ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Season Thread

I'm hoping Hardy chooses to use his extra year of eligibility as he looked pretty "dynamic" himself on punt returns. Hardy didn't seem to get many decent opportunities down the stretch but we know what he can do if he gets a crease.

Wonder if this offer means that the staff has been notified by Hardy that he won't be back. Bringing Hardy back would also help solidify the CB position if King leaves.

I would say that you might be spot on, but I could also see this meaning someone like Malick Meiga/Trey Potts is gone as well.

Hardy I could see returning. He'd likely move into a starting Corner spot. The lack of Corner offers put out thus far seems to say we aren't losing all 3.

I would say that you might be spot on, but I could also see this meaning someone like Malick Meiga/Trey Potts is gone as well.

Hardy I could see returning. He'd likely move into a starting Corner spot. The lack of Corner offers put out thus far seems to say we aren't losing all 3.
I would really like Potts to stay but I could see him moving on given the lack of reps. If Potts transferred, PITT would probably be a good place for him given their style of play.

Reactions: lazydave841
I would really like Potts to stay but I could see him moving on given the lack of reps. If Potts transferred, PITT would probably be a good place for him given their style of play.

I believe he only has his covid year left. We don't seem to carry a lot of covid year guys. That's my thinking about him being gone.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Should we have any interest in the Pitt DE? I think he was their sack leader.

tOSU RB Chip Trayanum in the portal.

Reactions: Psubiomed
tOSU RB Chip Trayanum in the portal.

If they don't "win the portal" so to say, they are in for a big downfall. I'm guessing this sounds like their big 3 are returning...?

Reactions: hazeydave

It would seem that way regarding not having offered any CB's (that are verified) but the staff may just be being selective. There will be loads of players announcing for the portal in the coming weeks.

I'm betting that Smith & Co. bring in a CB from the Portal. Sort of a wild card is the CB transfer they took last year, Collins from Miss St. I only saw him in games rarely and on one of the special teams appearances he got pretty chewed out from a screw up on the play. He was a redshirt freshman and will be in his 3rd college season but looked pretty skinny this season. Maybe a full year in the S&C makes him a more physical CB.

Dixon reportedly can't come back. Gotta be either King or Hardy to come back and lead the unit. If we looked at snap counts I believe we'd see the Hardy pretty mch played starter reps. Slot corners play lots of snaps and it seemed Hardy got some outside snaps as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: lazydave841
We definitely recruited him heavily and may have even gotten a verbal from him (can't recall exactly), but legal problems derailed the whole thing.
Botched in house Wawa stick up. Kids can do stupid things or at least hang out with stupid friends who involve them in stupid things.

Pass.

That DT has barely played. How does the staff evaluate him?
He's from MD so the staff undoubtedly looked closely at him coming out of H.S. and he likely attended camp(s) at PSU then.

The staff could also offer for him to come to PSU for a visit where they could work him out. Correct?

Interesting that both former DB commits Young (he of the Hoagie hold up) and Myles Hartsfield (he of the upperclassmen hazing upperclassmen howling at the moon while fondling and sodomizing freshmen) ended up at Ole Miss.

I teach high school. There is plenty of stupid stuff that the average high schooler does because they are immature. Then there is the stuff above. People can change and I hope these guys grew up...but I don't want to win with them on our team. Clearly Lane Kiffin disagrees...

Interesting that both former DB commits Young (he of the Hoagie hold up) and Myles Hartsfield (he of the upperclassmen hazing upperclassmen howling at the moon while fondling and sodomizing freshmen) ended up at Ole Miss.

I teach high school. There is plenty of stupid stuff that the average high schooler does because they are immature. Then there is the stuff above. People can change and I hope these guys grew up...but I don't want to win with them on our team. Clearly Lane Kiffin disagrees...
Oops...Hazing UNDERclassmen...dude was a team Captain. All time idiot moves by both Young and Hartsfield.

Just stop calling them and do what you do best James: Ivy league kickers and linemen

Kiffen does not disagree. Young was kicked off the team.

Well that’s a problem then ever since that’s what college became.
article in paper here about kid in portal from Cuse who initially said yes to Wisco and then backed out., he says repeatedly "talk to my agent.......my agent said........" about his recruitment. So was not even euphemistic about it, kid has agent who is negotiating his portal destination.........$$$$$$$$............

Just stop calling them and do what you do best James: Ivy league kickers and linemen
You're all over the place with CJF. You were done with him after OSU/UM, then you decided it was all MY's fault so you got back on board. Then you didn't really like the new OC hire, but then it turned out that you actually did like the OC hire. Now you're all over CJF about the transfer portal stuff which could be a legitimate gripe but maybe let it play out first.

Reactions: bison13 and royboy
aaron donald played at 290. jared odrick played at 290, Newton from Illinois is 295 and a first team all american. war daddy is a mentality. 330 lb guy can suck without it.
The supply of 330 lb guys with much in the way of quickness is also pretty limited. It's great to have an immovable object in the middle of the line, but you have to ask the question about how effective such a player can be on passing downs or against a team with a QB that can move and an offense that likes to spread things out. Some big guys can do it; a lot can't.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Seems like that if Diaz is the next Duke head coach that Peebles (Duke DT now in Portal) would seriously consider staying at Duke to play in Diaz' defense.

article in paper here about kid in portal from Cuse who initially said yes to Wisco and then backed out., he says repeatedly "talk to my agent.......my agent said........" about his recruitment. So was not even euphemistic about it, kid has agent who is negotiating his portal destination.........$$$$$$$$............
Forget about him. Don't need those types @ PSU.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
Will Norman, 2023 NJ 4 star DT, did enter the portal today. Seems like a player that would be a great addition to the roster, with 4 years of eligibility remaining.

Reactions: Psubiomed
Will Norman, 2023 NJ 4 star DT, did enter the portal today. Seems like a player that would be a great addition to the roster, with 4 years of eligibility remaining.
Just as sidebar. Sean Spencer who was let go as DL coach @ Florda is now the new DL coach @ Texas A&M under new HC Mike Elko with the departure of Elijah Robinson from. A&M.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT