ADVERTISEMENT

Malik McClain to Penn State

Hmmmm. How many times do you see a position coach get fired and recruiting for the position immediately seems to get better?
If one didn't know better it would point to a mini mutiny in that room.

Appears to be caught in a numbers game per multiple “internet coaches” on the FSU sites. No bashing, no bad hands comments, FSU has 3-4 WR clones just like him. Feeling is that he has a high ceiling and folks disappointed to see him go, all wishing him the best. Legit 4.5 40 speed.
Yeah FSU recruits WRs very well and he just got lost in the mix is my understanding.

I think the thing here is this: We already know what Dottin and Meiga bring to the table. Not much and probably an open door to the portal. Cephus and McClain are very interesting prospects because of their size and their potential. If these guys dtep up we may be able to shift KLS to PW spot in the slot and thus give us a great WR rotation.

I know y'all hate the name but IMO little Cliff gonna go off next year.

Here are my top WR next year: McClain, Cephus, KLS, Wallace, Cliff, Saunders. Omari Evans is a question mark to me. He got a lot of run early in the season but never got more, which you think he would.
I believe the staff is higher on Evans than you are. And I am. My memory of his 2022 is he blew by the secondary late in a game and Allar lobbed an easy TD to him. Other than that I have a hard time seeing why his redshirt was burned. Could have just as easy given the reps to Dottin or Meiga.

I also don't see Evans as a WR that will do well with contested catches. He's pretty small. And I agree that it would be great to see KLS in the slot. After this season it would seem that Sauders would compete for PT in the slot. Did Evans play in the slot this season?

I believe the staff is higher on Evans than you are. And I am. My memory of his 2022 is he blew by the secondary late in a game and Allar lobbed an easy TD to him. Other than that I have a hard time seeing why his redshirt was burned. Could have just as easy given the reps to Dottin or Meiga.

I also don't see Evans as a WR that will do well with contested catches. He's pretty small. And I agree that it would be great to see KLS in the slot. After this season it would seem that Sauders would compete for PT in the slot. Did Evans play in the slot this season?
Pretty sure Evans played on the outside.

Hmmmm. How many times do you see a position coach get fired and recruiting for the position immediately seems to get better?
I am not saying that is what happened, but I am saying it deserves to be talked about. Call it dumb luck, who knows.

I am not saying that is what happened, but I am saying it deserves to be talked about. Call it dumb luck, who knows.
it is probably pretty rare when a position coach remains in place throughout the 4/5 year college career of a player. They always tell recruits to select a program, not a coach.

PSU has one of the best-looking passing prospects in the nation in Drew Allar. PSU also has a good line coming back, the best Fr running back, a top-five freshman running back, great TEs, and a good defense with a long-tenured head coach who is well-liked.

I understand that it is unusual to have two kids commit to WR within days of the position coach being fired. But at the same time, I am not sure you can draw a straight line between Stubbs and these two WR prospects.

CJF had his reasons.

247 pretty reputable. I also heard it from a little birdie. But, I understand nothing is over till its over.
My take is that CJF wanted to give Speca his day and we'll hear something official tomorrow.
I'm excited with all the respect he's getting on twitter from FSU fans.

247 pretty reputable. I also heard it from a little birdie. But, I understand nothing is over till its over.
My take is that CJF wanted to give Speca his day and we'll hear something official tomorrow.
JF does like announcements one a day usually

Reactions: NedFromYork

"Heard it from a little birdie" LOL.......love some of these guys

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT