ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Anyone ever visit any famous movie sights

Grew up in Brooklyn within a few block’s walk of where they filmed parts of French Connection and Saturday Night Fever. My high school was the one on the intro to Welcome Back Kotter
Now live in N.J., 2 mins from where they shot last scene of the Sopranos, the joint with the best onion rings in the state, as per Tony. Filmed many Soprano scenes around this area.

Reactions: ftlpsu
1990 version of night of the living dead filmed in my hometown. Lots of locals were zombies. Now the locals are meth heads so not much has changed.

Been to the pool hall and the ball park from Bull Durham.
Also been to Skellig Michael(STAR WARS 7 and 8)

I've been to the park in Hoboken where Brando and the female lead (Eve Marie Saint?) walked in On the Waterfront. The same wrought iron fence was still there more than 50 years later.

Visited Christmas Story house in Cleveland. Definately worth it if you're a fan of the movie. The guy who played the delivery man works there. Or at least he did when we visited a few years ago.
Also visited Boone Hall plantation, used in the north and south mini series with Patrick swayze.

My nephew made it out there and knowing how highly I think of the movie, brought me back a bar of Lifeboy soap which I will treasure the rest of my life.

. I visit a movie site every time I go to work. My office building was used in the movie “How do you know”. Not a great movie and did not do well at the box office but it starred Jack Nicholson, Owen Wilson, Paul Rudd and Reese Witherspoon. They had a number of outside shots and they made the lobby look like a condominium lobby. Our conf. Rooms were transformed after hours into sound test rooms, line rehearsal rooms and makeup rooms. Some in my office met Reese Witherspoon ( they said she was very nice) and PAUL Rudd ( very friendly and non- stop funny). No one saw Jack or Owen. Also saw the beach in Kuaui used in From Here to Eternity. And have seen the Exorcist steps.

I frequently drive by locations where scenes from The Lovely Bones and The Visit were shot. Of course I live there ... see if you can figure it out.

Been to a few locations seen in the movie "Paterno".

Sorry, couldn't resist. Also stayed in the hotel used for its exterior in The Shining.

Going to Universal Studios in LA was cool. Did the VIP tour. Because my son and I are fans of "The Good Place", the Universal Studios tour guide took just us to Michael/Ted Danson's office and Eleanor/Kristen Bell's clown house interior in the first season.
How about "Something for Joey"?? ;);)

My son just moved near the prison where they filmed Shawshank Redemption I plan on visiting it next spring.
The tree is gone, however...Look up the "Shawshank Trail". It's on my list as I'm only about an hour south. They had a lot of events in Mansfield this year as it was an anniversary year.

There is a bridge in Montana, that crosses the Missouri River, where the bootlegg raid in the movie The Untouchables took place. My fishing guide pointed out to me on a trip.

Reactions: PearlandLion
Took a pic of the gate to Tom Selleck's place used in Magnum PI.
29ccbd5ab7e1488883769904b5f4c4a4.jpg

Ate lunch at the restaurant in San Diego used in Top Gun.
018.png

The town where Walking Dead is filmed. Little town called Senoia here in Georgia. The have tours and you can see the entire town of "Alexandria" Really kind of cool place to visit if you are a fan of the show.

Reactions: hlstone
"Such a fine site to see. "

Year's ago nephew picked up a Master's degree here at UCSD.
He said enough of California. Joined him on a drive back to Michigan.
On the way he insisted we drive through Winslow.
No girl's in a flatbed Ford that day.
Bout it.

Nephew's currently living the NYC life.

,,,cheers
I also passed through there while moving a family member back East though it was from Phoenix.

Or have anywhere they would like to see that’s been featured in a movie, like the house from Home Alone or The Christmas Story etc?[/
Well I’ve been to Red Square a few times, saw the Kremlin, also went to Volgograd ( formerly known as Stalingrad) saw the war memorial there.

I slept in the bed where Jack Woltz woke up to find the horse head.* Different sheets, though...

*This is not true.

I tried to go to the site in the Amazon where they filmed Aguirre,The Wrath of God. On the way, I ran into a shaman and drank some ayahuasca brew. I never made it to the film site but astral projected to Tibet. That was pretty cool.

Reactions: LionJim and PSU_522
Silence of the Lambs House off Rt 51 near Frazier High School south of Pittsburgh. Jodi Foster goes to the door and Buffalo Bill opens it up.

Had several meetings in the Ballroom of the Chicago Hilton on Michigan where the finale of the Fugitive was filmed.

Went out to Mackinac Island, MI in October. Visited the Grand Hotel where the movie Somewhere in Time was filmed (Christopher Reeve, Jane Seymour, Christopher Plummer).

Reactions: gr82baspartan
Some that I thought about. I’m sure may of you have been to these places as well....

Marley and Me farmhouse. A few miles from me.

Ghost busters fire house in NYC.

Had brunch at Tavern on the Green. Location of several movies scenes including Wall Street and Ghostbusters

Many other locations in NYC...Windows on the World in the original WTC, Grand Central Station, Times Square, Central Park, many others...

Was in Charleston, SC when North and South was filmed

Was in a Pittsburgh when The Dark Knight Rises was filmed

Fort Pitt Tunnel..The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Civic Arena...The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh

Philadephia... 30th Street Station - Blowout, Rittenhouse Square- Trading Places, Wanamakers-Mannequin, Academy of Music- The Age of Innocence, City Hall + others- Philadelphia, Franklin Institute +others-National Treasure, Wells Fargo Center - Silver Linings Playbook...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT