ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Maryland Game Thread

Stop the insanity!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!
QCn0qU.jpg
Lol...I saw that girl live and knew she was about to become a meme.

Shoutout for Mustipher btw on that play where he got on his horse and kept Pigrim from getting upfield on the 3rd down.

Someone posted earlier the Terps were chirping again during pre-game. Eff them.
I swear I heard Friedgen say Franklin is flashier, Locksley is more sincere. So eff them indeed. By the number of transfers they have I think Locksley is sincerely recruiting from other team's rosters.

He took the Vanderbilt job instead of waiting at UMD
There was a little more to it than that. Iiirc
Many wanted to make him coach in waiting, Ralph was like waiting for what I m not going anywhere. MD wouldn’t commit to him being HC, Ralph was pissed, CJF went to Vandy

I swear I heard Friedgen say Franklin is flashier, Locksley is more sincere. So eff them indeed. By the number of transfers they have I think Locksley is sincerely recruiting from other team's rosters.
Thought he said flashier but sincere. Could be wrong though

Reactions: palmettolion
What precisely are the announcers talking about in regards to this being a highly-contested, rivalry game? Isn't PSU's record against Maryland something like 39-2-1??? So how precisely is this game a big surprise given PSU's all-time record against Maryland????

I feel so sorry for Maryland.....NOT!#!!#

Hope we shake all their hands after the game.

I'm such an A-hole when it comes to The Twerps. Ok, I'll finally say it for the first time...... I Hate Me!

SKOL!

Reactions: Ski and ralphster
Question, I seem to be unaware of a bit of history regarding Franklin and Maryland. Commentator mentioned in passing that things didn’t end well for Franklin at Maryland... anyone know to what he was referring?

Basically Franklin made a checklist of everything we've complained about, said I'll show you, and checked 'em all off the first half. Second half is just punch list stuff.

But Clifford is our leading rusher. Can’t win that way.

By the way, Clifford completed 19 passes to 11 different receivers. How’s that for spreading the ball around?

Reactions: NedFromYork
"Hang one hundred on them"

"Yeah that's the thought process here"

Clowns
In fairness to the announcers, Spencer Tillman played for OU when Switzer would pound 50 on a tomato can in the first half. I took it as a compliment for PSU.
The solar plexus can be finicky sometimes. o_O
Anyone other than Vince McMahon and the WWF early days announcers ever drop that term ?

Question, I seem to be unaware of a bit of history regarding Franklin and Maryland. Commentator mentioned in passing that things didn’t end well for Franklin at Maryland... anyone know to what he was referring?
I didn’t understand that commentary. Franklin was coach in waiting, but the opportunity opened up at Vandy and he took that job instead of sticking around waiting on Fridge to retire.

Reactions: BTMurphy
Scroll back a few

Reactions: BTMurphy

They told him he was coach in waiting and that Fridge was leaving. Fridge refused to leave gracefully. He had to be carried out in a refrigerator box after they cut a hole in the wall to get him to leave.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT