ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Reactions: diggerpup
dear lord they live on another planet. They better hope it rains next year too, that's the only thing that kept them in the game.

Honestly, I would make the goal to win next years game by 39. A very realistic goal considering who penn state has returning and coming in. That will mean Penn State will have outscored pitt by 100 in the 4 year series which should end rivalry talk

I just want to point out something and say thanks.

All of the posters here who were reasonable and realistic and told us that PSU has major talent, depth, and match-up advantages over Pitt were correct. All of the moron pitt boosters, with their hyperbole, circle-jerk exaggerations, and downright lies, were completely wrong.

The BS started to pile high last week and since i'm a pessimist, I let it in. I was nervous. Thanks to everyone here who is knowledgeable and reasonable for keeping me sane.

Reactions: Madsol
Just out of curiosity, has Peak ever posted here? And if so, is he banned?

I saw one post from him here a few days ago, was the first that I ever saw. Was gonna ask why we allowed him to post here, but didn’t have the energy to waste on him.

I just want to point out something and say thanks.

All of the posters here who were reasonable and realistic and told us that PSU has major talent, depth, and match-up advantages over Pitt were correct. All of the moron pitt boosters, with their hyperbole, circle-jerk exaggerations, and downright lies, were completely wrong.

The BS started to pile high last week and since i'm a pessimist, I let it in. I was nervous. Thanks to everyone here who is knowledgeable and reasonable for keeping me sane.

They are always wrong, they talk in their echo chamber and convince each other that the world is flat.

I am a paying member of Pantherlair and was banned from posting on the Pitt messageboard for being objective about the current status of Pitt football. I’ve been a pitt fan for over 20 years. I was simply objective compared to the song and dance that they are used to over there. I asked Peak why I was banned. He could not offer any reasoning just called me a troll. I asked him for an example to prove where I was and he had nothing to offer

After this past weekend, he banned me from even reading the board due to private messaging an “I told you so” to him. I asked him how that was fare to do to a paying customer. He would not reply until I contacted Rivals support and basically told me tough luck

It is ridiculous that Rivals let’s their sites run by childish fanboys. He caters to the lunatic fringe

Bro .... I’d buy you a drink & shake your hand if I could ....

Keep your chin up.

Reactions: bison13
Here's a gem from Shadyside241 on the Lair:

Hearing the press conference, I assume that CPN is talking about next year's game. But thinking about it, could be rematch in Bowl season. UPS loses at least four (Mich, MSU, OSU and Wisc). Maybe one more. Pitt loses no more than 2-3 as the team regroups this week. If they play as they did in the first half against UPS, and clean up the mistakes, this is an 8-9 win team. Good enough for the Pinstripe. The rematch would be huge .
Nominated for most idiotic post of the week!

This cat needs checked for mental illness

Love it...Students have to bus back to their dorms! HA...wonder if the shuttle busses run on a schedule to allow them to get back early, or if the University only runs them after the game to ensure they stay!

Well the gates were locked, so they couldn't leave until the end.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Just because Pitters are stupid + alwaya hopelessly super positive in August, watch the line for the 2019 game hovering around 18.

I might get a second mortgage to hammer that line.

Pitt might not cross the 50 after pregame warmups.

Dude..you are all over the place.
1. Point 1: Sheer #'s does not make a rivalry. What is the point of the Michigan/ND #'s? Are you saying the sheer #'s of viewers indicates proves that's a rivalry? I think we'd agree that Texas/Oklahoma (Red River Shootout) is a rivalry. Their 2016 #'s had a 1.7 Rating and 2.8MM viewers.
2. Point 2: Ratings are relative: BYU/Utah (The Holy War) is considered a rivalry. Do you know what their ratings were? Rating of 1 and viewers of 1.7MM.
3. Point 3: Turnabout is fairplay. You said "Just because you care about it doesn't mean the rest of the world does." Just because you DONT care about it, doesn't mean that others don't. (Which is ironic because you are on a "Pitt" thread.) Oh and tell that that to the television executives who decided to make it a nationally televised game.

The fact of the matter is that determining whether a rivalry exists is like determining whether something is offensive. To quote Justice Potter Stewart, "I know it when I see it". I cannot prove it is a rivalry and you cannot disprove its a rivalry.
Even Saquon disagrees with you. Hard to have a rivalry when even the players don't think there's one.

Even Saquon disagrees with you. Hard to have a rivalry when even the players don't think there's one.

Even Kijana Carter disagrees with you:

“I mean, I’m from Ohio, but I know that Pitt and Penn State rivalry,” Carter said. “I think it’d be good for the state to have that game again. ... I hope they (renew) it.”

Reactions: TheGLOV
Even Kijana Carter disagrees with you:

“I mean, I’m from Ohio, but I know that Pitt and Penn State rivalry,” Carter said. “I think it’d be good for the state to have that game again. ... I hope they (renew) it.”
Last I checked Ki-Jana graduated 20+ years ago. Saquon just 1. Who do you think has a better idea of what current players think?

Last I checked Ki-Jana graduated 20 years ago. Saquon just 1. Who do you think has a better idea of what current players think?

So once again you are saying the perspective of an older generation doesn't count. Am I still putting words in your mouth?

It's like this: If you were born before 1975, you remember the rivalry. If you were born after, you don't.

You know what else will be like that in ten years? Sandusky.

Last I checked Ki-Jana graduated 20+ years ago. Saquon just 1. Who do you think has a better idea of what current players think?

Also, are you saying that a rivalry exists only if the players deem it a rivalry? Is that your position?

So once again you are saying the perspective of an older generation doesn't count. Am I still putting words in your mouth?
Yes, you're putting words in my mouth. What I'm saying is that only the older generation that grew up in Western Pennsylvania still consider it a rivalry. The majority of Penn State fans, and current players, do not consider Pitt a rival. My statements about this have been pretty consistent and I don't know why you can't grasp that. Please reread the posts.

Reactions: gregoryj95
Also, are you saying that a rivalry exists only if the players deem it a rivalry? Is that your position?
Once again, please reread my posts and do not make stuff up and attribute it to me. But, if you think something is a rivalry when the players don't, then you have a unique perspective on what makes up a rivalry.

Here's a gem from Shadyside241 on the Lair:

Hearing the press conference, I assume that CPN is talking about next year's game. But thinking about it, could be rematch in Bowl season. UPS loses at least four (Mich, MSU, OSU and Wisc). Maybe one more. Pitt loses no more than 2-3 as the team regroups this week. If they play as they did in the first half against UPS, and clean up the mistakes, this is an 8-9 win team. Good enough for the Pinstripe. The rematch would be huge .
Nominated for most idiotic post of the week!

This cat needs checked for mental illness
If we lose 4 one would have to think Pitt loses a bunch more than that. Unless of course the ACC isn't as strong as what they'd have you believe.

In all honesty, it's a rivalry. That said, after this last week, I don't think the majority give a damn about playing Pitt. I know I don't, and that's saying something.

In all honesty, it's a rivalry. That said, after this last week, I don't think the majority give a damn about playing Pitt. I know I don't, and that's saying something.
This board will talk about the Pitt game through Kent State week and through Illinois week. We should get over Pitt sometime into Ohio Stae week. Don’t get me wrong, I hate Pitt almost as much as as hate Notre Dame, but I’m ready to move into the B1G season.

Last edited:
Da

Fairgambit’s crush on Elisabeth Shue.

I’m stuck in traffic.
I love it. You can multi task so very well LionJim. Using Fair’s crush to describe an oxymoronic personality trait (normal obsession) and posting about it while stuck in traffic yet, at the same time, resisting the urge to search for Elisabeth Shue pics to include in your post (which is a bitch on a phone when you are steering with your knee) shows both great restraint and extreme social media savvy all at the same time. BRAVO!

Reactions: step.eng69
Once again, please reread my posts and do not make stuff up and attribute it to me. But, if you think something is a rivalry when the players don't, then you have a unique perspective on what makes up a rivalry.

Why would I reread the same drivel. This is just the same back-and-forth going on:
1. You make a comment with an inference,
2. I disprove your inference.
3. You claim that isn't what you were inferring and then bitch that I am putting words in your mouth.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Why would I reread the same drivel. This is just the same back-and-forth going on:
1. You make a comment with an inference,
2. I disprove your inference.
3. You claim that isn't what you were inferring and then bitch that I am putting words in your mouth.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
I must have missed the parts where you disprove anything. BTW, the definition of inference is "a conclusion reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning". If you call my comment an inference then you're calling my comment accurate. But thanks for playing.

And, as far as "putting words in my mouth", please point out where I said "the perspective of an older generation doesn't count". I can, however, point out where in one post you argue that TV ratings make a rivalry and then in the next post you argue they don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must have missed the parts where you disprove anything. BTW, the definition of inference is "a conclusion reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning". If you call my comment an inference then you're calling my comment accurate. But thanks for playing.

And, as far as "putting words in my mouth", please point out where I said "the perspective of an older generation doesn't count". I can, however, point out where in one post you argue that TV ratings make a rivalry and then in the next post you argue they don't.

1. In response to my statement that no other game provides as much entertainment (and using, at the time, this 67-page thread as evidence) you inferred (incorrectly) that my comment is not the reason for a rivalry to exist.
2. I pointed out that you have mistaken evidence for reason and the special hatred between these fan bases is evidence that a rivalry exists.
3. You did not deny there is a special hatred but that it only exists for older fans, thereby attempting to qualify for your statement, only to have me point out that just the rivalry means more to older fans doesn't make it less of a rivalry.
4. You said "Blah..blah..blah...You're making that up and and confusing me with words! Nobody cares about the game!"
5. When I noted that it was highest rated prime-time game on Saturday and you inferred (incorrectly again), that the purpose of my comment/link was to show that the relative tv ratings is PROOF! Voila!
6. I pointed out that the #'s show the ratings are evidence that people (including the TV executives who decided to make it a nationally televised game!) obviously "care" about the game. (And in that same post, I pointed out that sheer ratings #'s alone don't make a rivalry.)
7. After again claiming that I said ratings make the rivalry (which, again, is an error in evidence vs. reason) you (ironically!) said "You are attributing things I never said! I'm taking my ball and going home!".
8. Thinking you are gone for good, you decide to come back for more by posting the Saquon Barkley tweet. When I posted the Kijana tweet in response, you painted yourself in a corner again by making a comment that once again discounts the views/perspectives of older people.
9. Again, you cried that I was putting words in your mouth. HOWEVER, you did leave us with this admission. You said "What I'm saying is that only the older generation that grew up in Western Pennsylvania still consider it a rivalry."

So after all of that, you finally agree that there is a rivlary. It may not be as hotly anticipated as UM/O$U. It may not gather ratings of an ND/USC. It may be more regional (even within Pennsylvania). And the series may be coming to an end, but there will still be ill-feelings between the schools. And if/when they meet on the baseball field. basketball court, wrestling mat, or football field, the game will mean a little bit more than if we were playing Rutgers, Temple, or almost anybody else.

1. In response to my statement that no other game provides as much entertainment (and using, at the time, this 67-page thread as evidence) you inferred (incorrectly) that my comment is not the reason for a rivalry to exist.
2. I pointed out that you have mistaken evidence for reason and the special hatred between these fan bases is evidence that a rivalry exists.
3. You did not deny there is a special hatred but that it only exists for older fans, thereby attempting to qualify for your statement, only to have me point out that just the rivalry means more to older fans doesn't make it less of a rivalry.
4. You said "Blah..blah..blah...You're making that up and and confusing me with words! Nobody cares about the game!"
5. When I noted that it was highest rated prime-time game on Saturday and you inferred (incorrectly again), that the purpose of my comment/link was to show that the relative tv ratings is PROOF! Voila!
6. I pointed out that the #'s show the ratings are evidence that people (including the TV executives who decided to make it a nationally televised game!) obviously "care" about the game. (And in that same post, I pointed out that sheer ratings #'s alone don't make a rivalry.)
7. After again claiming that I said ratings make the rivalry (which, again, is an error in evidence vs. reason) you (ironically!) said "You are attributing things I never said! I'm taking my ball and going home!".
8. Thinking you are gone for good, you decide to come back for more by posting the Saquon Barkley tweet. When I posted the Kijana tweet in response, you painted yourself in a corner again by making a comment that once again discounts the views/perspectives of older people.
9. Again, you cried that I was putting words in your mouth. HOWEVER, you did leave us with this admission. You said "What I'm saying is that only the older generation that grew up in Western Pennsylvania still consider it a rivalry."

So after all of that, you finally agree that there is a rivlary. It may not be as hotly anticipated as UM/O$U. It may not gather ratings of an ND/USC. It may be more regional (even within Pennsylvania). And the series may be coming to an end, but there will still be ill-feelings between the schools. And if/when they meet on the baseball field. basketball court, wrestling mat, or football field, the game will mean a little bit more than if we were playing Rutgers, Temple, or almost anybody else.
Once again, you're whole post is BS. You were the one that challenged me to "spin" the rating and when I did, you backtracked. And the rest of this post is you changing the meaning of most of your posts to try to spin it to your view. And I stand by what I said on in point 9. But I never said that older generations don't count. I said they are in the minority. That's a big difference.

Late Edit: I also never used the term "special hatred" and never would. Hating on some kid because he plays for a team that PSU plays has always struck me as juvenile. But feel free to hate on thousand of kids you've never met because they don't happen to wear blue and white on Saturdays. I'm hoping they all go on to have happy and productive lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is j30329 vs nitanee123 a rivalry?:)
Only in as much that I'm Penn State and he's Pitt. I've moved on from a former rivalry and realize that it doesn't matter anymore to the majority of PSU fans and players whereas he's yelling that it still exists and is still vitally important. And everyone else should agree with him, dammit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT