ADVERTISEMENT

My OSU friend says Penn State makes the playoff...

Work colleague/friend, know him for 10+ yrs, great guy (despite the OSU background).

He honestly and somewhat sheepishly admitted that PSU should have won the game Saturday night and, by the "eye-test" was every bit the equal of Ohio St. He pointed to several plays (Miles NOT fumbling, Young NOT batting down that 4th and 1 ball, Hip making the catch that would have been a 1st down w/about 4 mins left, etc) that, had they gone PSU's way, would almost certainly have meant victory for the Lions.

He also expects PSU to make the playoff. All it will take is 1) PSU winning out, which is not a stretch by any means and 2) some teams ranked ahead of us losing. Looking at the teams ranked ahead of PSU right now, I think he's right. As Inigo Montoya would say, let me splane:

Very good bet that Bama/Georgia/LSU/Auburn cannibalize themselves, with only Bama undefeated at seasons end-they're in. OSU is not losing again-they're in. Clemson needs to lose and I think they will; they certainly didn't look that great against Syracuse (forgot the QB situation, their D was nothing special). ND needs to lose but that probably won't happen, they're in. OU needs to lose and there is a good chance that happens as they barely beat Army and still need to play Texas/TCU/OK St/WVU. WVU will lose a game somewhere along the line. PSU winning out means they jump Washington given the fact that PSU, if they win out, will have several wins against ranked teams and far and away the best loss in the country.

So, the playoff teams are - Bama, OSU, ND and Penn State - mark it down, its happening.
:)
2nd step complete - LSU loses to Florida. 2 of the 10 teams ranked ahead of PSU lose today. Just win baby.

2nd step complete - LSU loses to Florida. 2 of the 10 teams ranked ahead of PSU lose today. Just win baby.
LSU will drop from 5 to 6 and be replaced by UF at #5; OU will drop to #9; UT move up to #10. In two weeks, SEC will have six teams in top 10.

I think Penn State will be fine at home the rest of the year. Indiana on the road will be a test just because it will be one of those sleepy Midwest noon games. Michigan will be very difficult to beat at their place this year. Their D will be tough to score on. Hoping we have some players get better over the next few Weeks

Michigan will be very difficult to beat at their place this year. Their D will be tough to score on.

If we have a lot of trouble with Michigan, look out. They could be trouble for the Buckeyes as well. Be interesting if they both enter that game undefeated in conference play...

Which is why we are in the CFP if we win out. Tall order but the rewards are there for the taking.

Beating Wisconsin at home will look good but it will not be difficult. I'd be shocked is PSU loses that one. At Michigan will be very difficult and likely very close

Work colleague/friend, know him for 10+ yrs, great guy (despite the OSU background).

He honestly and somewhat sheepishly admitted that PSU should have won the game Saturday night and, by the "eye-test" was every bit the equal of Ohio St. He pointed to several plays (Miles NOT fumbling, Young NOT batting down that 4th and 1 ball, Hip making the catch that would have been a 1st down w/about 4 mins left, etc) that, had they gone PSU's way, would almost certainly have meant victory for the Lions.

He also expects PSU to make the playoff. All it will take is 1) PSU winning out, which is not a stretch by any means and 2) some teams ranked ahead of us losing. Looking at the teams ranked ahead of PSU right now, I think he's right. As Inigo Montoya would say, let me splane:

Very good bet that Bama/Georgia/LSU/Auburn cannibalize themselves, with only Bama undefeated at seasons end-they're in. OSU is not losing again-they're in. Clemson needs to lose and I think they will; they certainly didn't look that great against Syracuse (forgot the QB situation, their D was nothing special). ND needs to lose but that probably won't happen, they're in. OU needs to lose and there is a good chance that happens as they barely beat Army and still need to play Texas/TCU/OK St/WVU. WVU will lose a game somewhere along the line. PSU winning out means they jump Washington given the fact that PSU, if they win out, will have several wins against ranked teams and far and away the best loss in the country.

So, the playoff teams are - Bama, OSU, ND and Penn State - mark it down, its happening.
:)
Sorry, missed step 3 - Auburn loses (thanks JoMo). That makes 3 teams ranked above PSU that lose this weekend. Also, mark it down now, ND will lose at least one regular season game.

If we have a lot of trouble with Michigan, look out. They could be trouble for the Buckeyes as well. Be interesting if they both enter that game undefeated in conference play...

Won’t be interesting to many here if UM enters that game undefeated in conference de.

Reactions: Shadow99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT