ADVERTISEMENT

Powerade is packed like usual

I wouldn’t be surprised. He certainly has the chops to do that. The fact that our Lions don’t have a clear cut replacement for Dean also would tend to point towards that possibility. That could relieve the logjam that exists at lower weights and create more wrestling room for our next generation of hammers. If that happens, what do you think happens at 184?

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
Think the only way this happens is if Carter needs to move up. Think weight is a bit more of an issue for him than it is for Brooks
Was just thinking itd get Brooks closer to the Olympic weight he’ll go next year
I wouldn’t be surprised. He certainly has the chops to do that. The fact that our Lions don’t have a clear cut replacement for Dean also would tend to point towards that possibility. That could relieve the logjam that exists at lower weights and create more wrestling room for our next generation of hammers. If that happens, what do you think happens at 184?
Ball could AA imo

Reactions: hlstone
I could see AB jumping (and winning).
Carter seemed pretty adamant about wrestling 74 but that cut has too be tough. He needs the relief more than any of them.

Agree on Ball AA’ing.

Was secretly hoping Barr would take the NLWC shirt.

Reactions: jschrantz
No sound on Mat 1 for others?

Edit: back on for now.

Last edited:
How does Johnson give up that td? 6 seconds left on a restart and gets taken down. Crazy. Then in OT Perry hits his left handed headlock. He’s pretty damn good with that. Perry is very good. Super fundamentally sound but he can go long periods with no real urgency. That match he had no real urgency for 5:54. Amazing he pulled it out

How does Johnson give up that td? 6 seconds left on a restart and gets taken down. Crazy. Then in OT Perry hits his left handed headlock. He’s pretty damn good with that. Perry is very good. Super fundamentally sound but he can go long periods with no real urgency. That match he had no real urgency for 5:54. Amazing he pulled it out
Kind of chenzo like?

133Scott Johnson vs Dalton Perry
1st: Johnson up 2-0 after 1
2nd: Johnson 2-1
3rd: Johnson 3-1 late TD Perry 3-3 into OT
OT: TD and NF Perry wins 8-3!!!

Manville fall in 1:05
Perry knows how to win! Nasedo over Wentzel. They are both going to be great lions.

Deputy match was the best match of the night. I am scared how his corner will act if he wins tomorrow in the semis. JK that was a huge win for this young stud. I think it was his dad bear hugging people.

Manville is a machine. He is one bad dude. He big brother’ed a tough Magro. Which was the kid who beat Perry last year. M2 is doing some thing right.

Jax and Bo seem to be making each other better each time out. They were both on at the same time and it was wild how many points. Fun young talent with those two. Sealey is another guy who has a motor and can score. Lillehdal looked human and had a battle. Him and Jax will be another epic match. I am certain it will be the finale

Top seeded Shaw surprised me. That Joy kid is a Cornell kid I think.

Reactions: zzs006
Man, I like Donovan Ball. A real gamer who could start at a lot of schools. But I’m gonna have to see a lot more before I’m ready to say he could AA.
With you there. Ball reminds me of McCutcheon in that he probably can beat some AAs. But winning enough matches in one weekend to make the podium is a different endeavor.

I thought people were talking about it as a joke but it's legitimate serious discussions. Michael is not using Lehigh as a one year place holder before transferring back to PSU.

If AB doesn't move up then the spot is open (or maybe a transfer)

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
I was told Rune was driving himself to practice as a freshmen. Heard he’s pretty old for his grade. Pair that with not the highest ceiling of other top recruits, I can understand why he’s not a top priority. Feels like a kid that would do well at a Nebraska.

I was told Rune was driving himself to practice as a freshmen. Heard he’s pretty old for his grade. Pair that with not the highest ceiling of other top recruits, I can understand why he’s not a top priority. Feels like a kid that would do well at a Nebraska.
Assume he’ll follow his brother to Lehigh is Thayne stays there, though he’s struggled more than I expected.

Would put Rune in line to follow Beard even if there’s a year in between.

I like Rune but in limited exposure at the national level he’s struggled a bit. Still very talented on top but limited on his feet. My understanding is that PSU has interest but he may not be a priority.

There’s also a decent chance Zack Ryder grows into a 197 pounder. He’s young for his grade (2024) and his dad is a decent sized guy I believe.
This Ryder part reminds me of Levi who stayed around 160, but everyone's body is different

I watched the Deputy-Smith bout. Deputy is huge. He's extremely good, but also very big. Strength and attrition have a lot to do with the result of this bout. It looked to me like Smith was wearing down. And he obviously had injured his elbow.

That was the second bout at Powerade I saw that a kid gave up a takedown in the last second of a period. Deputy scored on the buzzer of period 2, and those two points kept him in the bout. Yesterday the same thing happened, but at the end of the 3rd period. That's one of those things I just don't get. How does one wrestle with high intensity throughout a bout, then relax in the last few seconds of a period? PSU kids have a habit of scoring at the end of a period.

Jax Forrest with another tech against Dan Jones 18-3. Jax reminds me so much of Nolf. Not stylistically but they are both so creative and create a ton of scoring opportunities. Both guys also don’t mind giving up a td or 2 because they know they will get them back. Jax is such a good scrambler and gets in crazy positions that he almost always wins. He’s definitely my favorite kid to watch in hs right now.
Nasdeo puts up a great fight against Lilledahl losing just 1-0. Can’t wait to watch round 3 of Jax vs Lilledahl
Dalton Perry looked good in his semifinal and wins 5-2 against Joy. Joy from Ohio is ranked 14th in the country and beat Shaw in the quarterfinals last night. Perry with 2 tds and an escape.

Vasquez with a big 1-0 win over Manville with the difference being a second period rideout. A mentioned earlier how crazy it was that Vasquez was the 5 seed while being ranked 6th in the country. Kid is very good and wrestles for Delbarton which has always produced top kids

• Wow
Reactions: mcpat and danoftw
Sealey with a controlling 7-3 win over Shawn Taylor which wasn’t near as close as the score. Sealey dominated the match in all positions. Taylor never came close to scoring an offensive point and Sealey pushed him all over the mat with hard hand fighting and a high pace. I can’t wait to see what he becomes once he gets in the PSU room full time. His finals opponent is Perentin who is ranked 11th in the country but somehow was unseeded?! How is that possible?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT