ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Michigan 11/28/20 Game Thread

Here's the rule on the bat. So basically, the question is if it was forward, which didn't seem to be scrutinized enough.

Batting a Loose Ball ARTICLE 1. a. While a pass is in flight, only a player who is eligible to touch the ball may bat it in any direction (Exception: Rule 9-4-2). b. Any player may block a scrimmage kick in the field of play or the end zone. c. No player shall bat other loose balls forward in the field of play or in any direction if the ball is in the end zone
It only proves that while the officials are congregating, with or without headsets, the actual rules are never studied.

Lee got stuffed a couple of times but bounced it outside for a big play.

Washington is solid over the middle but PSU was very lucky he was called down on the 2nd series.

Who would have thought Lutz would be our second leading WR?

Weren’t lucky at all. He was down. The only thing surprising is they made the right call at Michigan.

It only proves that while the officials are congregating, with or without headsets, the actual rules are never studied.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Rule books are lengthy, not matter the sport. There are some in there that only get dredged from the bottom in certain circumstances. Yes, officials need to be prepared for as many scenarios as possible but some things go many seasons without happening. Plus, we don't have the luxury of having rule books in our back pockets while on the field/court. So if I get together with my other officials on the basketball court and we have a crazy situation, each of us talks out our interpretations of the rule in question and come to an agreement. I might know a particular rule more than someone else because I've seen it before or have experience with that call. In this situation with the Toney bat, I don't know whether that falls under the purview of replay having an ability to take a look.

Having watch every minute of PSU this year, the smart money was smarter than me. I didn’t bet, but thought that we had no chance to win.
Let's see if I lose it on the overs on Troy vs App St and LSU vs Tex A&M.

Lot of whiners on this site. Would not want them to go into battle with me! Oh my, "we are going to lose". Please stop the game so it doesn't get worse since we have no chance of winning

If you think cheering for football games is remotely near to going to war you need to have your head checked.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Just knowing we get another 360 or so days with win to hang over michigan fans will make me smile the rest of the weekend!

Great job gentlemen!!!!
They’re crying about bad spots on MGoBlog. And look at this stat:

1. From The Athletic's Jason Starlett: this is the first time in 1,350 games of Michigan football that the Wolverines lost to an opponent with an 0-5 or worse record. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

have you never heard of teams going to battle. you need an alcohol suppresant
You'll get a pass. You call another poster on this board any name again and you'll be gone. Get it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT