ADVERTISEMENT

Junior Worlds

How the hell is that a caution and 2. That's how you defend that.

Zahid could bust a cinder block with his snaps. Great low single. Zahid looks for a big trip, but just gets the pushout, 2-1. Someone is yelling "Red, pass-eve" every 15secs. RUS in on single leg. Zahid defending but gives up takesdown. 4-1. RUS goes gut, but no avail. Zahid half shot, but RUS counters, sucker drag. Zahid gets to a lock and runs him out of bounds, exposing for 4! 5-4 Zahid, going into the second.

Reactions: tikk10
I didn't go back that far because the 1984 tournament was held in the U.S., and it looks like the Soviet Union and Iran did not compete. Nearly all of the medalists were from the U.S., South Korea and West Germany.
Good point. Japan won a Gold too. Just by the number of medals alone, it's comparable. Methinks this year's team is "best ever", taking everything into consideration.

Whoever is on the camera needs to stop with the "mouthbreather" close ups. It's the action that's important

Zahid looking dead to rights, evades, but looks for pushout, and gets countered for a takedown. 6-5 RUS. Zahid gets to a lock, but gets puchsed out, being overzealous. 7-5. Takedown would win criteria for Zahid.

1min left. Zahid being the aggressor. gets the corner on single, comes out the back. RUS adjusts hips back. No score. ~30sec left. Zahid drives to single. Nothing. Non-stop attacking, here. RUS stalls to win 7-5. Damn. Zahid finishes silver.

That caution+2 was fishy, man. I smell something not right, here, after that bullshit non-caution against them in Fix's match. And I usually hate when twe complain like that.

dangit. that attempt at a push out cost Zahid... Missed it, gave up the two.

I believe we locked up the team title when Fix beat the Russian. I could be wrong but the best they can finish with is 66 pts. We have 67

From Willie:
Gable wins, we win.
Gable loses, RUS loses, we win.
Gable loses, RUS wins, we lose on criteria.

I believe we locked up the team title when Fix beat the Russian. I could be wrong but the best they can finish with is 66 pts. We have 67
Russia has a guy going for bronze, I think we clinch before get to Gable if he loses.

No, it was clear. I just don't think Jackson gets any of the credit. He inherited the situation and the wrestlers this year, and he did nothing to develop them. He just started a month ago. Handing someone the flag after they win doesn't mean he had any part in the win.

If I was hired as PSU head coach 1 month before NCAAs next year, would the team still win the championship? Yes. Would Nolf, Zain, Bo still put up dominating performances? Yes. Would I deserve any credit for them doing that? No.

hes been going back to the OTC for years while he was at ISU, so you are pitching a false equivalency.

That caution+2 was fishy, man. I smell something not right, here, after that bullshit non-caution against them in Fix's match. And I usually hate when twe complain like that.

Almost every close call has gone our way this tournament.

Yes, Willie is right. Forgot the bronze match is the difference between 3rd and 5th here. 2 points at stake.

I have Russia with 59 going into heavy, us with 58. If Russia wins bronze, that gives them 67 (65 is he loses). If Gable wins, that gives us 68 (67 if he loses)

I think Russia wins tiebreaker with 4 champs to 2 if there is a tie. C;mon Gable!

Steveson considered a favorite in his match. hopefully he didn't suffer a concussion in that match with the massive Russian.

I've never had a poor thought about your posts, but this is absolutely delirious.

At one point, Fix was jerking his hand like it was glued to the guy's head... and he continued it after the Russian released his wrist. It was hilarious. All while Fix was making eye contact with the ref. Just a little gamesmanship. Fix was miles better than that guy.

My guess is Zeke scouted the Russian and thought he could get that call.

RUS looks like the kid you convince to try out wrestling because they can't shoot a basket to save their life and always look pissed off on the bench.

Reactions: Afw6006 and tikk10
Kozonov is raw but almost comically gigantic and can move. Probably not not done growing either.

russia steals the election and now is trying to steal the UWW Jr world team championship...they know no shame ;):(:mad::confused::D

Reactions: smealpsu2005
Oh man, another phantom caution and 2. C'mon, can't we make it through a single int'l tournament without evidence of corruption?

Zahid will need a plan b moving forward. Right now he has an A game but no back up if he can't finish his TDs. Mark has an a-b-c-d into infinity plan. Which is what makes him such a threat internationally. He can pull out a plan for whatever you do and it is usually using your offense against you.

Georgia has no offense here so difficult to really complain that he got jobbed.

Sets the table for Gable though. Let's go kid!

Gable gets to a leg, drives to a push-out, 1-0. Gable gets to a deep single, again, finishes in middle. 3-0.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT