ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Penn State-Michigan State Match Thread

Got in deep the first committed shot he took and finished the next one. Just needs to trust his stuff.

Reactions: Grass
In my day “fish” was used as a derogatory term for a wrestler.

Yes - it implies the spend a lot of time flattened out on the mat flopping around on their back or stomach like a fish does when thrown out of the water onto land.

Reactions: mcpat
Yes - it implies the spend a lot of time flattened out on the mat flopping around on their back or stomach like a fish does when thrown out of the water onto land.
source.gif

Going back to 125… really happy for Steen. I was starting to wonder if he was losing confidence. A couple recent matches weren’t what we had seen earlier this year. Today was a really nice dub and he was the aggressor throughout the match. Completely earned the win today.

I thought for sure CStar was going to force that guy to stall out of the match, had 3 by the end of the second. Just a brutal pace.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Well, this should give us an answer to that post about Ball being a potential AA elsewhere. Probably the best kid he’ll see this year.

It was a sweet duck under. Wish he used it earlier in the match.
He had done one earlier but they went OOB (or at least the ref said they did despite Facundo having two wrestling shoes inside the circle).

Reactions: eddy line
Well, this should give us an answer to that post about Ball being a potential AA elsewhere. Probably the best kid he’ll see this year.
If he had gone to a different program he woukd have developed to a different level.
I like the kid. He wrestles hard and gives everything he has, plus never stops in the room. However our fans always think our backups are much better than reality dictates.

If he had gone to a different program he woukd have developed to a different level.
I like the kid. He wrestles hard and gives everything he has, plus never stops in the room. However our fans always think our backups are much better than reality dictates.
I don’t know. He’d have more mat time but he wouldn’t be working with Starocci, Brooks and Dean every day. I like Donovan a lot and he could start a lot of places. But the AA comment just made me chuckle.

Reactions: nitlion6
I don’t know. He’d have more mat time but he wouldn’t be working with Starocci, Brooks and Dean every day. I like Donovan a lot and he could start a lot of places. But the AA comment just made me chuckle.
The usual reminder: it's one thing to beat an AA in a dual. Or even multiple AAs in duals. It's another to beat several good opponents in one weekend at the country's biggest ass-kicking contest.

Hate that first stalemate call. I get that they hadn’t moved for a bit but just let them work through the position.

Lol, I was the one person here that said it, I was being silly , I love the run comments on here get sometimes

If they awarded 1/10th of a point for each shot, Dean would have won by TF by now.

ADVERTISEMENT