ADVERTISEMENT

latest Suriano news

I do hope someone in the conference looks into the RU staff and if meddling/unauthorized communication occurred. The whole situation doesn't pass the smell test...

I do hope someone in the conference looks into the RU staff and if meddling/unauthorized communication occurred. The whole situation doesn't pass the smell test...
Agree. The timing of all of this, and the indecision, suggests that there was a lot going on behind the scenes. The NCAA should HAVE to show at least some interest in this situation.

That Rutgers crew are dumber than a bag of hammers.

d559db8a0e0627ee68742044879833c26ce497eaa41217ef57ccb295dda4d49a.jpg

At this point, I hope he becomes whatever non-Rutgers school's first national champion.

Another interesting twist would be if his waiver claim is his injury treatment, it's denied and he goes to Rider. Dylan Alton knows about PSU medical treatment and didn't leave.

Does anyone know if Nick is registered at RU? I would think, with classes about to begin, that he would have to be enrolled by now.

Does anyone know if Nick is registered at RU? I would think, with classes about to begin, that he would have to be enrolled by now.
Not according to the RU student directory. No, I'm not a wrestler stalker, I checked because you asked.o_O As has been stated previously, one would think he needs to register somewhere soon if he wants to compete this year.

Not according to the RU student directory. No, I'm not a wrestler stalker, I checked because you asked.o_O As has been stated previously, one would think he needs to register somewhere soon if he wants to compete this year.
Not necessarily. Every school has a late enrollment period.

And PD3 isn't enrolling until January, still competing this season.

Not necessarily. Every school has a late enrollment period.

And PD3 isn't enrolling until January, still competing this season.
Ok, good to know, thanks. I thought that maybe PDIII's situation was different because of the grad student thing, assuming that he becomes a grad student by January of course. Ha!

Don't mean to hijack the thread--well, yes I do, but who could possibly be dragging their feet in making a case for a waiver?!? Again, don't think they understand how this works...

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/suriano-question.126672/page-4#post-2859991

I read most of the last few threads....did anyone notice the guy who off topic has a post saying he couldn't wait for the Nolf vs VanBrill match this season? I feel as though VanBrill wrestled to win and wasn't afraid of Jason but what makes this guy think he would have a chance to win? Oh that's right..Rutgers message board.....:rolleyes:

Agree. The timing of all of this, and the indecision, suggests that there was a lot going on behind the scenes. The NCAA should HAVE to show at least some interest in this situation.
The NCAA has shown great interest. Apparently they might be releasing some sort of findings soon. The scuttle butt I hear is some Freeh dude has come forward with a couple typed up pages saying Joe Paterno kidnapped Nick and water boarded until Nick professed an unyielding desire to attend and wrestle for Rutgers. Penn State is set to lose all scholarship athletes and recruits

One would think that Suriano would need to be enrolled at Rutgers before the B1G ruled on a hardship waiver. I am not sure why the B1G would rule on a hardship waiver for a hypothetical transfer. If Suriano wants to attend Rutgers, transfer and deal with the consequences if the waiver is denied.

Micic transferred from Northwestern to Michigan, submitted the waiver in August and received a ruling on the waiver in November. Micic actually transferred and enrolled at Michigan prior to the waiver ruling.

Reactions: pish69
I read most of the last few threads....did anyone notice the guy who off topic has a post saying he couldn't wait for the Nolf vs VanBrill match this season? I feel as though VanBrill wrestled to win and wasn't afraid of Jason but what makes this guy think he would have a chance to win? Oh that's right..Rutgers message board.....:rolleyes:

ugmpaAB.gif

One would think that Suriano would need to be enrolled at Rutgers before the B1G ruled on a hardship waiver. I am not sure why the B1G would rule on a hardship waiver for a hypothetical transfer. If Suriano wants to attend Rutgers, transfer and deal with the consequences if the waiver is denied.

Micic transferred from Northwestern to Michigan, submitted the waiver in August and received a ruling on the waiver in November. Micic actually transferred and enrolled at Michigan prior to the waiver ruling.

They may not make an official ruling until after enrollment however it wouldn't surprise me if they were willing to give an unofficial assessment of the situation through their legal team. Lawyers have these kind of off-the-record discussions all the time.

Was there official resolution on this? I'm unclear. It seems like he's definitely gone from Happy Valley, but nothing beyond that is certain, is that correct?

I had a hrd time following along due to my intermittent internet connection.

Now, I'm back, and I'll look for a site to host the pics so I can show some of Prague/Bratislava/Poland/Budapest and the best beers I could find there! FYI Budapest was amazing, I can't recommend it highly enough.

I don't know about you but I have moved on from Suriano. I am now rooting for our new 125 pounder..."No One". I've already seen the forecasted lineup vs Ohio St with "No One" taking on Tomasello, and frankly, "No One" is a gutsy kid who they say will go toe to toe with anyone. I also like our new 133 pounder "Question Mark", who is so unpredictable, that even "No One" doesn't know what he's going to do in the room. Both of them are coming out this season loaded for some mat glory.

Reactions: garw
Matt7172 and Slushead, ya'll are headin' for a bannin' over on the RU board. LOL

They don't like to hear that they are wrong. You're never going to get that out of them. They will bring up Sandusky and Paterno before that happens.

Matt7172 and Slushead, ya'll are headin' for a bannin' over on the RU board. LOL

They don't like to hear that they are wrong. You're never going to get that out of them. They will bring up Sandusky and Paterno before that happens.

Yep. They banned me for some good natured ribbing towards Philaphans. His Den Mother attitude just rubbed me the wrong way. Two posts regarding truth and censorship and boom. What a thin skinned group they have over there.

Reactions: D3wrestler
I don't know about you but I have moved on from Suriano. I am now rooting for our new 125 pounder..."No One". I've already seen the forecasted lineup vs Ohio St with "No One" taking on Tomasello, and frankly, "No One" is a gutsy kid who they say will go toe to toe with anyone. I also like our new 133 pounder "Question Mark", who is so unpredictable, that even "No One" doesn't know what he's going to do in the room. Both of them are coming out this season loaded for some mat glory.
No One is beating Nico in the room!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Dogwelder
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

This made me smile, as I thought of the saying as soon as I saw Roar's post. A former co-worker (RIP) who I happened to look up to had a plaque on his desk that read, "May the beatings continue until morale improves." Pattern of a skull-and-crossbones etched into the wood. Great guy.

Reactions: NJ Lion

Yeah, some seem to be very protective of Mr. Bill, even if he is the one behaving badly. I've never seen such a high level of censorship on a wrestling forum before -- and based solely on what a single mod finds personally annoying (as opposed to an actual violation of rules).

I guess I should have taken better notice when even CaliNittany said he had been banned . . .

Yeah, some seem to be very protective of Mr. Bill, even if he is the one behaving badly. I've never seen such a high level of censorship on a wrestling forum before -- and based solely on what a single mod finds personally annoying (as opposed to an actual violation of rules).

I guess I should have taken better notice when even CaliNittany said he had been banned . . .
They're serious about Shut Up Because Sandusky over there.

My old roommate who still lives in State College says the 21 year olds get younger every year.
One of the benefits of getting older is the increasing age range of women that can be physically appreciated.
A guy will always appreciate the beauty and physical attributes of a 20 year-old firm belly. Approaching 60 I am able to also appreciate the beauty and physical attributes of women in thier 60s, and as I age the range expands. Always anchored by the 20 year-old firm belly.

That little post on the Rutgers site has the potential to run this thread to 10,000 posts or greater.

Yep. They banned me for some good natured ribbing towards Philaphans. His Den Mother attitude just rubbed me the wrong way. Two posts regarding truth and censorship and boom. What a thin skinned group they have over there.

I have a lot of good memories of Wexford. And no respect of Rutgers. A bunch of ignorant donkeys over there (cabbage head is one of the few exceptions).

I have a lot of good memories of Wexford. And no respect of Rutgers. A bunch of ignorant donkeys over there (cabbage head is one of the few exceptions).
Cabbagehead lost my support when he told me to eat a d**k. But, maybe I'm just becoming as sensitive as a Rutgers fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT