ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Qualifier in Istanbul, 5/9-12

Forgive me Lord. I checked for updates a few times during Mass.

Boom GIF

Something about the pedestrian “qualified athlete” sign cracks me up. It’s like the poster in yards you see celebrating a kid’s T ball participation that says something like “South Austin T Ball - most dependable”
Just the fact that he was a returning 2023 gold medalist at 70 kg and still had to qualify 65 kg in order to go to the Olympics, is mind numbing to me.

I think this is the full list of American 2024 Olympians by training center, regardless of which country they will represent:
- NLWC = 5: RBY, Zain, Dake, Brooks, Snyder
- Cliff Keen = 4: Micic, Gomez, Amine, Parris
- Hawkeye = 1: Lee
- Lehigh Valley = 1: Cruz
- Scarlet Knight = 1: Rivera

Also, Canadian Amar Dhesi (Oregon State 3x AA) trains at the Ohio RTC.

The RTC system is working. Team USA has some of the best wrestlers in the world, with enough depth to farm world medalists out to other countries.

Something about the pedestrian “qualified athlete” sign cracks me up. It’s like the poster in yards you see celebrating a kid’s T ball participation that says something like “South Austin T Ball - most dependable”
Just some basic graphics printed on a piece of white cardboard. Lol. Hopefully, they can come up with something better for the actual Olympics.

Maybe Olympic wrestling needs some billionaire boosters or donors? Maybe Richison has some money left to donate?

I seriously don't understand the angst a few people have towards Kennedy and DT. Can we just drop the drama?
Seriously.
It's the American Dream to be younger than 35, and earning 7-figures annually for following your passion.
Especially in a niche sport where former NCAA AAs & champs often take a "volunteer coach" position.

Everyone on this board would want the same opportunity for their sons & daughters.
I'm over the moon for DT.
The angst some posters are showing is silly & trivial.

Anyway -
------

CONGRATS ZAIN TRAIN !!!!!
OLYMPIAN !!!!!!!!!!!

Just some basic graphics printed on a piece of white cardboard. Lol. Hopefully, they can come up with something better for the actual Olympics.

Maybe Olympic wrestling needs some billionaire boosters or donors? Maybe Richison has some money left to donate?
I think the plan is if you finish top 3 in the Olympics, you get a medal. That is probably better than basic printed graphics on a piece of white cardboard. 😄

I know DT, Kennedy and TG are in our rear view mirror, but I'll bet they were cheering for Zain as much as we were. Zain's such a class man it would be hard not to root for him. Way to go Olympian!

UNLESS ... they were hoping to get him on OSU staff next week. 😁 🤣

Big props to Flo and all of the tournament production partners. This tournament was easy to follow and the video/audio superb!

Let's not get too carried away now, Pyles. 😜

Reactions: danoftw
Let's not forget that Iowa fans had to suffer through years of Retherford's stall ride.
LOL they can't escape then put on their back not Zains fault,like he said so what if you know what I am gonna do you can't stop me!iowa fans always have good excuses when they get hammered according to you guys every PSU wrestler stalled that why they scored so many points!! and won titles!!

I remember being on a shuttle ride to airport after Zain’s last NCAA title and some Iowa fan said she just loved Zain. She said that if there was one PSU wrestler she would want on Iowa’s team it would be Zain. She then cited his calm, mature response after a Russian wrestler sucker punched him shortly after Zain had beaten him. Acted like nothing had happened. Great representative of our team—always has been. Pure class!
I am guessing an iowa fan said that after watching Zain crush every iowa guy he faced!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT