.
Sleeping that long would cause your family concern and would probably result in a 911 call. Just saying. Do the more sensible thing. Turn the channel for 30 minutes. Then turn the match back on. You will have skipped some serious nothing time and Marinelli's match should be starting.

When Brands this year refused to travel to Penn State knowing if he did his Hawks would take a total ass whuppung in front of 16,000 fans in the BJC and the 1,000,000 more viewers on BTN he because numero uno Mr. Quack like a Duck. All he is doing with the micro management of who he doesn't want his kids competing against is just putting distance between himself and all other duck leaders.
Its a great recruiting strategy, come to Iowa where you are get to wrestle the best in the post season.

Nerd alert:

I have a greasemonkey script I've messed w/ in the past that "finds and replaces" words for you on webpages you visit. I re-enabled it this morning, after adding the text to replace any mention of "hawk" with "duck." Then I went to HR to read around for a while. Hilarity ensued--especially w/ all the usernames "DonDuckeye, lol). I'm easily entertained, but I had a feeling someone else here might also be similarly afflicted. :D

on a srious note, maybe some of Tom's words were a slip... who knows what is really happening behind the scenes. You can get dinged up during Saturday workout.... However, was there ever a final definitive reason for not wrestling VaTech in natl duals set-up?

Reactions: danoftw
I wonder if it was something strategic. Maybe they have a different approach or strategy for how to counter what SeaBass did at midlands, and don't want to give him 6 weeks to counter their counter...
Yup. And if they meet in the finals of the B1G tournament, Spencer can injury default to prolong the mystery!

Reactions: danoftw
Nerd alert:

I have a greasemonkey script I've messed w/ in the past that "finds and replaces" words for you on webpages you visit. I re-enabled it this morning, after adding the text to replace any mention of "hawk" with "duck." Then I went to HR to read around for a while. Hilarity ensued--especially w/ all the usernames "DonDuckeye, lol). I'm easily entertained, but I had a feeling someone else here might also be similarly afflicted. :D
I'm really enjoying this. Even Google Knows:

Also useful to turn "Carl" into "Cael, the GOAT"

LOL, haven't thought of Alice's Restaurant in ages!

86PSUPaul, It's funny that when Dogwelder mentioned teams passing out duck calls, that's what came to mind, I know it's kind of weird, but I'm old now and I think of a lot of weird sh#t ;)

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
LOL, haven't thought of Alice's Restaurant in ages!

My little town in NJ has a celebration every August. Part of the celebration is free concert in a park and fireworks. Two summers ago, Arlo Guthrie was the performer. The show was okay, but I started getting a little bored so I started walking home. By the time I got to the mountaintop where my house is, I heard him starting to play Alice's Restaurant. I had to turn around and go back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT