ADVERTISEMENT

Move Wallace to DT...

I know this was a joke thread but if anything and no DT come via portal then move Wallace to G (a more natural position for him according g to some) and move Vega to DT.

I say we move the king brothers to DT as a single player (tie them together like in a 3 legged race) because their combined weight would be tough to move.

Guys all of the suggestions are just ridiculous. Please stop.
It’s a message board you dolt. Suggestions are 90% of it. Of course you are one of the MANY on here that can’t read what thread you are ****ing entering and this just like to bitch.

Reactions: Psugo823
It’s a message board you dolt. Suggestions are 90% of it. Of course you are one of the MANY on here that can’t read what thread you are ****ing entering and this just like to bitch.
No need to get upset. All of the suggestions were ridiculous. We finally have what appears to be a road grader true freshman OL and I didn't think you were actually being serious about changing his position and setting back his development. I thought your suggestion was satire and continued extrapolating.

No need to get upset. All of the suggestions were ridiculous. We finally have what appears to be a road grader true freshman OL and I didn't think you were actually being serious about changing his position and setting back his development. I thought your suggestion was satire and continued extrapolating.
Just a pet peeve of mine. Sorry.

No I was being serious because I’ve seen it talked about elsewhere because apparently the kid was good on both sides of ball. A road grader on offense line is usually a sign for the DT as well. Thorpe would have been an excellent dt if here were not insane. Wallace was an original projection at G because he had the same road header mentality. Now that olu is back, shlelton xan bump to rt which leaves a very good option for Wallace. Especially if Effner returns as well.

Effner was a great help this year. Effner would be welcomed back next year, but I hope that he does not see the field as an OT. If he can come in as a 3rd TE or perhaps a G as a back up......

Effner is a solid backup. He can start vs basically everyone we play and not be a complete liability. He just doesn't have it vs Michigan and OSU.

Wallace was a bright spot towards the end of '20, but the whole line was weak on a snake bitten team. The move to RT didn't work out. He's probably a similar liability as Effner. Both are better at run blocking.

Both are guys you need as depth, but I'd much rather they be 2nd string in '23 than true freshman.

With the portal being what it is...speculation on a 2023 starting five is tricky...

But Fashanu-Tengwell-Scruggs-Wormley-Shelton (with Norzad, Wallace, Nelson, Christ as backups) might be our best two-deep on OL in a LONG time.

With the portal being what it is...speculation on a 2023 starting five is tricky...

But Fashanu-Tengwell-Scruggs-Wormley-Shelton (with Norzad, Wallace, Nelson, Christ as backups) might be our best two-deep on OL in a LONG time.
This

Vega will be tough to keep off the field IMO. Underrated, strong, plays mean. One more injury and we likely burned his shirt.

I was thinking Nourzad would be center if Scruggs leaves have Wallace and Wormley at guard and Tengwell and Fashanu at tackle or just rotate Wallace at guard if Scruggs comes back. Just an opinion from an armchair qb.

Reactions: Psugo823
Wallace should move inside to RG. I think our best lineup left to right is Olu, Teng, Scruggs, Wallace and Shelton. The past 2 years Wallace just seemed to heavy and slow footed to play OT. Body shape screams G not T.

Wallace should move inside to RG. I think our best lineup left to right is Olu, Teng, Scruggs, Wallace and Shelton. The past 2 years Wallace just seemed to heavy and slow footed to play OT. Body shape screams G not T.
You might remember this, because I don't, but was he always projected as an OT? I thought for sure that I read he was a projected inside guy when we got him.

Pretty sure he was recruited as a G, but moved to T due to lack of suitable Ts and has remained there.

Pretty sure he was recruited as a G, but moved to T due to lack of suitable Ts and has remained there.
I thought I remembered them talking about him being the road grader we really needed.

By the way, did you see last week the graphic that says both Will Fries and Ryan Bates are doing really well since they moved inside.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Hard to blame Wallace for his play. This one is on the coaching staff. He’s NOT an OT. He could be a very very good guard. But he’s not a tackle…

Reactions: psuno1
Hard to blame Wallace for his play. This one is on the coaching staff. He’s NOT an OT. He could be a very very good guard. But he’s not a tackle…
Seems to me if Effner comes back they could slide Wallace inside.

OT:
Olu
Shelton
Effner
Portal

G/C:
Tengwell
Nourzad
Laone
Wallace
Wormley
Nelson

Reactions: tlbakernc
Wouldn't surprise me if we see Nelson practicing at OT this Spring even if Effner comes back in order to have a true 2 deep at OT. Nelson played pretty well at Guard but even if Scruggs doesn't return, which I hoping he does come back, there are plenty of talented inside players on the roster. Wormley will have to continue to improve to hold of Loane for the starting RG spot, and Williams may be the most ready to play olinemen as a true freshman that PSU has ever recruited.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me if we see Nelson practicing at OT this Spring even if Effner comes back in order to have a true 2 deep at OT. Nelson played pretty well at Guard but even if Scruggs doesn't return, which I hoping he does come back, there are plenty of talented inside players on the roster. Wormley will have to continue to improve to hold of Loane for the starting RG spot, and Williams may be the most ready to play olinemen as a true freshman PSU has ever recruited.
Jimmy Christ?

Jimmy Christ?
Christ seems to be sort of an unknown to me. It seems he got into some games this season, but when there are healthy bodies at OT JC seems to always be at the bottom of the list. JC in his 3rd year in 2022 seems to at least gotten on the field. But will Williams, if he enrolls early and starts out at OT depending on the numbers inside, pass JC by the end of Spring practice? Or will JC take a big step this off season and pass up Effner (if he returns) or Wallace as the backup to Olu or Shelton if in deed Shelton moves right to start? Lots to shake out this Spring, even more so if Trautwein brings in a transfer or JC player for January enrollment. What about Traore who reportedly in now healthy for the first time in over a season and has played OT? And then will the team lose any olinemen to the portal among players that haven't been on the field much such as Achumba or Christ or .... ? Just too many possible moving parts to surmise what will happen between now and the end of Spring practice.

Last edited:
IRT Wallace - inside or on defense - if he wants either. He's sucked it up for us so far. So ... I think as long as we have someone (or others) to move to RT he should move to where he wants and/or is best suited.

IRT defensive tackle options ... DDS gets any bigger and he'd be a good option. He's one big strong lad.

IRT Wallace - inside or on defense - if he wants either. He's sucked it up for us so far. So ... I think as long as we have someone (or others) to move to RT he should move to where he wants and/or is best suited.

IRT defensive tackle options ... DDS gets any bigger and he'd be a good option. He's one big strong lad.
I want 25 lbs for Tarburton and to finish his career on the inside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT