ADVERTISEMENT

Powerade is packed like usual

Jude Correa with a :47 fall in the semis! If Ryder or Barr can’t be the 197 of the future Correa is the kid that PSU should try and get. Only a sophomore but one of the best kids in the country in any weight class. Any ideas if he will be a 197 or does he have the frame to grow into a heavyweight? Either weight he should be someone PSU pursues hard. Kid is a beast. Has 4 matches so far and none have made it out of the first period. That is impressive

Last edited:
I'm amazed at how many low scoring defensive matches there are nowadays, especially involving top-level wrestlers. It just seems that modern wrestlers are so much better at positioning and hand fighting than "back in the day". I don't remember ever seeing 1-0 matches when I wrestled (I'm 58).

I'm amazed at how many low scoring defensive matches there are nowadays, especially involving top-level wrestlers. It just seems that modern wrestlers are so much better at positioning and hand fighting than "back in the day". I don't remember ever seeing 1-0 matches when I wrestled (I'm 58).
I think it was the 80s, maybe early 90s a Ruby kid from Indian Valley used to beat a Yoder kid from P-O 1-0. Ruby was a beast on top.

Reactions: PopSheetz
Jude Correa with a :47 fall in the semis! If Ryder or Barr can’t be the 197 of the future Correa is the kid that PSU should try and get. Only a sophomore but one of the best kids in the country in any weight class. Any ideas if he will be a 197 or does he have the frame to grow into a heavyweight? Either weight he should be someone PSU pursues hard. Kid is a beast. Has 4 matches so far and none have made it out of the first period. That is impressive
197 or HWT is the question.

FULL COURT PRESS !!!! Not a question.

Dellagatta in the finals should be a good test. Cornell commit, and beat Welsh last year.

Reactions: zzs006
It's well known that Cael doesn't really ask his hammers to go to a weight they don't feel best suited for to make it work with the other guys. His best guys go the weight they want for their personal goals and the rest figure it out. If AB and Star are going to wrestle for the team in an Olympic year rather than redshirt, it makes even more sense to just let them do what they prefer.

If Kerk, Brooks, Star are wrestling and we get jumps out of Van Ness and Haines, we'll do fine even with a few holes (or maybe transfers)

It's well known that Cael doesn't really ask his hammers to go to a weight they don't feel best suited for to make it work with the other guys. His best guys go the weight they want for their personal goals and the rest figure it out. If AB and Star are going to wrestle for the team in an Olympic year rather than redshirt, it makes even more sense to just let them do what they prefer.

If Kerk, Brooks, Star are wrestling and we get jumps out of Van Ness and Haines, we'll do fine even with a few holes (or maybe transfers)
I expect I big jump from Facundo as well. He’s just scratching the surface of what he will be

Man, I like Donovan Ball. A real gamer who could start at a lot of schools. But I’m gonna have to see a lot more before I’m ready to say he could AA.
Yeah. It’d be interesting to see what he could do on a full schedule. But without seeing that, it’s hard to predict an AA finish. I was slightly surprised to see in the Powerade archives that he was 2nd there. And of course, he was a PIAA AAA runner-up. So I think it’s not an impossible remark, but I’ve never seen him beat anyone that good enough to predict it either.

Bassett being given a match.

Edit: Lol. He’s up 11-4. But he gave up 2 back in a tilt. Then reversed to the other guy’s back before it was stopped for blood. Looked like it was headed somewhere when Bassett reversed.

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
Basset's Dad is in the crowd cheering. Not Bo's corner. Think that could be a good thing for the kid to separate his dad from his coaching during matches

There’s no score shown on the feed. Just said 15-7 with 34 secs to go in 2nd period. I really like Bassett’s reaction to giving up points. This kid is something. I know I’m the first to notice.

Reactions: creamery freak
Yeah. It’d be interesting to see what he could do on a full schedule. But without seeing that, it’s hard to predict an AA finish. I was slightly surprised to see in the Powerade archives that he was 2nd there. And of course, he was a PIAA AAA runner-up. So I think it’s not an impossible remark, but I’ve never seen him beat anyone that good enough to predict it either.
Yea, that was only me predicting Ball
As an AA, I got sick of reading about where Bo Bassett will go to college honestly

Sem the class of the tournament, can’t not root for Smokey McClure based on name only. NDGP wins the class AA title. Deputy beating Smith in the quarters an underrated upset. McCruit has some work to do, 2 high end wrestlers and not much else, 9th place finish with only 3 placers. They also had a 9th grader DQ’d out of the middle school division for being 16 — not a good look.

Reactions: danoftw
My takeaways:
We need Correa! Sem, Delbarton, and Ed’s are outstanding programs. All their kids come out and wrestle tough. Malvern & highland prep kids don’t have great character. Constantly throwing head gear and flipping out when they lose. Kids not making weight etc. i wasn’t overly impressed with Mullins. Kind of glad we didn’t get him. Nasedo wrestled Lilledahl good. Him and Jax were the best match of the night. I think Luke is a much better FS wrestler than Folk. Knox destroyed him in the WNO on top.

The kid Welsh wrestled was very jacked. Slowed Rocco down. Perry lost a heart breaker. Kid was so athletic. I agree with the above, NDGP is still the top group in AA. Next year Faith will take over. Mcruit has a few good wrestlers and two top kids. That’s not winning anything in PA. Bo and Jax both continue to impress but they are only worth 6 points each.

Damn I had to go to floarena for it but there it was pretty much exactly as I had it. Bassett tech fall over Gill like I thought and then Forrest beats lilledahl but it's close also like I thought.

Reactions: danoftw
Sem the class of the tournament, can’t not root for Smokey McClure based on name only. NDGP wins the class AA title. Deputy beating Smith in the quarters an underrated upset. McCruit has some work to do, 2 high end wrestlers and not much else, 9th place finish with only 3 placers. They also had a 9th grader DQ’d out of the middle school division for being 16 — not a good look.
Smokey McClure. Wears a leather hat that has holes in it. Always carrying something silver in his pocket. Spits tobacco juice when talking to you. Takes a bath on Sundays and funerals.

Best rivalry in high school right now?
First as a PSU fan that reads these results and so greatly appreciate those individuals that supply the information , I will admit I need to. See a list of incoming PSU recruits, the names tend to be become difficult to keep track of who is on board and those we want to recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT