ADVERTISEMENT

My God Tennessee, what happened?

Ok... Now that was funny. All board regulars know not to poke at Rip on a Saturday night. He's already on his second six pack of Bartles & James by now

Who drinks that crap?

Johnny Walker Green
Something Good about Tennessee is Gentleman Jack... Jack Daniels cannot sell their products in the county n which they produce them. Yep... that's (Tenner-see)

I love Jack Daniels Christmas Calendars..... every year they rip the county they are located in those calendars, sometimes subtle.... sometimes not subtle at all.

Yet feeling this way, you choose to live there.

That indicates that you are a special kind of idiot, no?

Enjoy your bitter miserable life.

Once again a baseless knee jerk reaction from someone with limited reading comprehension. I have a great relationship with the state and state officials, Our business has brought state auditors to the towns and counties that are run by thugs and contrary to state laws governing their incorporation status. We have helped make change here. There is a hell of a way to go. but we are making progress. There is still so much Good Old Boy fraud to clean up.... but TBI and the lawyers for the state step in when called. It has been too much work and I caution all who come here to do business to be prepared.

There is a lot more to that story. One, it’s been on the books for a long time and is not something new. Two, as for Forrest, we was one of the first to call for conciliation and racial fairness later in his life and reached out to the black community. Three, he was an incredible brave soldier defending his home from invasion.

Reactions: Carl Spackler
Once again a baseless knee jerk reaction from someone with limited reading comprehension. I have a great relationship with the state and state officials, Our business has brought state auditors to the towns and counties that are run by thugs and contrary to state laws governing their incorporation status. We have helped make change here. There is a hell of a way to go. but we are making progress. There is still so much Good Old Boy fraud to clean up.... but TBI and the lawyers for the state step in when called. It has been too much work and I caution all who come here to do business to be prepared.
Why, as a self-acknowledged Yankee, are you attempting to “change things” in an area in which you, and your views, might not be welcome?

There is a lot more to that story. One, it’s been on the books for a long time and is not something new. Two, as for Forrest, we was one of the first to call for conciliation and racial fairness later in his life and reached out to the black community. Three, he was an incredible brave soldier defending his home from invasion.
Didn’t think I’d see an impassioned defense of the founder of the kkk today.

But you do you

Forrest remains 0-1 in wars

In Rip's defense, take a drive from Greenville SC to Knoxville. It's like a time warp back to the age of the great depression.
Made it many times.

Never had to pay the states I went through a penny to drive on their roads. Stopped and bought liquor a few times from a private store, not a state monopoly liquor outlet.

I guess that lack of modern progress appeals to me.

But they hired him as AD.

I'm not sure how that will work out. Coincidentally, the SECs rise went on without UT contributing much to it after being the perennial #2 school behind Florida throughout the 90s (save for one year, but hey, he made it count!).

Maybe he will have the patience to let Pruitt build them back because they are obviously way down right now. His lack of HC experience is always a flag for me, but everybody wants to hire the "hot guy" and not be remembered as missing out.

You are correct, he is a smart, loud lunatic that should have been ignored by leaders of courage and conviction. He was Phil Fulmer's (now there is the name of a winner) hit man.
He’s perhaps the top sports media opinion guy in the world. Haters gonna hate. #dbap

Greg Schiano would have vastly improved Tennessee on both sides of ball. He’s an excellent recruiter and with SEC talent in a season or two he would have pulled off some big upsets and that includes beating Georgia and Florida. That smear campaign not only went too far, it was vicious and nasty.
I agree with you RU, the whole Tennessee crap that came down wrt Schiano
really sickened me. Schiano would have been a great hire for those ridge walkers.

a glut of Nazis and KKK and fascist Frauds and Phucks.... defines Tennessee.

That's a horrible stereotype. If you are stereotyping TN .... have you ever driven thru rural parts of PA with a set of open eyes???

I hate Teen football. I live in Atlanta and I hate TN football more than any other SE program. IMO, the TN fans are the biggest bunch of a-holes in the entire SEC........ but that's still a horrible and bigoted stereotype.

Could not happen to a nicer bunch. They were brutal on this site when they poached Shoop for those that remember. Downright vile to us.

I 100% agree. I've lived in Atlanta --- heart of SEC country --- since 1992. I can honestly and 100% say that the absolute worst SEC fans belong to TN. They are obnoxious, delusional, crass, rude, arrogant...... and for no reason.

They are 1 school that I really pull against no matter who the opponent. I don't particularly like Georgia or Florida or Auburn .... but the they play Tennis, I become huge fans of their programs.

In Rip's defense, take a drive from Greenville SC to Knoxville. It's like a time warp back to the age of the great depression.

OK. Then you take a drive from Erie down to Pittsburgh. Or take a drive from Reading up thru the coal mountains up Rte 61. Or how about take a drive from Scranton over to Altoona........

Reactions: Mudge1026
OK. Then you take a drive from Erie down to Pittsburgh. Or take a drive from Reading up thru the coal mountains up Rte 61. Or how about take a drive from Scranton over to Altoona........

Hey, take it easy on “Route 61 and the Coal Mountains” — I live two blocks from 61 And a Coal Mountain

Reactions: PearlandLion
I honorably served in the U. S. Navy so talk about you doubling down on stupid.
You have my respect for your service, then.

Your role as spelling Nazi - when you should know better, not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT