ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Illini 2020 Game Thread

Coach Ciarrocca, asking for an early Christmas present. How about 37 more F-ing runs up the middle? Thanks. Please, please, please do not run a sweep outside, OK? Thanks again.

Reactions: Ski and bdgan
What kinda gets me with Clifford is you can see the blitz coming and there is no adjustment to the play call at the line of scrimmage. Run right into 2 blitzing linebackers.

I am not changing.

All I can say is that there was a world of difference between the first and second half agasint MSU last week.

In fact, all year long, the D has been better, sometimes much better, in the second half. During a Covid season.

This tells me that practices in pads are "lighter" then they'd normally be. Again...Covid.

Reactions: djr4rebs
Gotta figure that the stands would look not much different if fans could attend. Looks CAF

All I can say is that there was a world of difference between the first and second half agasint MSU last week.

In fact, all year long, the D has been better, sometimes much better, in the second half. During a Covid season.

This tells me that practices in pads are "lighter" then they'd normally be. Again...Covid.
Our D is average and horrible at times. Illinois is not good, neither is MSU. We need to drastically improve for next season. I would like to see a D coordinator change.

That begs the question, why are they not ready to play in the first half?

that was, I believe, PSU's best drive of the game. They took over at their own 8 or 9, and took it the length of the field, with passes, power runs, etc. OL also seemed to wake up on that series

Again a rarely if ever called penalty against PSU. And second one this season.

that was, I believe, PSU's best drive of the game. They took over at their own 8 or 9, and took it the length of the field, with passes, power runs, etc. OL also seemed to wake up on that series
Problem is, they tend to doze off again.

Our D is average and horrible at times. Illinois is not good, neither is MSU. We need to drastically improve for next season. I would like to see a D coordinator change.
giphy.gif

Reactions: BudatPSU

The drive had TWO gimmick plays: (1) a crossing pattern by a TE against the grain back to the weak side and (2) a quick count, snapping it with 29 seconds left on the play clock on the TD run.

Reactions: grinagrin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT