ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Purdue Game Thread

Yup. And you just described the Iowa defense.

PSU has no ability to run between the tackles, only two receivers, and a quarterback who is not accurate deep if he's got any pressure at all. Season starts to smell like 3 losses/another trip to Orlando. Which isn't bad but....

Penn State has no answer for Purdue playing a keep everything in front of you conservative defense, sort of like the Penn State defense of old.

Reactions: wcg207 and zubrus1
I wonder if either we came out for the 3rd quarter a bit flat or if a more vanilla style is in play knowing Purdue is hurting now and we are not piling on their misery? The chances of backing off are slim but possible.
I’m thinking no

Yup. And you just described the Iowa defense.

PSU has no ability to run between the tackles, only two receivers, and a quarterback who is not accurate deep if he's got any pressure at all. Season starts to smell like 3 losses/another trip to Orlando. Which isn't bad but....

I disagree with the notion they can’t run between the tackles. They just never commit to it. Cain been getting 5+ every time

I know the offense has been frustrating since the last TD, but we’re not showing anything at all. That’s the benefit of jumping out to a 28-0 lead. Nothing to gain from pouring it on against Purdue.

So you are saying that is the coaching staffs plan? To put the entire stadium to sleep on homecoming?

I know the offense has been frustrating since the last TD, but we’re not showing anything at all. That’s the benefit of jumping out to a 28-0 lead. Nothing to gain from pouring it on against Purdue.

More holding calls. Def will spell doom vs the Big boys. Well, when your OLine can't block, just have them, HOLD.

I think they can compete with any team in the country regardless. They will get up for big games and just have to figure out how to get up for small games...
Hope you're correct and that is all that is needed. If not then it's going to be really ugly against tOSU.

Hope you're correct and that is all that is needed. If not then it's going to be really ugly against tOSU.

I don't see any reason why they won't compete with OSU. Have to get through a few other games before that is worried about...

Again... My God Hamler

this is has been a disastrous half of football by everyone except the defense

Reactions: psu00
Are we looking ahead to homecoming!
Zero energy
Too much subbing on offense
Killing any continuity

A real dunderhead move by Hamler. If you are going to be aggressive in that punting situation, just fall on the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT