ADVERTISEMENT

not so fast

He claims he got it off the boards -- which means his "scoops" are rumors he doesn't bother to verify. And he steals content from the boards and passes it off as his own, as if he has some kind of inside knowledge or did any actual work.

Also note the non-apology apology -- he didn't merely post it on his private board, he tweeted it out.

Fake all the way around.

So.....post rumors as fact......bragging excessively about "Scooping FLO" while trashing the site that agreed to sit on the information out of respect for the athlete and family. Then invite a C-Jerk of his followers to trash FLO and continuing to brag about what you did.....basking in your self aggrandizement. Then after getting blasted by people with human standards....post an "apology" with excuses that aren't true. Pretty Pathetic Role Model...……..#DaddywhyareyousuchanAhole

I'm not sure why I suddenly am wasting time on this guy--but it seems like he doesn't understand how twitter works--he keeps talking about his private account. Someone buy that dude a pen and notebook.

I'm taking a lesson from this episode. As a fan, I get excited about news I hear, and want to share it with folks. But it is a good thing to consider other perspectives before doing so. Journalism is dead, and yet we are all journalists now. Guess we might as well develop a code.

Last edited:
Class and character. Two traits that have changed dramatically over the decades.

Recruits and their families should have total say in releasing info, though that's difficult in today's world. Social media is a factor.

Then there's the high profile sports where recruiting is so real-time, it seems the public knows before any family release.

Without knowing all the facts with Beau, it appears some individuals jumped the gun. I'm sure there's more to this story.

Meh. It’s 2019. We know people signing in all sports , collegiate or professional prior to announcements. Like the old “the X are expected to hire “x” as coach. News conference at 11am”.

It’s todays media day and age. Get with it or sit behind and bitch and moan.

Sorry, I don't buy it. You're suggesting that, because we have the technology, it's okay to steal a kid's thunder.

I'm not sure why I suddenly am wasting time on this guy--but it seems like he doesn't understand how twitter works--he keeps talking about his private account. Someone buy that dude a pen and notebook.

I'm taking a lesson from this episode. As a fan, I get excited about news I hear, and want to share it with folks. But it is a good thing to consider other perspectives before doing so. Journalism is dead, and yet we are all journalists now. Guess we might as well develop a code.
He knows full well how Twitter works.

He got busted and is playing dumb to weasel out of it.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
A few years ago Nomad was going to be breaking the Gavin Hoffman announcement to OSU, I’m in no way connected but know someone who is, he told me OSU it’s done. I asked Nomad and he wouldn’t even confirm that to me when I told him who told me and when, so they keep a tight ship even when the info is leaking out a few hours early.

Nothing else really to add there but ohh well.

Hey guys, thanks for all love. If you have any questions feel free to message me. Didn’t know my tweet with 12 likes and 1 retweet was such a big deal. I’m not a website or a journalist, I shared Info that was already out and didn’t intend to steal any shine. Beau is a great kid and reached out to me and said no hard feelings... So no need to keep it going.

Hey guys, thanks for all love. If you have any questions feel free to message me. Didn’t know my tweet with 12 likes and 1 retweet was such a big deal. I’m not a website or a journalist, I shared Info that was already out and didn’t intend to steal any shine. Beau is a great kid and reached out to me and said no hard feelings... So no need to keep it going.
Is this your dad?
80710_v9_ba.jpg

Reactions: diggerpup
He knows full well how Twitter works.

He got busted and is playing dumb to weasel out of it.

Do you even know me bro? What a joke. You all have my name in your mouth yet even Bartlett recognized I wasn’t the source of some leak. My tweet had 12 likes and 1 retweet. Calm down.

My 2 cents. Until we hear anything official from the athlete himself, any claim of a scoop or inside info is still conjecture. Scoops might wet the appetite, but everything takes a back seat to the official announcement where in Beau's case was the moment I have myself a high five, and started to dream about his future in blue and white.

I Agree it is disappointing adults can't keep a secret and respect the kid's big moment, but for me that moment was still tied to seeing Beau's official post. And that moment was awesome, 2+ years of hope and anticipation realized for me.

My 2 cents. Until we hear anything official from the athlete himself, any claim of a scoop or inside info is still conjecture. Scoops might wet the appetite, but everything takes a back seat to the official announcement where in Beau's case was the moment I have myself a high five, and started to dream about his future in blue and white.

I Agree it is disappointing adults can't keep a secret and respect the kid's big moment, but for me that moment was still tied to seeing Beau's official post. And that moment was awesome, 2+ years of hope and anticipation realized for me.

Exactly, who cares that PatMineo and Toadrank got 15 minutes of fame, we’re back to regularly scheduled programming

Reactions: danoftw
Headed to the lake of the woods (Canadian side, north of MN) for a week with my dad in a few weeks. Guides will tell us what to use and where to cast. Should be pretty fun.

Reactions: diggerpup
Headed to the lake of the woods (Canadian side, north of MN) for a week with my dad in a few weeks. Guides will tell us what to use and where to cast. Should be pretty fun.
I used to fish the Quetico a lot. No motors allowed, canoe only.
Problem was it was too easy. Every cast was a hit.
But still a spectacular area.

I used to fish the Quetico a lot. No motors allowed, canoe only.
Problem was it was too easy. Every cast was a hit.
But still a spectacular area.
I hear it’s non stop reeling. We’ll be going for Walleye, smallmouth and maybe a big muskie or two. They allow motors in the part I’ll be.

I used to fish LOTW out of Warroad, MN. Caught 60 walleye and some nice Northern by trolling not too far from shore off of the weed beds in about two hours one day. Kept enough for the best shore lunch I’ve ever had.

Also fished from shore using live suckers and hooked up a bunch of nice Pike. It’s a beautiful lake and it stays daylight until 10 PM in the summer.

Do you even know me bro? What a joke. You all have my name in your mouth yet even Bartlett recognized I wasn’t the source of some leak. My tweet had 12 likes and 1 retweet. Calm down.

I admit.....I don't know you. However I do know what you wrote and posted. You posted about a young wrestler's intentions. You did NOT reference any other source. In fact.....you bragged about beating FLO to the announcement and liked posts congratulating you on your "Scoop" and liked any post criticizing the company(FLO) that was waiting on releasing the info until the announcement was made official by the wrestler himself. You bragged about how many new members of Scramble that were added in the last month and the large number of members of a site where you posted your "Scoop".
After FLO and the wrestler's coach and many others took you to task …...first you call the coach a J-off (later deleted).....then.you claim that you only repeated what was posted elsewhere.....ie…...I took credit for something I didn't know for fact and gave credit to nobody but myself......until it went badly. ....Then you delete most of your posts and replies on Scramble and claim you only repeated what was known and have few followers...….so no harm done.
If you don't see how your actions were wholly inappropriate.....I truly feel sorry for you. The fact that you deleted most of what you said and liked shows that either you realized that what you did was very wrong or someone convinced you that you need to act like you know what you did was wrong. Time will reveal the truth. Hoping for the best but not overly optimistic...….#IlearneditfromwatchingyouDad

I take it you do not follow football recruiting. If you did , this is common place. Daily. Get used to it.
No it isn't, quite the opposite. Recruiting analysts literally sit on info for months. When recruits are going to make an announcement, staffs and recruiting sites go out of their way to let the athletes have their moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT