ADVERTISEMENT

latest Suriano news

I don't know about you but I have moved on from Suriano. I am now rooting for our new 125 pounder..."No One". I've already seen the forecasted lineup vs Ohio St with "No One" taking on Tomasello, and frankly, "No One" is a gutsy kid who they say will go toe to toe with anyone. I also like our new 133 pounder "Question Mark", who is so unpredictable, that even "No One" doesn't know what he's going to do in the room. Both of them are coming out this season loaded for some mat glory.

Actually, you misinterpreted - that's The Riddler (i.e., Edward Nigma or E. Nigma) lining up for PSU at 133.

Actually, you misinterpreted - that's The Riddler (i.e., Edward Nigma or E. Nigma) lining up for PSU at 133.
Correct. Instead of coming out with "Penn State" in the front, he will have a giant "?" on his singlet. Now, deal with THAT, Pletch!

Not sure whether this guy (Doink = ? = Spyker?) can make the cut down to 125. ???

9a81aa2702c627a3a4aba3b663d90f75.jpg

So I woke up on a fine Saturday morning and checked how the wrestling world was doing only to find middle aged men talking about firm bellies and eating d**ks. It's like we're Rome in decline our success has made us weak and decadent. Soon Tanner hoards will be at the gates.

Correct. Instead of coming out with "Penn State" in the front, he will have a giant "?" on his singlet. Now, deal with THAT, Pletch!

This post is merely to aid us on the way to 4,000. My Dad's baby sister dated Frank Gorshin (played the Riddler in the 1960s Batman TV show) for a while in high school. True story assuming you believe my Dad and my Aunt.

Step Brothers has grown on me over the years. It's good for when you're not interested in thinking too much and want to escape back to the dorm room humor............but i'm looking forward to tearing open my new blu ray of Glengarry Glen Ross at some point this weekend.

Step Brothers has grown on me over the years. It's good for when you're not interested in thinking too much and want to escape back to the dorm room humor............but i'm looking forward to tearing open my new blu ray of Glengarry Glen Ross at some point this weekend.
Taking my 14 year old to Dunkirk tonight saw it a couple of weeks ago. This movie will dominate at the Oscars. Probably a lock for best picture.

Reactions: tikk10
This post is merely to aid us on the way to 4,000. My Dad's baby sister dated Frank Gorshin (played the Riddler in the 1960s Batman TV show) for a while in high school. True story assuming you believe my Dad and my Aunt.

Gorshin was an awesome stand up comic. This is a highlight of the day, but that green singlet on the Batman show was hideous.

Yeah, some seem to be very protective of Mr. Bill, even if he is the one behaving badly. I've never seen such a high level of censorship on a wrestling forum before -- and based solely on what a single mod finds personally annoying (as opposed to an actual violation of rules).

I guess I should have taken better notice when even CaliNittany said he had been banned . . .

Oh, believe me, the wrestling thread lets you go much longer than the football thread. Though I've never disrespected RU or their fans, I've called them out when they were incorrect. I think I'm banned for life. LOL

Taking my 14 year old to Dunkirk tonight saw it a couple of weeks ago. This movie will dominate at the Oscars. Probably a lock for best picture.

I was hoping to catch that at a recently discovered drive-in but didn't get there. Looks great.

SIAP but if tom merges the original " dont shoot the messenger" thread, 4000 posts is eclipsed and we are on the way to 5000 :D

I was hoping to catch that at a recently discovered drive-in but didn't get there. Looks great.
You want to see it while it's still in theaters. It's definitely big screen art. Quite a story too. It's funny I was born twenty four years after it happened. As a child the trauma of it was still very much around like 911 is for my kids. So I am there and it is something my parents went through. My son is there and it might as well be the Trojan war. Aging is weird

Reactions: tikk10 and TangSoo
So I woke up on a fine Saturday morning and checked how the wrestling world was doing only to find middle aged men talking about firm bellies and eating d**ks. It's like we're Rome in decline our success has made us weak and decadent. Soon Tanner hoards will be at the gates.
Didn't hot shoes ban worthyone for saying eat a sausage, you have to walk a fine line I guess:(

You want to see it while it's still in theaters. It's definitely big screen art. Quite a story too. It's funny I was born twenty four years after it happened. As a child the trauma of it was still very much around like 911 is for my kids. So I am there and it is something my parents went through. My son is there and it might as well be the Trojan war. Aging is weird
Ditto, and see it on IMAX too, if you can. Innovative, immersive, it often felt more like a grim, disturbing amusement park ride than a movie, and the IMAX presentation heightens all that, forcing you to confront the trauma.

Funny, your comments about how distant WW2 seems for us similar to how September 11 will seem for kids growing up today. I wonder if technology doesn't help it seem nearer, though, as my most visceral experience with WW2 is through ancient-seeming black and white movies, and video-capable phones were just becoming ubiquitous in 2001.

Reactions: PSUisawesome

Interesting take, I saw it shortly after it came out and personally wasn't all that impressed. I'm a bit of a World War II Buff and thought it lacked historical context and jumped around too much. The special effects were very good so it may win an Oscar for that but there were probably a lot of people who saw the movie that didn't really know about the circumstances that lead to Dunkirk and probably still didn't after the movie was over. It was also the loudest movie I ever went to, so loud in fact that it took away from the enjoyment of the movie.

Last edited:
There's something that's been bugging me for decades. What in the world do the lyrics mean: "Dirty Deeds, Dunkirk Cheap" ??!?!? ;)

While being cryptic in their posts, the indication on the RU site is that Suriano is officially eligible and will announce in his time.

I want to hear the rationale if the BIG actually does grant his waiver... it must be the asterisk that says "and anything to screw PSU"...

If true, I guess a few of our guys that spent an enormous amount of time on the RU board stating over and over and over again how this can't happen because of the rules really feel like douche bags right now. Douche bags with egg on their faces yet to boot...

I want to hear the rationale if the BIG actually does grant his waiver... it must be the asterisk that says "and anything to screw PSU"...
I respectfully disagree that NS being a member of the RU team for the upcoming season "screws" PSU or will have a detrimental effect. Yes, NS will win his weight class in the duel meet but when it comes down to the BIG TEN and National championship team races he will knock off competitors from other schools that are thought to be legitimate contenders for the team title.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree that NS being a member of the RU team for the upcoming season "screws" PSU or will have a detrimental effect. Yes, NS will win his weight class in the duel meet but when it comes down to the BIG TEN and National championship team races he will knock off competitors from other schools that are thought to be legitimate contenders.
Maybe he meant our guy (Cortez) loses a year for transferring yet they give Nick a full release to wrestle his remaining 3 years of eligibility.

Yeah, if this is accurate, I'd be really interested in hearing the rationale too, but my guess is that we won't (officially anyway), especially if the basis has anything to do with Nick's medical situation and PSU's handing of it. But after giving this issue way too much thought and speculation, it would nice to know what the hell the B1G views as a valid basis.

As far as the result is concerned, I'll be happy for Nick if this turns out to be true. When disputes arise between students and the NCAA I have an easier time empathizing with the students. If the B1G didn't have this policy, I disagree that the floodgates would be open and wrestlers would be constantly swapping schools, because transferring is difficult enough and there are plenty of decent non-B1G wrestling school alternatives. And yeah, I do get that there are good reasons for a conference-protectionist policy like this and it's not cut and dried.

Last edited:
Reactions: demauroj
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT