ADVERTISEMENT

Lee and Teasdale

Making fun, or using the other side of the Teasdale debate?

Making fun (not of TomSC). Busiello could end up at 150 two years from now...which would mean he would need another faux PSU singlet for sure.

Last edited:
Busiello's win over eventual state champ Gentile was top notch, You could see how much stronger the senior was, but Busiello hung in there and won the bought. Penn State looking at a couple of sophs for 125 I believe.

well make no mistake if there's anyone on his radar it is PSU probably more so then ever now that Lee is headed else where

Busiello's win over eventual state champ Gentile was top notch, You could see how much stronger the senior was, but Busiello hung in there and won the bought. Penn State looking at a couple of sophs for 125 I believe.

That was a great SV win for Busiello. Gentile taking a hard look at Bloomsburg just as a side note. Kevan obviously will struggle needing to add lots of weight, but I kinda have a personal connection there. So proud of Kevan

Maybe a bit unfair to speculate on Busiello's future at his age, but he's lanky (and young) enough to where you have to figure he's not going to be 4x 125'er. He's dominating his class in folk but was recently very overmatched by a Russian in a FS tournament in upstate NY, so miles to go before he's in the same conversation as Teasdale.

I've read speculation that Cael may not have pursued Lee 100%. I HAVE NO INSIDE INFORMATION AND KNOW NOTHING TO SUGGEST THAT IT'S TRUE. That said, IF that happened, and I'm not saying it is, there is the possibility that Cael and coaches are also looking ahead at Busiello who is a FR and currently #1 at 106. He has often worn a PSU singlet when competing unattached. Since Lee and Teasdale were pretty much a package deal, and we already have Suriano (granted 3 years ahead of Busiello), it's possible that the coaches are thinking of their investment in those 2. For all I know Cael went on a full court press to get Lee and came up short. BUT, Busiello is just one year behind Teasdale and a top young talent who seems to have some PSU affinity. Congrats to Iowa on picking up to great talents. I'm confident that PSU has/will get our fair share of lightweight talent as well.

The only way Sanderson backed off Lee in any way is if it started to morph into a package deal with Teasdale. At that point, I could see it happening; and not that he wouldn't of been interested in Gavin, but not as a requirement of getting Lee. With Lee and Suriano, it would of been smart to see what size Teasdale was after his junior year. All speculation of course, but that's the only thing I can come up IF there was any truth to that.

Reactions: lionlover
Maybe a bit unfair to speculate on Busiello's future at his age, but he's lanky (and young) enough to where you have to figure he's not going to be 4x 125'er. He's dominating his class in folk but was recently very overmatched by a Russian in a FS tournament in upstate NY, so miles to go before he's in the same conversation as Teasdale.
That's silly talk that just because he lost to a world champion he '".he has miles to go before he's in the same conversation as Teasdale". Sure he got handled at 113 in Free Style to a world champ. Teasdale just lost to a world bronze medalist, doesn't mean he still isn't in the conversation.

Reactions: lionlover
The only way Sanderson backed off Lee in any way is if it started to morph into a package deal with Teasdale. At that point, I could see it happening; and not that he wouldn't of been interested in Gavin, but not as a requirement of getting Lee. With Lee and Suriano, it would of been smart to see what size Teasdale was after his junior year. All speculation of course, but that's the only thing I can come up IF there was any truth to that.

That was indeed what was reported (package deal) and the basis of my hypothesis involving Busiello that has no objective basis--just a construct in my mind!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT