ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin has a loser mentality

Does PSU’s future look to be closer to Nebraska or Ohio State?
Depends, if we fire Franklin for only going 10-2 and then hire someone worse…… Nebraska.

If we makes the playoffs the next two years it should help in recruiting …especially if we have the tremendous optics of a home playoff game as a White Out II….. just might make the next step up to consistent top five.

Reactions: lazydave841
Depends, if we fire Franklin for only going 10-2 and then hire someone worse…… Nebraska.

If we makes the playoffs the next two years it should help in recruiting …especially if we have the tremendous optics of a home playoff game as a White Out II….. just might make the next step up to consistent top five.
And if we fire him and find the next Kirby Smart we're better than Ohio State, right?

I like Coach Franklin. I think he runs a solid, clean program, recruits well, and wins. Not in the big games, but I think he will. If that continues this season, then I'll start to get a bit itchy. I think Spin Meister's post above captures perfectly some of the unique challenges Coach faced, so I'm willing to cut him a break for now.

I think with our new OC and DC we'll do well this year and get that signature win.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Comparing Saban and Franklin is laughable. I know you are not but even thinking about it is ridiculous. You answered your own question. Saban was so good the coordinator just fit in to his master strategy plus the tons of talent his teams had certainly helped.
Franklin is an average at best coach in terms of in-game and game prep so he has to have an O coordinator who is exceptional.
And needs the players/leaders who can make the winning play at crunch time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT