ADVERTISEMENT

Lee vs. Yianni, round, uh...

I've found that if I don't anticipate every possible question and over-explain things to clients, I inevitably get questions, necessitating more emails = more hours = more money. So ironically, it's kinda the opposite.
I know somebody like that. Great guy and very intelligent. I remind him from time to time that others want to be part of the conversation he’s having with them.

Again, do concussion symptoms all just magically appear at the exact time of the concussion? Or, maybe, just maybe, hear me out here, because I'm not a doctor and just want to know, is it possible that symptoms get worse over time? Any doctors here? Or, anyone that slept in a Holiday Express last night?
I got a concussion about 20 years ago and from what I was told (I have a 40-50 min. time gap I don’t remember) the effects were immediate. Repeating a series of questions over and over and over and no short term memory.
And some symptoms develop over time as well.

GEEZ. Lots of discussion. Separate the facts from the conjecture.
Fact: Yianni hit his head and vas visibly affected. He rubbed his face, squinted etc. Fact: He was evaluated for a concussion. Fact: After the evaluation Yianni Got in and picked up Nick and drove him out of bounce. Fact: Yianni kept shooting and getting the hips and led 3-2 at the break: Fact: Yianni shot a couple more times early in the second period. Fact: At 2:32 mark of the second.......after going for a shot and getting sprawled out.....When Yianni tried to stand up he stumbled a bit. Was he tired? Dizzy? Both? We don't know for certain. Fact: The rest of the match Yianni looked spent and Nick dominated. Those are the facts we know. Everything else is conjecture. Why are we arguing about whose conjecture is right? That's like arguing over what card is going to be dealt next in Poker. Enjoy the matches and hope they are both healthy........and Nick wins :)

GEEZ. Lots of discussion. Separate the facts from the conjecture.
Fact: Yianni hit his head and vas visibly affected. He rubbed his face, squinted etc. Fact: He was evaluated for a concussion. Fact: After the evaluation Yianni Got in and picked up Nick and drove him out of bounce. Fact: Yianni kept shooting and getting the hips and led 3-2 at the break: Fact: Yianni shot a couple more times early in the second period. Fact: At 2:32 mark of the second.......after going for a shot and getting sprawled out.....When Yianni tried to stand up he stumbled a bit. Was he tired? Dizzy? Both? We don't know for certain. Fact: The rest of the match Yianni looked spent and Nick dominated. Those are the facts we know. Everything else is conjecture. Why are we arguing about whose conjecture is right? That's like arguing over what card is going to be dealt next in Poker. Enjoy the matches and hope they are both healthy........and Nick wins :)
That's what I was saying, it's impossible to know if he's concussed or gassed.

I didn't realize Elor was going down in weight, she still looks pretty good.

Looked like he was ok to continue but second by second his breathing increased and symptoms were evident something was wrong. Too bad as these two are a great watch.

I wonder why? lol
Congrats on your online medical degree.
Congrats Congratulations GIF by Sealed With A GIF

I wonder why? lol
I haven't seen it yet and am certainly open to Yanni having received a concussion. That aside there is no reason to believe or assert Yanni was going to beat Nick 2 out of 3, so I think it's time to give it a rest. He's now 0-4, and will obviously get another shot. PS: Nick is still getting better.

I haven't seen it yet and am certainly open to Yanni having received a concussion. That aside there is no reason to believe or assert Yanni was going to beat Nick 2 out of 3, so I think it's time to give it a rest. He's now 0-4, and will obviously get another shot. PS: Nick is still getting better.
sure, but nobody was saying that. we only said “wow, yianni looks concussed. they should probably stop this.” and that guy threw a hissy fit.

This is my problem. I've never said Nick wasn't better than Yianni, hah. All I did was comment that Yianni looked like he hurt himself. That's it!

Reactions: js8793
Exactly Goggles!!! Nick is still getting BETTER!! You can see how working with Zain, Gilman and Co. is benefitting Nick while Yanni is just stagnant. To be honest, Yanni was never a killa like DT, Zain, Nolf, Bo, Ruth, Cassar. You can easily get in his head and it showed in the trials for the last Olympics when he just got smoked off the mat and in the interviews you could see he was clearly beat mentally and seriously doubting his abilities. I don't see that changing in the future without a complete change of scenery. You know who I fear the most for Nick Lee in the future if his hip can hold up? Austin Gomez. That guy is a killa like Nick. The only thing stopping him has been his body giving out on him. When completely healthy he can be a real challenge for Nick.

If I was Daton Fix, I would pick up my Ok State undergraduate degree and make bee-line to PSU for a grad degree! He has the ability to be a world beater but he will never get there is he stays in Stillwater. Same with Yanni. There is a HUGE difference between Mike Grey and Cael Sanderson! Yanni has been in Ithaca for what 8 years now and nothing has changed. He is the same wrestler he has always been and Nick has cracked that code and is not looking back. It is like DeSanto and RBY, once RBY cracked the code DeSanto was finished, never to rise again! The only way Yanni will get to the next lvl in transferring to the NLWC. Only then, will he stand a chance against Nick Lee in the future.

LOL if Yanni is better and on another level why does Nick keep beating him?he seems to be regressing while Nick keeps getting better?

That's what I was saying, it's impossible to know if he's concussed or gassed.
As a casual observer of this thread with no skin in the game you certainly were not perceived saying this whether you think so or not. You appeared very defensive and confrontational as a small group tried to counterpoint you.

BTW Yannis style 'might' lend itself better to international freestyle than Nick's at the moment, but Nick just keeps chopping wood and carrying water.

I continue to assert our kids generally aren't really world medal capable until year three after the transition from Folk.

As for Yanni, he is legend and a 4xer, but if you are being honest the freshman/sophomore Yanni looked otherworldly and unbeatable. Jr and especially senior Yanni was simply not the same animal, and he won #4 by the skin of his teeth. I think the aura of a 4xer clouds the lens for some people when looking at the current product.

Reactions: PSU James
“Signs of a concussion may not appear for days or weeks after the injury“

I know all about concussions. I just got diagnosed with Post concussion syndrome.
It sucks. I got run over by pickup truck as a pedestrian Nov. 2, 2022. Still fighting vertigo and inner ear issues. If he's concussed the trainer needs to identify.

I know all about concussions. I just got diagnosed with Post concussion syndrome.
It sucks. I got run over by pickup truck as a pedestrian Nov. 2, 2022. Still fighting vertigo and inner ear issues. If he's concussed the trainer needs to identify.
for sure. This one looked different (to me)... as it got worse moment by moment. Please heal quick!

"I haven't seen it" The End

Last edited:
As a casual observer of this thread with no skin in the game you certainly were not perceived saying this whether you think so or not. You appeared very defensive and confrontational as a small group tried to counterpoint you.
I'm just sick of the excuses every time Nick beats him. Everybody jumps to the conclusion that Yianni can't possibly be right because he's SOOO much better than Lee and it gets old.

I'm just sick of the excuses every time Nick beats him. Everybody jumps to the conclusion that Yianni can't possibly be right because he's SOOO much better than Lee and it gets old.

But does it get RB-old? ;) :p

Reactions: RandyL
yeah we all jumped to conclusions this time. we didn’t watch him spike his head on the mat, take extended injury time, then completely crumble a minute later.

take the L

Reactions: psualt and tikk10
From now on, no matter how obvious an injury is, we'll all refrain from speculation on what the injury is, lest it give the appearance that it be seen as an excuse for the winning wrestler.
bart simpson GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT