ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State 7.5 point pick over Spartans

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
The opening line was 10 but it dropped quickly. I'm not a better but I still like to follow these things. I think we rebound but have no idea how we match up, especially with injury concerns. At least we have a week to practice new guys at new positions if needed. A 24-14 or 17 game sounds about right.

After our noon game we can watch two future opponents go at it at 3:30 as the Terps are slight favorites when they roll into Pisscataway to go up against those dreaded Scarlett Knights. I think Rutgers wins outright with the homefield advantage against a bad MD team. The team with the fewest turnovers will win, and that will be RU.

UNRIVALED

Last edited:
Saw 11 and down to 7.5. A lot depends on Bates at LT. We could easily blow them out if we are full of piss and vinegar. This teams character has showed as such after losses. Still a ton to play for and if possible blowing teams out will be very important. Right now I'd say 31-10 us. Sparty blown out at home by ND and just lost in 3OTs to NW. We are on the upper tier of Big 10, they are playing with the Indianas and NWs who we blew the doors off.

I feel like the guys will remove their frustrations and anger in this game. They will blow out the Spartans and make a statement win!

A lot comes down to Bates and how effective he'll be able to play, if at all. Line was barely getting it done and when he went down, wasn't getting it done. Sparty has the third best DL we'll face.

Franklin and the staff are not dumb. They know they must put up very impressive wins to stay in the conversation. He will do everything in his power to run up the score.

I expect this team to cover 3 if not the next 4 spreads because of this.

People have to step up. It is late in the season...2/3 on the books now. If we have young depth on the O and D lines, the future is now. If we never talk about how thin these units are again, that will mean we fixed it somewhat.

But these are the last 4 reg season games of Barkley's CAREER. Are there redshirts we can help ourselves by burning? I tell you, it is more likely a Freshman qb can help a college team in a title run, than that a FR Olineman can.

Gotta forget Saturday. Michigan State is not going to lay down. We're gonna have to knock em down. Very big test for both players and coaches.

Franklin and the staff are not dumb. They know they must put up very impressive wins to stay in the conversation. He will do everything in his power to run up the score.

I expect this team to cover 3 if not the next 4 spreads because of this.
Agree he won't hold back but he might be all out just to win this game. That would apply to any tired teams with injuries going on the road.

The dreaded "dream killer" game. Not a surprise the spread dropped. Sharps were all over it. I hope this team can regroup quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT