ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Illini 2020 Game Thread

Poor clock management and a missed FG to close out the half. Just no killer instinct.

Reactions: psu00
Pinegar is annoying. It started with the missed chip shot FG right before halftime of the Indiana game after the big fumble recovery with 1 second left.

Maybe it's my imagination but even a lot of his makes seem like adventures.

Reactions: djr4rebs
I’m sure we can go back and find a number of posters complaining about Dotson back when he was a freshman. I remember he was a constant target of fans’ anger, just like Gesicki early in his career. Gotta give these guys time. What a half!

Just infuriating...and it happens time after time after time. Why are you taking those two timeouts into halftime with you? He let so much time bleed off the clock unnecessarily.
Just take the time outs for the sake of taking them?

Urban Meyer “you all know how I feel about the eye test” in support of OSU as a conference champion getting into the playoff over a non champion.

Right. Ok. Whatever.

Still waiting for comments on the career ending cardiac and neurological problems that have evaporated so he can take a job again.

Franklin is absolutely brain dead when it comes to the 2 minute time management...he’s the worst I’ve ever seen.
Apparently Day is just as bad...he handed off with a lead and a minute and a half left in the game and a minute left....he just had to take two knees to win and he didn’t....must be the second worst you’ve ever seen.

Franklin is absolutely brain dead when it comes to the 2 minute time management...he’s the worst I’ve ever seen.

This is going to sound like an excuse,
But perhaps they wanted to maintain a rhythm and keep Illinois on their heels on defense. If it were like the NFL, when a 1st down doesn't stop the clock, then I think they would have used more. But the fact was, with 10 seconds left, they realistically had one more play left before a FG attempt.

Gotta have open competition at PK next season. Have to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT