ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Illinois Game Thread

I fear Franklin is so focused on speed that we are short in tHe strength department
Our guys simply can not shed blocks at all
And D line overpowered
Don’t disagree with the overpowering...I can also remember a young Posluszny overpowered too.

Relax, they will beat em up the 2nd half...
Even if true, it’s a troubling trend that this team plays poorly for entire quarters and halves in every game except Kent State. Do that against OSU and they’ll have 21-35 pts by halftime.

Wow. Just saw the replay of that long run. Just an awful effort by Nick Scott.

No excuse

This team is not sharp enough to beat OSU. They need to stop looking ahead and focus on winning this game. It may be possible to win the B1G east with one loss and that is all this team can hope for.

How many times have I seen receivers cross the face of our d backs They have been doing this to us for 4 games now. The defense is truly a concern.

We were fooled by the last two games. This is just not a very good team at this point. This defense is plain awful.

Reactions: Novalions
This team is not sharp enough to beat OSU. They need to stop looking ahead and focus on winning this game. It may be possible to win the B1G east with one loss and that is all this team can hope for.

They play this way we are losing 3 games minimum

Reactions: TheGLOV
This defense has too much talent to be this piss-poor. I feel like Pry is getting a bit of a pass.

I hope CJF is warming up that Rolodex for a new LB coach / D-coordinator! This is a terrible performance by the D!
Robert Smith is right. Our defense looks very slow and out of position. OSU is locking their chops. This could be ugly next week.

Oh, by the way, Illinois gets the ball to start the 2nd half.

I remember when Penn State was known for its defense. Not so much anymore. Illinois scored 10 unanswered points at the end of the second quarter.

Reactions: fem113 and nits74
one of the poorer throws I've seen by Trace. Shades of his throws at the end of the Rose Bowl
Bad decision and bad pass, but even worse decision by the coach(es) to throw in the first place. Run three safe plays and punt. Big Franklin fan, but that was a bad coaching decision.

Stop the run. No way this QB beats you regardless of the DB’s. Make them throw and on offense let Miles go.

100% agree. Do whatever you have to do to stop the run and tell your DBs "good luck, you're on your own."

I fear Franklin is so focused on speed that we are short in tHe strength department
Our guys simply can not shed blocks at all
And D line overpowered

^^^^^^^^ This.

Add in that no one knows where they're supposed to be, and very few tackles are being made with head gear to the belly.

It's the 4th game of the season and we have no idea who should be playing. Guys aren't used to playing with each other. From play to play it changes.

So now PSU is a Friday night feature , do you all still make fun of teams that stoop so low to play on this night ? You all wouldn't be hypocrites would you ?

We were fooled by the last two games. This is just not a very good team at this point. This defense is plain awful.

No... the D absolutely obliterated Pitt, on the road, Pitt isn't as bad as we made them look.

ASU and this game I really get the impression the D thinks they just have to show up and the opposition will just let them win. The 3rd Qtr is going to say a lot... especially the first 3 drives... can't let them score no our O needs to score 3 TDs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT