ADVERTISEMENT

My God Tennessee, what happened?

They probably thought they were going to take the high road and not ice the Georgia State kicker near the end of the game. I never cared much for that program and am happy to see them continue to flounder.

Tennessee and their fans are reaping what they’ve sown. Karma.

Didn’t Bob Shoop leave for the Tennessee job because his wife missed living there?

Wonder how she’s enjoying Starkville. Of course, if the MSU defense continues to perform like they did against the Ragin Cajuns, she probably won’t have to worry about it.

Last edited:
In a way, I almost felt sorry for Tennessee fans... But then you realize it's as much their fan's fault as it is their inept administration. And obviously the recent drama between our program and theirs makes me love their slide into irrelevancy. What an embarrassment Tennessee has become to college football. In what other conference to you see a perennial power who ranks 10th in wins (838), 10th in drafted players (346) 12th in weeks ranked in the AP Poll (582) and finally, 13th most All-Americans (40) fall so completely off the map?

Shouldn't Manning shuffle his retired ass down to Knoxville and stir things up? Where's the sense of pride? ... GA State's coach said they won simply because they were in much better shape.... What a joke Tennessee has become.

The quotes from USA today are dagger driving, and couldn't be any more accurate. Man, we thought the "dark years" were bad...

f1e77b3e345fd9c85d51dd3841058c69.jpg

No wonder USA today had a field day....

"After all, hadn’t the Vols already sunk as low as they could go this past decade? Hadn’t Vol fans stepped up on that fateful Sunday in late November 2017 and declared themselves the true saviors of the program, canceling the hire of Greg Schiano and eventually running athletics director John Currie out of town so that championship-winning coach Phil Fulmer could ride in and restore the Big Orange glory of two decades ago? With Saint Phil and his hand-picked coach Jeremy Pruitt now in charge, wasn’t it about to feel like 1998 all over again in Knoxville?"

The Vols have been bad before, suffered losses to lesser programs that would drive fans crazy. It’s what happens when you get left at the alter by Lane Kiffin, hire an unproven coach in Derek Dooley who was way over his head in the SEC, then go all-in with to Butch Jones, whose good qualities as a college coach were undercut by his paranoia and inability to deal with the pressure of a highly-scrutinized job.

And then in this article too:

1. It's the worst loss in Tennessee history. Bar none, not up for debate. And for a program that has spent the last decade soiling itself in every way possible, that’s a pretty remarkable thing to say.

2. The Vols' defensive line got manhandled by a Sun Belt team and gave up 213 rushing yards to the Panthers, who were able to move the chains pretty much any time they really needed to. Tennessee's defense looked soft and physically out of shape and got gashed over and over again when it was time to get off the field. Seriously, what were those guys doing all summer?

3. Quarterback Jarrett Guarantano threw for 311 yards on 26-of-40 passing but didn’t really pass the eye test. He was too slow to process things from the pocket and didn’t handle pressure well when Georgia State blitzed. Also, Tennessee ran it just 31 times for 93 yards, which is just very poor against a Sun Belt team that should be physically overmatched.

4. Jim Chaney left Georgia to become the Vols’ offensive coordinator this year. Though many of the Vols’ problems were on defense, this wasn’t a confidence-inspiring debut.

And then my favorite part of all of it...

This Gem:
5. And not to kick Tennessee fans when they’re down, but maybe that whole thing about vetoing a coaching hire by Twitter mob and running a competent athletic director out of town wasn’t the best idea? Maybe Jeremy Pruitt will eventually prove himself up to the job, but you don’t get forever in the SEC to turn things around, especially when you squander your political capital on losses to the likes of Georgia State. This is the Phil Fulmer show now, which is what the Vol Nation wanted. Be careful what you wish for?
Who will Clay Travis hire next?

Exodus may be starting . . .

WR Murphy, DB Bailey bolt from Tennessee

Reserve wide receiver Jordan Murphy and defensive back Terrell Bailey have left Tennessee's program.

Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt said Wednesday during the Southeastern Conference coaches' teleconference that both players had chosen to leave the program.

Neither Bailey nor Murphy played Saturday in a 38-30 season-opening loss to 26-point underdog Georgia State. Pruitt said Monday that Murphy had been sick over the last week.

Earlier this week, Murphy's Twitter account retweeted a tweet poking fun at how Georgia State upset Tennessee and received $950,000 to play in the game. The retweet was later deleted.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27536713/wr-murphy-db-bailey-bolt-tennessee

I took a bus to the 1993 Outback Bowl from the Peabody hotel.I was in my early 20's and with my dad,when a mid 60's woman in UT gear told us we were f*cking retarded for going to Penn State.

If I am, it’s not because I went to Penn state.

I took a bus to the 1993 Outback Bowl from the Peabody hotel.I was in my early 20's and with my dad,when a mid 60's woman in UT gear told us we were f*cking retarded for going to Penn State.

Reactions: loosey goosey

My wife and I went to the Pinstripe Bowl a few years ago against Boston College. Walking through Penn Station on the way to the game, a young woman walking by yelled, “F*ck Penn State!” at me. I yelled back, “Damn straight!” and kept on walking.

My wife and I went to the Pinstripe Bowl a few years ago against Boston College. Walking through Penn Station on the way to the game, a young woman walking by yelled, “F*ck Penn State!” at me. I yelled back, “Damn straight!” and kept on walking.

This feels like a disturbance in the Force.

They have Chattanooga next week. Then st Florida home against UGa and Miss St. Then Bama.

The best they can hope for is 2-4 before Bama. But probably 1-5. God help Clay Travis if they are 0-6.

Last edited:
I saw the Vols live during that Outback Bowl a few years ago. There were a few fans sitting in front of me. I screamed into their ears until they left in the 3rd quarter.
I am not prone to settle matters physically, but I can assure you, had you done that to me and my family, you would not be "screaming into anyone's ears" for quite some time.

Reactions: stormingnorm

That is regional behavior.... Passed down from generation to generation in many cases. Too bad the minority of meth heads is so damn vocal and loud.

"My God Tennessee, what has become of you?!" is not unlike the old SNL Star Trek Restaurant bit when Khan/Carvey says to fat Sulu "My God Sulu how could you let yourself go like this?!"

Last edited:
I am not prone to settle matters physically, but I can assure you, had you done that to me and my family, you would not be "screaming into anyone's ears" for quite some time.

Good for you tough guy. I was just sitting behind them cheering for my team. That's what we do as Penn State fans, MORON.

3 different PSU fans have called me, another PSU fan, out over cheering for my team, and all 3 of them can kiss my ass, especially you tough guy.

Good for you tough guy. I was just sitting behind them cheering for my team. That's what we do as Penn State fans, MORON.

3 different PSU fans have called me, another PSU fan, out over cheering for my team, and all 3 of them can kiss my ass, especially you tough guy.

"Cheering for my team" and "scream[ing] into their ears" are entirely different things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT