ADVERTISEMENT

Lando: You have won your title now GTFO our board.

The conferences have standings, and they are not the polls.
Oh, okay. Gotcha. So I guess I should just look at the Big Ten STANDINGS on their official website?

Not sure why these standings have PSU at 10-3. They must have played a 13th regular season game that I missed along the way somewhere...

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
Oh, okay. Gotcha. So I guess I should just look at the Big Ten STANDINGS on their official website?

Not sure why these standings have PSU at 10-3. They must have played a 13th regular season game that I missed along the way somewhere...
They add bowl games to get people to waste their money not because they matter.

Can you point me to where I can find the Blue/White game Hall of Fame? Maybe the NFL preseason Hall of Fame? I'd be interested to see that!
The Blue-White Hall of Fame would have a bust of Aric Heffelfinger in the entry way.

Dude was the Dominick Bragalone before the hype- except he wasn't really known until the break out BW Day.

Neat article on his story- seems like exactly what we used to stand for back in The Grand Experiment.

It's okay to admit you are wrong. Hint: in this instance, you are wrong, and have been proven to be so. Just take the L.
That clown was wrong about officials NEVER altering the outcome of a game and then as always doubles down on stupid with some idiotic reference that in no way validates his take but runs with it anyway - it's fun time after time proving someone like that wrong when for some bizarre reason they think they know everything and I find people like that a dumber than most people pretty much all the time.

...so Joe Paterno has how many wins?
Again, definitions of words. Bowl games are competitions between NCAA teams. Being exhibitions, is irrelevant. Blue white, since you keep bringing it up, is an inter squad scrimmage. A scrimmage is not a competition between two NCAA schools.

You answered my question without answering it..."emotions".
While the B2G might list non-conference games in the total record, you might notice that they have no factor in how the team sits in the B2G standings.

Hahaha, the lengths you guys will go to just to avoid saying, yeah, I was wrong.

It's okay to admit you are wrong. Hint: in this instance, you are wrong, and have been proven to be so. Just take the L.
I'm not wrong. There's no proof they matter. You just desperately want them to.m because you need to believe they do. The playoff killed the bowls. We all know it. Eventually you and others that are in denial will admit that.

"The bowls are exhibitions that don't count in the standings!!!!"

*Shown the official Big Ten standings that include the bowl games

"They just do that to get people to buy tickets!!!!!"

TAKE THE L.

To put this in context, the final AP/coaches poll that ranks teams eliminated from contention is like an NFL power rankings done after the Super Bowl to stack rank all of the teams who lost. Nobody cares who the 5th best team in the NFL was. The reason people "care" about the polls in CFB, is because the opponents are too varied and there is no way to objectively measure - but that doesn't make them standings and it doesn't make bowl games anything more than exhibitions, by definition.

The 2024 college football polls will begin based on the final (after all the bowls games, including the final 4) subjective polls. NFL 2024 standings will be totally objective based on performance on the field. NFL teams all start the season the same and are ranked each week by wins and loses. College football standing are not. Totally subjective.
If bowl games are meaningless to the polls, why are standings changed after all the games and then used as the basis for next years polls? BTW: I notice that teams that did not make the final 4 are included in the both the final AP and Coaches polls top 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoBareFeet
The 2024 college football polls will begin based on the final (after all the bowls games, including the final 4) subjective polls. NFL 2024 standings will be totally objective based on performance on the field. NFL teams all start the season the same and are ranked each week by wins and loses. College football standing are not. Totally subjective.
If bowl games are meaningless to the polls, why are standings changed after all the games and then used as the basis for next years polls? BTW: I notice that teams that did not make the final 4 are included in the both the final AP and Coaches polls top 4.

NFL teams make the playoff by rules. But those rules are not attempting to select the best teams. They are subjective rules designed to give all divisions hope. Apples and oranges.

Also, the final AP poll is messed up. The team that loses in the NC game shouldn't always be #2.

I think there should be two college football titles. Best team for the overall regular season (perhaps awarded by the AP), and best team of the playoff. Some years, a team will win both titles. Other years, we will see splits.

The AP and Coaches Poll are also meaningless. Only the College Football Playoff Poll means anything. They don't do a poll after the bowls because the winner of the playoff determines the title.
They exist just so people talk about it but there wasn't even talk this year. People don't care anymore.

The AP and Coaches Poll are also meaningless. Only the College Football Playoff Poll means anything. They don't do a poll after the bowls because the winner of the playoff determines the title.
They exist just so people talk about it but there wasn't even talk this year. People don't care anymore.
So you are saying the ap and coaches polls do not influence the playoff selection committee members.🤣

You're saying you think they care? Didn't FSU being left out prove that wrong?
To keep it simple for you. I think if they are really doing their jobs, even subjectively, they follow the polls all season and it will clearly have an influence, if even sub-consciously. According to you they left fsu out because they lost their starting qb.

He’ll never admit it.
Like you not knowing Mason turned the ball over but did? You clearly didn't watch the game as you thought the Steelers had as many people out as the Ravens.

The reality to this is he hasn't proven anything. He's focused on the NCAA counting the results while ignoring why it's being done. Pure stupidity as always.

To keep it simple for you. I think if they are really doing their jobs, even subjectively, they follow the polls all season and it will clearly have an influence, if even sub-consciously. According to you they left fsu out because they lost their starting qb.
They left out FSU because FSU was not one of the top 4 teams without their QB despite what the Coaches and AP Polls believed.
Those 2 polls exist simply to generate discussion. They don't have any true influence no matter how much you wish they did (apparently)

• Haha
Reactions: GSPMax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT