ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Minnesota transfer RB Trey Potts committed to PSU

It's just something you go "okay" and move on. If Potts plays a significant role this year that's not a good thing but it's better than what we had if needed if he has to.

I'm under no illusion that Potts is going to take snaps away from our 1a and 1b. I just think that if '20 repeated itself, Potts would be serviceable and wouldn't be a liability.

WR still? After 2 portal guys? Perhaps if the right one entered the portal, but who is still in it that would add value in your eyes?

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
I'm under no illusion that Potts is going to take snaps away from our 1a and 1b. I just think that if '20 repeated itself, Potts would be serviceable and wouldn't be a liability.

WR still? After 2 portal guys? Perhaps if the right one entered the portal, but who is still in it that would add value in your eyes?
I don't have the full list of who's in the portal but I don't feel comfortable with what we have. It's a position I believe we need to add competition too--RB wasn't

Reactions: lazydave841
How am I arguing both sides? I said "meh"--because that's what this is. Why are you pretending that statement isn't accurate? Is he going to play much barring injury? Is that a position of need?

Again, you can cheerlead all you want. I'm trying to talk football.

You're such a f'ing tool - now I'm "cheerleading" according to Mr. Put-upon Victim-boy troll. Gee, do tell what I said that qualifies as "cheerleading" - this should be good. [insert eyeroll]

This one is so typical of you douche: "I said "meh"--because that's what this is. Why are you pretending that statement isn't accurate?". First of all, your claim that your statements, and characterizations, are "facts" simply because you utter them from your silly mouth is the most childish form of "debate" and "argumentation" known to man. Beyond all that show me one word I've written that even remotely qualifies as me "pretending" shit about your nonsensical ramblings douche-boy troll?

I didn't say bad. I said "meh". It's neither good nor bad. Same as adding depth in the NFL. It has minimal if any impact. Meh.
It’s good…it can’t be anything by good. Getting an experienced running back who’s willing to be third string is good regardless of how you want to negatively spin it (as usual). It’s not like anyone’s going to get Saquon Barkley to come be a third stringer.

It’s good…it can’t be anything by good. Getting an experienced running back who’s willing to be third string is good regardless of how you want to negatively spin it (as usual). It’s not like anyone’s going to get Saquon Barkley to come be a third stringer.
There's no negative spin. It's not a good or bad addition. It's depth.
I don't think we needed to add a back. I'd have been fine with a true fresh (Montgomery) as the third back

I like the signings of Duck, McClain and Cephas. I'm not sure why accepting something as not a big deal is negative. Where's the spin?

Do you truly think an experienced back to be your third back is important?

You're such a f'ing tool - now I'm "cheerleading" according to Mr. Put-upon Victim-boy troll. Gee, do tell what I said that qualifies as "cheerleading" - this should be good. [insert eyeroll]

This one is so typical of you douche: "I said "meh"--because that's what this is. Why are you pretending that statement isn't accurate?". First of all, your claim that your statements, and characterizations, are "facts" simply because you utter them from your silly mouth is the most childish form of "debate" and "argumentation" known to man. Beyond all that show me one word I've written that even remotely qualifies as me "pretending" shit about your nonsensical ramblings douche-boy troll?
Yeah, you're pretty much always cheerleading and being upset by me not pretending his is a big deal proves that.

Again, I said "meh" and it turned into this because you're all so worried about what I think. If you think I'm a douche then ignore me but you're angry because you know this isn't a big deal and you're mad I admit that.

Yeah, you're pretty much always cheerleading and being upset by me not pretending his is a big deal proves that.

Again, I said "meh" and it turned into this because you're all so worried about what I think. If you think I'm a douche then ignore me but you're angry because you know this isn't a big deal and you're mad I admit that.

"......you're angry because you know this isn't a big deal and you're mad I admit that.". Good Lord you're such a f'ing imbecile clown - now I'm "angry" because I know that this isn't a big deal (whatever the hell this nonsensical, utterly ludicrous statement means) and I'm mad you "admit that"????? Having a conversation with yourself speaking for both of us again....... such a pathetic little moron.

"......you're angry because you know this isn't a big deal and you're mad I admit that.". Good Lord you're such a f'ing imbecile clown - now I'm "angry" because I know that this isn't a big deal (whatever the hell this nonsensical, utterly ludicrous statement means) and I'm mad you "admit that"????? Having a conversation with yourself speaking for both of us again....... such a pathetic little moron.
It's not--you want everyone here to simply celebrate everything we do. You get upset any time anyone doesn't pretend everything is perfect. Read any post you have.

Again, I said "meh" and that somehow upset you. But, yes, criticize me and pretend I'm the moron.

There's no negative spin. It's not a good or bad addition. It's depth.
I don't think we needed to add a back. I'd have been fine with a true fresh (Montgomery) as the third back

I like the signings of Duck, McClain and Cephas. I'm not sure why accepting something as not a big deal is negative. Where's the spin?

Do you truly think an experienced back to be your third back is important?
Yea I do and apparently so does Franklin…you know, a guy that knows 100 times more about football than you’ll ever know.

Yea I do and apparently so does Franklin…you know, a guy that knows 100 times more about football than you’ll ever know.
Yes, I forgot coaches are always right. All coaches--no one can ever question their decisions. My bad.

It's not--you want everyone here to simply celebrate everything we do. You get upset any time anyone doesn't pretend everything is perfect. Read any post you have.

Again, I said "meh" and that somehow upset you. But, yes, criticize me and pretend I'm the moron.

"We" LMAO..... You're such a pathetic little dumbass troll.

I want everyone to celebrate everything "we" do???? More of your gibberish about bullshit I've never said a word about. Keep having your conversations with yourself butthead troll-boy.

"We" LMAO..... You're such a pathetic little dumbass troll.

I want everyone to celebrate everything "we" do???? More of your gibberish about bullshit I've never said a word about. Keep having your conversations with yourself butthead troll-boy.
How am I having a conversation with myself when you continue to respond?

Reactions: Ski
You responded so apparently you do
I think meh sums it up...it won't help us much but us decent depth...meh
We have much bigger needs for the portal as you know
I didn’t care what you thought it was just a stupid worthless comment you made - don’t confuse mockery for caring.

I didn’t care what you thought it was just a stupid worthless comment you made - don’t confuse mockery for caring.
If you respond even to mock it means you care. Pretending otherwise is nonsense. Again, the comment was accurate no matter how upset you are by it.

If you respond even to mock it means you care. Pretending otherwise is nonsense. Again, the comment was accurate no matter how upset you are by it.
Actually no. It means I am entertaining myself by getting Pavlov’s Dog to respond to every post I make.

Nice write up from the Wmspt Sun Gazette, Trey's hometown paper about his transfer. PSU really pursued him.

You are wrong ass hat. No one in their right mind would be comfortable with Montgomery should 1a and 1b get hurt early. Potts is decent and experienced. Gives PSU depth, experience and time with Montgomery. It is not a meh move. It is a good move. You don't get to create reality because you say so. You are like the crazy ass media who literally creates their own reality.

"Never let the facts get in the way of a good story."

Reactions: bison13
Yes, I forgot coaches are always right. All coaches--no one can ever question their decisions. My bad.
If given a choice to listen to someone talk about football, I think I would take any coach’s word over yours…they’re all far more qualified than you (except in your fantasy world).

I didn't say bad. I said "meh". It's neither good nor bad. Same as adding Meh.
And that’s the problem. Look it’s not at this point in time a significant game changing addition. He was added as depth insurance. Everyone with a semblance of a brain knows it. That’s all you had to say, but intended or not it came across as a dig at the kid. And suddenly you’re upset and whining that people take issue with your poorly worded comment. The bottom line is. If you can’t say something, anything positive about young men when they decide to play football at PSU don’t say anything.

Reactions: bison13
And that’s the problem. Look it’s not at this point in time a significant game changing addition. He was added as depth insurance. Everyone with a semblance of a brain knows it. That’s all you had to say, but intended or not it came across as a dig at the kid. And suddenly you’re upset and whining that people take issue with your poorly worded comment. The bottom line is. If you can’t say something, anything positive about young men when they decide to play football at PSU don’t say anything.

Sound advice but wasted on this guy as he's a troll.

You are wrong ass hat. No one in their right mind would be comfortable with Montgomery should 1a and 1b get hurt early. Potts is decent and experienced. Gives PSU depth, experience and time with Montgomery. It is not a meh move. It is a good move. You don't get to create reality because you say so. You are like the crazy ass media who literally creates their own reality.

"Never let the facts get in the way of a good story."
You lost your argument at "decent". Guess we shouldn't have played our current backs last year since they lacked experience. It's a meh move regardless of your spin. And I'm not the one creating my own reality--this board does with many things--starting with their obsession with bowl games.

How is "meh" a ding at the kid. Potts didn't come here to be a star. He knows what his role is.

We can absolutely say negative things about them as players. What logic is it that we can't. Playing a Penn State (or signing with Penn State) doesn't mean you're good.

You lost your argument at "decent". Guess we shouldn't have played our current backs last year since they lacked experience. It's a meh move regardless of your spin. And I'm not the one creating my own reality--this board does with many things--starting with their obsession with bowl games.
There you go again acting as if your opinion is fact. You’re entitled to your opinion, but please realize that it is just your opinion.

He has had injuries. Has not lasted more than 5 games as a starter.
Yeah given the injuries it might be ideal for him to come to a place and show what he can with 40 or 50 carries and not get worn down.

I didn’t…I said in countless posts that it’s my opinion. You post as if you are the be all and end all of football knowledge.
Saying "my opinion" while acting like others is wrong isn't different than what I do. Just like those that falsely believe they know how a Penn State fan must act to be a fan.

Saying "my opinion" while acting like others is wrong isn't different than what I do. Just like those that falsely believe they know how a Penn State fan must act to be a fan.
It’s way different than what you do, but I wouldn’t expect a narcissist to see that.

I didn’t…I said in countless posts that it’s my opinion. You post as if you are the be all and end all of football knowledge.

He's falsely stated multiple times that I have overstated the significance of this event.... and I'm mad at him because he won't agree it's significant.... - despite the fact I have not said a word regarding this topic in this thread (IOW, he creates his own arguments and then talks for both parties... a conversation with his nutjob self). The only opinions I've expressed in this thread is that dipwad is a troll and an a-hole - and both of those opinions are actually facts.

Reactions: AWS1022
He's falsely stated multiple times that I have overstated the significance of this event.... and I'm mad at him because he won't agree it's significant.... - despite the fact I have not said a word regarding this topic in this thread (IOW, he creates his own arguments and then talks for both parties... a conversation with his nutjob self). The only opinions I've expressed in this thread is that dipwad is a troll and an a-hole - and both of those opinions are actually facts.
Was this signing impactful?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT