ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cycling

Also sounding like the merger is off and that Amazon backed out of its partial ($15M) sponsorship. So TJV is looking for a replacement for Jumbo still.

Reactions: backdrft76
If you haven't watched Strade Bianche yet, do so.

Absolute masterclass by one of the best to ever throw a leg over a bike.

Reactions: PSUbluTX
Just a heads up: the 8 stage Paris-Nice event started this morning and is being televised on NBC Sports. A few big names in this event.

I'm eager to see what impact Primoz Roglic's transfer to Bora–Hansgrohe has on that team. Jumbo Visma won't miss him, but he could potentially be a boost for Bora.

If you haven't watched Strade Bianche yet, do so.

Absolute masterclass by one of the best to ever throw a leg over a bike.

I love Tadej's style of riding! Would like to see him win the Tour this year.

Some funny comments about Tadej from other cyclists in Strade Bianche yesterday. Pidcock said when Tadej went everyone else felt like they were in the grupetto. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
I am a Tadej hater not because he necessarily does anything wrong but because when he’s on his game it makes it boring if Remco, Wout, MVDP, Jonas or Roglic aren’t in the field

Reactions: mcpat
On an unrelated note, GCN+ shuttering is HORRIBLE. Gonna cost me 4x at much now if I want to watch all the races I watched through their service

Animated GIF

• Haha
I love Tadej's style of riding! Would like to see him win the Tour this year.

Some funny comments about Tadej from other cyclists in Strade Bianche yesterday. Pidcock said when Tadej went everyone else felt like they were in the grupetto. 😂

I like Tadej but after getting more insight on Jonas’s relationship with Kuss, I’m rooting for Jonas all the way. Unless for some reason Kuss shows up a co-leader, of course.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
I am a Tadej hater not because he necessarily does anything wrong but because when he’s on his game it makes it boring if Remco, Wout, MVDP, Jonas or Roglic aren’t in the field
So you hate that Tadej displays PSU wrestling level domination against almost everybody? 🧐🤣

I like Tadej but after getting more insight on Jonas’s relationship with Kuss, I’m rooting for Jonas all the way. Unless for some reason Kuss shows up a co-leader, of course.

I'm a huge fan of Sepp and Jonas too. It's awesome to see Sepp representing the USA so well on the biggest stages of professional cycling.

And I admire Jonas' mild, humble demeanor and he's surely a generational talent. But his riding style/strategy is kind of like Iowa wresting -- BORING 85% of the time. He sits on the wheels cautiously playing defense hoping his opponent falters so he can steal the win at the end.

Tadej OTOH, is like Messenbrink. He'd rather lose a barnburner where he gives it everything he's got than win a snooze fest.

So you hate that Tadej displays PSU wrestling level domination against almost everybody? 🧐🤣

I'm a huge fan of Sepp and Jonas too. It's awesome to see Sepp representing the USA so well on the biggest stages of professional cycling.

And I admire Jonas' mild, humble demeanor and he's surely a generational talent. But his riding style/strategy is kind of like Iowa wresting -- BORING 85% of the time. He sits on the wheels cautiously playing defense hoping his opponent falters so he can steal the win at the end.

Tadej OTOH, is like Messenbrink. He'd rather lose a barnburner where he gives it everything he's got than win a snooze fest.
Not a bad analogy, except that Jonas wins on the biggest stage while Tadej doesn’t (since Jonas’s “arrival”). Which means you got the team analogies mixed up. :)

Yes, exactly! It’s not fun if it’s not your team winning!

For a really fantastic read, check out The Ronde.

Spring northern classics are the best hands down.

Phoenix-native Brandon McNulty gets the yellow jersey tomorrow, the first American ever to lead Paris Nice.

Phoenix-native Brandon McNulty gets the yellow jersey tomorrow, the first American ever to lead Paris Nice.
Brandon has developed into an awesome rider. Not sure he’s ever gonna be a consistent enough climber to compete for a Grand Tour but he’s a fantastic one-week racer and becoming a very good one day racer.

I think the US is well positioned to win its first monument at some point in the next 5 years or so

I was so worried that when Matteo went with Remco that he would get smoked but now I am not so sure!

Jonas seems pretty bad. Does this open the door for Tadej to win the Tour? WVA has been injured too.

Paris Roubaix is this Sunday on Peacock. (Matteo is out).

Jonas seems pretty bad. Does this open the door for Tadej to win the Tour? WVA has been injured too.

Paris Roublaix is this Sunday on Peacock. (Matteo is out).
He has a full 3 months to heal, but, his training regime will clearly be disheveled. If I were a betting man, I’d bet that Jonas sits for the TdF.

I hate it for Jonas and all involved.

I also wonder if it means Sepp is the main guy for Visma at the Tour.

HBO Max is streaming the Eurosport broadcast of the Giro starting today. Tadej is the clear favorite. Thomas might be the only one to push him.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll see Jonas at the TDF, and WVA is still on the mend. Not sure how this will impact Sepp yet, but I'm hopeful.

Reactions: PSUbluTX and mcpat
HBO Max is streaming the Eurosport broadcast of the Giro starting today. Tadej is the clear favorite. Thomas might be the only one to push him.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll see Jonas at the TDF, and WVA is still on the mend. Not sure how this will impact Sepp yet, but I'm hopeful.
Sounds like Jonas should be at the Tour but not sure of his preparation. Think Wout will skip it either way for Olympics prep.

Unless he crashes, Tadej wins the Giro by 10 minutes. Have a little $ on him today

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT