ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands/Soldier Salute

I was looking at the line-up for the Scuffle and Midlands. It appears Iowa State is entering both.

Unless they intend to send a partial team to the Scuffle, that seems a lot to ask.

I was looking at the line-up for the Scuffle and Midlands. It appears Iowa State is entering both.

Unless they intend to send a partial team to the Scuffle, that seems a lot to ask.
Iowa st starters will be at the Scuffle . They list that on the official schedule. I believe they're sending guys up the road to the Salute

I expect about 6-8 ISU guys at the scuffle. None of the banged up guys. I'm hoping Carr wrestles there.
I really enjoy your posts, James. ISU has quickly become my 2nd favorite team (after PSU, of course). David Carr is such a great kid and the whole team wrestles aggressively. Like Penn State, they all have different styles and Dresser has them competing really well. I think that they might be the best wrestling team in Iowa right now.

Thank you for the kind words Petch. Iowa is still a little better than us but we are closing the gap. PSU is still quite a bit ahead of us and that is a tough gap to ever close. I do think we can go toe to toe in a dual with most any team and have already faced the 2 best. We have duals with ASU and Mizzu looming and could win or loose either of those. We probably aren't a top 6 tournament team yet, but Rome wan't built in a day.

Thank you for the kind words Petch. Iowa is still a little better than us but we are closing the gap. PSU is still quite a bit ahead of us and that is a tough gap to ever close. I do think we can go toe to toe in a dual with most any team and have already faced the 2 best. We have duals with ASU and Mizzu looming and could win or loose either of those. We probably aren't a top 6 tournament team yet, but Rome wan't built in a day.
IDK — I think Top 6 is attainable if Carr does his thing, Bastida has himself a tournament, and Coleman can put together a consistent 3 days at his higher end. Add Swiderski punishing some dudes in the consis, Johnson continuing to show he belongs, plus a few points from each of Schuyler and Terukina, and I can’t imagine ISU is not at least sniffing podium.

They are there on paper, IMO — it will just come down to consistency for most of the names mentioned, as we all know how punishing those 3 days are.

Reactions: hlstone and Fatmarc
I hope you are right. I was told there would be three -four startrs not going at this point, but I like what you are hearing way better.

Is he the future at that weight ? Why not start him for just this tournament?
He was junior transfer from a NAIA school. I think he had 3 to wrestle 2 when he transferred in 2021-2022.

I forgot the whole fiasco but he apparently burned his redshirt at the Scuffle last year and was supposed to be wrestling duals but never did (Kemerer returned and didn't miss a single one) He's younger than Nelson but makes sense to hang onto his eligibility if you can.

Reactions: apoharrow
He was junior transfer from a NAIA school. I think he had 3 to wrestle 2 when he transferred in 2021-2022.

I forgot the whole fiasco but he apparently burned his redshirt at the Scuffle last year and was supposed to be wrestling duals but never did (Kemerer returned and didn't miss a single one) He's younger than Nelson but makes sense to hang onto his eligibility if you can.
Thanks

I still think Spencer also goes up to 133 to prove once and for all he's the gear.

In history others have moved weights to prove greatness, now is also a good time to prove his legacy.

No cyclones going to the Eastern Iowa event, so hopefully sending starters and backups to the scuffle. I will be surprised if Spencer wrestles. No way they want Drake Ayala all over those legs at this point.

Reactions: hlstone
First year tourneys don’t bring in top teams year one. Let’s give it a few years and see what happens.
Especially tournaments scheduled when the 2 most prestigious regular season tournaments take place. If you are going to wrestle your starters in a holiday tournament, I’d expect Midlands or the Scuffle to be the call. Iowa choosing this week either shows complete lack of awareness or intelligence on the Hobbits part. Take your pick. (I say both)

Especially tournaments scheduled when the 2 most prestigious regular season tournaments take place. If you are going to wrestle your starters in a holiday tournament, I’d expect Midlands or the Scuffle to be the call. Iowa choosing this week either shows complete lack of awareness or intelligence on the Hobbits part. Take your pick. (I say both)
Or maybe Midlands cancelling last year for no good reason when every other tournament went off without a hitch. Kind of screwed over those teams so they decided to start their own.

If you are mad at Midlands, you go to the other big tournament, the Scuffle. So please tell me, why are they mad at the Southern Scuffle?

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
If you are mad at Midlands, you go to the other big tournament, the Scuffle. So please tell me, why are they mad at the Southern Scuffle?
It seems to have been a thing for quite a few years. Iowa only wrestles the best competition when they think they can crush them. Their schedule always seems weak except for their dual schedule. I do not know if it is a constant attempt to build the guys confidence, or they think their room is good enough to build better wrestlers or what it is.
I do get the feeling that they want to promote the idea that they are invincible and do not want to take the chance of being shown to be mere mortals. Otherwise, they wrestle you guys and return the favor of you guys dealing them in Carver that one year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT