ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

District 4 has another stud coming soon, Brock Rothermil just won Freestlyle states. Coach Harer said he could one of the best to come through D4 in awhile.

Reactions: hlstone
Not at all. That’s a given his boys are some of best too. A few of us were talking about an All d4 list. Lots of legends.

How long ago is "a while"?

Because Hoffman was ranked #1 in the country at his weight just 5 years ago. Zain and Solomon just 10 years ago.

This doesn't seem nearly far enough back to be "in a while," if that was intended to be taken seriously.

Zain is the GOAT of our district, but you are nutz if you don’t think Connor Harer is as good as Hoffman or Solomon.

Dang my friend, relax it was stated “could be” one of the d4 greats. I reckon only time will tell. So this convo can be continued in a few years.

How long ago is "a while"?

Because Hoffman was ranked #1 in the country at his weight just 5 years ago. Zain and Solomon just 10 years ago.

This doesn't seem nearly far enough back to be "in a while," if that was intended to be taken seriously.
I would say 4 years is a while in high school.

Is there anyone down here in VA Beach. I am excited to watch Buffalo Valley Black. Let’s go D4
I am.
We have Buffalo Valley Blue first.
Not expecting a lot of wins for us as we are missing five starters on our team for next year including Sadriddinov injured, Mutarelli sisters graduation, and Brillhart injured, but we're going to get some of our JV kids the experience they need to challenge for a spot to contribute next year. Making strides in the off-season!
With some of the news lately I'm expecting CR South to make an impact for our new coach next year. Brad left the program in a great place, unsurprisingly.

Zain is the GOAT of our district, but you are nutz if you don’t think Connor Harer is as good as Hoffman or Solomon.
That’s definitely saying something about Zain as d4 is and has been a hot bed for a hell of a long time

I am.
We have Buffalo Valley Blue first.
Not expecting a lot of wins for us as we are missing five starters on our team for next year including Sadriddinov injured, Mutarelli sisters graduation, and Brillhart injured, but we're going to get some of our JV kids the experience they need to challenge for a spot to contribute next year. Making strides in the off-season!
With some of the news lately I'm expecting CR South to make an impact for our new coach next year. Brad left the program in a great place, unsurprisingly.
You guys are doing it right. You see club teams and teams made up of wrestlers from across the country. I respect real school teams. Everyone gets better in that situation. You guys getting Mutarelli will be great. He will be an instant impact in AAA states. He might fill in where Nate Desmond left off. Gain a prep stud and lose another to preps

Reactions: dicemen99
How would you rank the best out of D4. Zain has to be up there.
1 Zain
2 Jim Martin
3 John Hughes
4 Scott Lynch
5 Paul Keysaw

Offhand they're the only D1 NCAA champs from D4 in the past 40 years. (I'm probably wrong about that.)

Earlier than that: I think Shorty Hitchcock is from the Northern Tier.

Are Chris Fleeger (2x) and Charlie Heller (1x) the only other NCAA finalists?

1 Zain
2 Jim Martin
3 John Hughes
4 Scott Lynch
5 Paul Keysaw

Offhand they're the only D1 NCAA champs from D4 in the past 40 years. (I'm probably wrong about that.)

Earlier than that: I think Shorty Hitchcock is from the Northern Tier.

Are Chris Fleeger (2x) and Charlie Heller (1x) the only other NCAA finalists?
This is an incredible list. Zain, Martin and Hughes wow. Fleeger was something else too

Forgive the ignorance, but is there a deadline for declaring an Olympic redshirt for the 2023-24 season?
Highly doubtful there's any official communication. Just take it, if eligible, to the point in the season one no longer wishes to (Ref. Kolodzick for Princeton, 2020). Keep records to ensure eligibility compliance.

F&M, with scholarships, has the potential to do pretty well, IMHO. The academics are strong - strong enough to take attract a Lehigh-type recruit. It won’t happen right away, but it’ll be interesting to see where they are in 6-7 years.

Reactions: hlstone
That’s a mind disease that is going on at every university.

Some places it is especially pronounced. FM has a lot of foreign nationals and rejected Ivy applicants that use it as a "safety school" that they cater too because there's a lot of paid up front tuition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT