ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic qualifier in Mongolia

Gor took zero shots, relied on a push out, they called a bullshit 30 second clock on Tank,
and then the bullshit 3 point move, followed by a bullshit no call on a push out just before
Tanks takedown at the end.

total hose job.
Shorter version: international competition.

BTW, was not a 3-pt move. It was a BS 2-pt takedown (Gor's hands weren't even on Frank when he hit the mat), plus a penalty point for a failed challenge.

Looking fwd: Frank is alive if Gor reaches the finals, which is possible.

Hosed.

Big time.

I am lost -looked like Frank pushed Gor out with 25 secs left - s/b 5-3. Then he got a TD. S/b 5-5. How is it 6-4? 1 push out pt and aggression pt for Gor were sooo shady. Frank was better wrestler. Gor did NOTHING. Shocked if Frank crawls thru consys to get 3rd

A Jap Ref does not want to see an American win....Always been that way and sucks really bad....
Yeah, if only Sunny Abe or Tatsuhiro Yonemitsu were the refs, can't imagine how badly they would've screwed Frank.

Reactions: jtothemfp
A Jap Ref does not want to see an American win....Always been that way and sucks really bad....
That guy did nothing but wait for Frank to shoot....I would have gone outside single on him. Guy did not impress me one bit...These guys just wait and wait and use your aggressive wrestling against you. Ref should not put the aggressive guy on the clock. Total BS....

Also, Gor grabbed Frank's singlet on the "takedown" at the edge.

Last year I called a Chinese guy a Chinaman...But I was doing PbP thought...much shorter

Generally people defending Freestyle BS are like hipster critics defending a shitty band that they somehow rate high. If the unenlightened peasantry was less obtuse, they would understand its superiority is essentially the argument. Exh A = Foley.

Folk style has a Realbuto/Miller cockup once in a blue moon; freestyle has one every single tournament.

That guy did nothing but wait for Frank to shoot....I would have gone outside single on him. Guy did not impress me one bit...These guys just wait and wait and use your aggressive wrestling against you. Ref should not put the aggressive guy on the clock. Total BS....

Now I know why people complain about the int'l refs. That was really a shameful railroad job by the ref. It's laughable how unfair it was. Travesty

Generally people defending Freestyle BS are like hipster critics defending a shitty band that they somehow rate high. If the unenlightened peasantry was less obtuse, they would understand its superiority is essentially the argument. Exh A = Foley.

Folk style has a Realbuto/Miller cockup once in a blue moon; freestyle has one every single tournament.
When did international wrestling improve to only one flaming bag of poo per event?

Added to which, after that ref hosed Frank, it took him and his table full of assholes about 5 minutes to actually uphold the bullshit decision in the first place.

God, freaking despicable...gotta go get it done next week, last chance, and hope like hell that Japanese "official" isn't working the match, although I am willing to bet there is a stable full of them
waiting to screw the ugly Americans at the next opportunity.

Now I know why people complain about the int'l refs. That was really a shameful railroad job by the ref. It's laughable how unfair it was. Travesty

How does Gor have 6 pts - did they call something a takedown? WTF? Gor literally had 1 legit push out all match. How does he have 6 without doing a damn thing except get taken down by Molinaro twice (and pushed out once)?

Reactions: Hotshoe
How does Gor have 6 pts - did they call something a takedown? WTF? Gor literally had 1 legit push out all match. How does he have 6 without doing a damn thing except get taken down by Molinaro twice (and pushed out once)?
30-sec shot clock violation, 2 pushouts, a "takedown," and a penalty point for a failed challenge on the "takedown."

Added to which, after that ref hosed Frank, it took him and his table full of assholes about 5 minutes to actually uphold the bullshit decision in the first place.

God, freaking despicable...gotta go get it done next week, last chance, and hope like hell that Japanese "official" isn't working the match, although I am willing to bet there is a stable full of them
waiting to screw the ugly Americans at the next opportunity.
So Frank wrestles the next round right or no ?

Dam another screw job. That is what I dislike about international wrestling. Metcalf got screwed almost every time the same way being the aggressor and put on shot clock .Only way Americans can win is wrestle like Burroughs take the suckers down every time. It is horse shit wrestling.

Cox 10-0, 1:25. Just too quick.
Went outside single a lot....That is what i was hoping Frank would go to more....Straight HC can get you in trouble at times...It didn't that match though....With Frank's power and speed he needs to go outside and finish hard !!!!

30-sec shot clock violation, 2 pushouts, a "takedown," and a penalty point for a failed challenge on the "takedown."

I think the final two points that were challenged were for exposure as opposed to a takedown. In any case it was neither and should have been a pushout for Frank, even though he went out of bounds first it was off of his shot.

The all-time best was when Nick Simmons spladled a guy from Moldova at 2011 Worlds. The ref never saw a spladle before and cluelessly gave the opponent exposure points even though he was sniffing his own butt. Simmons had to tell the ref to check for the pin.

Nova, the push out rule is first one out no matter who initiates the move. Frank's index finger was out so maybe 1. Still should have been 4-2 and Tank,wins with the TD.

This is how I feel about soccer of which I'm sure Foley is a huge fan. Freestyle is a lot cooler if it's ref'd the way it's supposed to be

This is how I feel about soccer of which I'm sure Foley is a huge fan. Freestyle is a lot cooler if it's ref'd the way it's supposed to be
All soccer needs is landmines.

I'm guessing that many international freestyle refs are not picked based upon merit -- they take refs from each country to keep those countries quiet or at least minimally unhappy. If their selection process works like my industry, the refs (esp. from third world countries) could be the deputy mayor's publicist's nephew who has never seen a wrestling mat, trashes his hotel room, and gets busted with hookers and drugs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT