ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting News

First contact day is Saturday, so he has yet to be called by Bobby Telford ... from the University of Iowa.

And the only thing to change was Taylor to OKST.

Therefore Iowa is the only reasonable conclusion.
Good thing you added that part or I and many others would be clueless :)

2016 PSU
#1-Mark Hall
#2-Nick Suriano

2015 ASU
#1-Zahid Valencia
#2-Anthony Valencia
(Cenzo was #3 (oops)

2013 and 2014 tOSU went back to back #1's with BoJo and Kyle.
Willie how about #1 and #2 from the same HS. That is crazy to me and not sure if that ever happened

You could say that about a lot of kids especially 30 years ago and some today. Sounds more like you don’t like the guy and are just finding the time to take a shot at him.
Don't know the guy personally I just watched him wrestle and tell it how he is. He's a crybaby. Hey maybe he grew up since then lmfso

• Wow
Reactions: buck170
Pennsylvania had 5 PA kids win Greco 15U Pan Am Titles today in El Salvador out of 10 total on the USA Team. That's impressive and they wrestle freestyle on Saturday.
Evan Restivo
Keegan Bassett (Bo's brother)
Chase Karenbauer
Matteo Gallegos
Mario Hutcherson

Last edited:
Reactions: goldenanimal
Don't know the guy personally I just watched him wrestle and tell it how he is. He's a crybaby. Hey maybe he grew up since then lmfso
Arguably one of the best coaches in D4 now and possibly ever. Muncy lost out on what he had building there. Your comment sound like sour grapes with him. Did he beat you or did his boys beat your boys? You know you wouldn’t say stuff like this to his face so why on here.

Why bring hate and negativity to this board.

• Haha
Reactions: USPMAN and jpsolo
I don’t think his Dad not being a PSU fan has anything to do with recruiting his son or not. He’s worked out there on numerous occasions. There is no problem with the coaches. I think it just has to do with fanhood. I know they fell in love with Rutgers. Obviously PSU isn’t in need of that weight range.
His dad does not like psu……Conner was never going to psu.

Arguably one of the best coaches in D4 now and possibly ever. Muncy lost out on what he had building there. Your comment sound like sour grapes with him. Did he beat you or did his boys beat your boys? You know you wouldn’t say stuff like this to his face so why on here.

Why bring hate and negativity to this board.
Holy shit let it go already it's just an opinion. I don't know the guy I just made a comment on how I thought he was back then and even Montgomery fans would tell you that. He was a really good wrestler and a good coach wtf it's an opinion just like yours or anyone else's. I'm not trying to be negative if your looking for that there's a lot more negative shit on here then what I commented. If you don't like what I wrote move on or ignore me it's just an OPINION. And to answer your question no Montgomery rarely beat warrior run back when he wrestled oh and by the way I did respond and say he probably grew up it's not like he was the only kid with a poor attitude that wrestled half our team was like that. Anyhow I'm moving along

I think (hope) we go all in for Bassett. We let Spencer get out of PA, we need to keep the Bo tradition going. My donor friend said he was in the room working hard with Zain.

I don’t see us getting Blaze. Outside shot for Forrest.

What about Reagan Milheim, Brock Rothermel and Brandt Harer. Have to be on our radar.

I'm not sure why the negativity regarding Blaze. There's plenty of time to put bags together.

Holy shit let it go already it's just an opinion. I don't know the guy I just made a comment on how I thought he was back then and even Montgomery fans would tell you that. He was a really good wrestler and a good coach wtf it's an opinion just like yours or anyone else's. I'm not trying to be negative if your looking for that there's a lot more negative shit on here then what I commented. If you don't like what I wrote move on or ignore me it's just an OPINION. And to answer your question no Montgomery rarely beat warrior run back when he wrestled oh and by the way I did respond and say he probably grew up it's not like he was the only kid with a poor attitude that wrestled half our team was like that. Anyhow I'm moving along
Thank you District four, we need to stick together. D4 vs everyone

• Sad
Reactions: Agoodnap
I think (hope) we go all in for Bassett. We let Spencer get out of PA, we need to keep the Bo tradition going. My donor friend said he was in the room working hard with Zain.

I don’t see us getting Blaze. Outside shot for Forrest.

What about Reagan Milheim, Brock Rothermel and Brandt Harer. Have to be on our radar.
I don't think you have to worry about Cael going all in for Bassett. If he doesn't come here, it just wasn't meant to be.

It seems a lot of people have written off Blaze since the iron wasn't struck when it was hot (it seemed a commitment was imminent at one point and it didn't happen) But if he was close at one point, I wouldn't rule out Cael reclosing the deal when he fits so well.

Forrest I've written off a while ago, even before DT hiring. Have to remember he isn't a PA kid born and bred and always seemed enamored with doing something different than just going to PSU. He doesn't seem to even spend much time at NLWC anymore compared to Bo who still seems to live here.

Reactions: Ja1339
We're obviously in luxury recruiting mold but Blaze in 2025 and 2026 fits it well.

I feel very comfortable with Desmond/Lilledahl manning 125/133 for a long time. Nate has jumped levels every time I watched and just went toe to toe with Jax in free (when I think he's a better folk wrestler) 141, we could have Braeden Davis there from 2026-2029 also but I know Marcus Blaze is the big priority there for a reason, he's such a special talent. We also could have a year of Nagao there after Bartlett graduates if Davis isn't big enough yet. I imagine Cael goes all in for Forrest at 141 also.

149, we have SVN for 2 more years and it's just a perfect transition to Bassett to start as a true freshman, I know Shayne could ask for a medshirt year but I wouldn't be shocked if he moves onto free or other interests with his health history. I think Kasak outgrows 149 anyways. 157 and up there is such an insane jam it would be pointless to talk about needs.

Then it comes down to 285, I know some are iffy on bigger Mirasola's potential but it seems Cael is equally high on Cole's potential as Connor's (brothers alluded to that as being a huge reason they loved PSU so much) It will take time for him to add weight then adjust to being a bigger guy but I can see him eventually being an Anthony Cassar type and ... yeah we'd be good then. I imagine Cael will inquire about junior Mocco's interest but if anything it might make sense to wait for the 2028 class one lol.

Reactions: Jplions4 and Ja1339
We're obviously in luxury recruiting mold but Blaze in 2025 and 2026 fits it well.

I feel very comfortable with Desmond/Lilledahl manning 125/133 for a long time. Nate has jumped levels every time I watched and just went toe to toe with Jax in free (when I think he's a better folk wrestler) 141, we could have Braeden Davis there from 2026-2029 also but I know Marcus Blaze is the big priority there for a reason, he's such a special talent. We also could have a year of Nagao there after Bartlett graduates if Davis isn't big enough yet. I imagine Cael goes all in for Forrest at 141 also.

149, we have SVN for 2 more years and it's just a perfect transition to Bassett to start as a true freshman, I know Shayne could ask for a medshirt year but I wouldn't be shocked if he moves onto free or other interests with his health history. I think Kasak outgrows 149 anyways. 157 and up there is such an insane jam it would be pointless to talk about needs.

Then it comes down to 285, I know some are iffy on bigger Mirasola's potential but it seems Cael is equally high on Cole's potential as Connor's (brothers alluded to that as being a huge reason they loved PSU so much) It will take time for him to add weight then adjust to being a bigger guy but I can see him eventually being an Anthony Cassar type and ... yeah we'd be good then. I imagine Cael will inquire about junior Mocco's interest but if anything it might make sense to wait for the 2028 class one lol.
Which is the 2028 class? Is that the 8th graders going into 9th grade right now?

I love looking into that long term with current 9th graders. Does anyone come to mind in PA that could be a potential next impact big guy for PSU?
In PA? Bechtold is the 4th HWT nationally in 2026, top 20 overall, and seems to be on an upward trajectory. Mocco is ahead of him, having beaten Bechtold at U17 finals last month.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cael look into 2026 HWT no matter how much he likes Mirasola. He had Correa in for an official visit last fall.

For 2027, the only PA guy who right now looks like maybe he could be a candidate is Roman Thompson from Pittsburgh Central Catholic. This year he was SW-3, DNP at Hershey at AAA 189 (but injury defaulted in the blood round). He pinned the eventual S3 in the regular season, but take that with a grain of salt, AAA 189 was a 2-man field this year. Anyway, Thompson is a 2x PJW state champ, so there's potential, but he'd have to grow and develop more to be a realistic PSU candidate.

Only 2 other freshmen state qualifiers above 152 this year. Neither is a candidate to start at PSU HWT in the future, no matter how hard you squint. Unless some significant prospect was blocked by a top starter, that's it.

For 2028 and beyond? Who knows.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
In PA? Bechtold is the 4th HWT nationally in 2026, top 20 overall, and seems to be on an upward trajectory. Mocco is ahead of him, having beaten Bechtold at U17 finals last month.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cael look into 2026 HWT no matter how much he likes Mirasola. He had Correa in for an official visit last fall.

For 2027, the only PA guy who right now looks like maybe he could be a candidate is Roman Thompson from Pittsburgh Central Catholic. This year he was SW-3, DNP at Hershey at AAA 189 (but injury defaulted in the blood round). He pinned the eventual S3 in the regular season, but take that with a grain of salt, AAA 189 was a 2-man field this year. Anyway, Thompson is a 2x PJW state champ, so there's potential, but he'd have to grow and develop more to be a realistic PSU candidate.

Only 2 other freshmen state qualifiers above 152 this year. Neither is a candidate to start at PSU HWT in the future, no matter how hard you squint. Unless some significant prospect was blocked by a top starter, that's it.

For 2028 and beyond? Who knows.
I've heard Thompson may not even wrestle anymore due to football. He is talented but not sure how much more he will grow. His brothers were not really that big. Bechtold had a great season and is on the up. Only kid in 2028 I can think of is Mario Hutcherson. Him and Fred Bachmann are the two best kids by far in that class. Although Hutcherson I could see being a 197lb. I seen him a couple times this year and he is special. Bechtold may be the answer. They could develop him into an AA.

there's a kid from Dubois named Kendahl Hoare that's very good as an upperweight incoming FR.

a lot of incoming FR talent across the board in PA this year.

in JR High National rankings the Top 2 at 157 are from PA (Hucherson & Almedina) and the Top 2 at HWT are from PA (Hoare and Hetrick)
@smalls103 where do you project Hutcherson size in college? Hutcherson is a killer. I seen the Hoare kid at PA middle school states and he was pretty athletic for a big kid. I haven't seen much of the Hetrick kid. Almadenia(spelling) is very good also and explosive. Any word on Roman Thompson with him being big in football?

Hoare (pronounced “oar”) is my college coach’s son. He’s got a younger brother named Brogan who is a grade behind him and talented, but not as good as Kendahl. Kendahl’s dad wrestled for Clarion in college and his uncle Chad wrestled for Bloomsburg. Chad was a 2x PSAC champ at 197lbs and was a NQ in ‘05

Warrior Run. Enough said. Got it. Makes sense.

in additional to Kendahl Hoare, there's a couple other notable Bloom connections from our cohort at the time.

I lived with Hunter Guenot - he was a couple time NCAA Qualifier (2x state runner up). his son Tanner placed 5th this year at the state tournament.

Another roommate - Cassidy Shultz (NCAA Qual from Wyalusing) is the stepfather of the Benyo boys who are ranked in JH nationally and on this weekends Cadet Team.

I thought this thread was supposed to have meaningful PSU only recruiting info? Don't polute the sticky threads with sensless banter, that's what the rest of this board is for. :-/

PS - when I was kid I knew Alfred E. Newman!
What, me worry?

in additional to Kendahl Hoare, there's a couple other notable Bloom connections from our cohort at the time.

I lived with Hunter Guenot - he was a couple time NCAA Qualifier (2x state runner up). his son Tanner placed 5th this year at the state tournament.

Another roommate - Cassidy Shultz (NCAA Qual from Wyalusing) is the stepfather of the Benyo boys who are ranked in JH nationally and on this weekends Cadet Team.
Hunter was a tough son of a gun

Reactions: smalls103
I thought this thread was supposed to have meaningful PSU only recruiting info? Don't polute the sticky threads with sensless banter, that's what the rest of this board is for. :-/

PS - when I was kid I knew Alfred E. Newman!

PSU has stopped recruiting you. Feel better?? Go to flo or matscouts commitment lists if that is all you want.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
@smalls103 where do you project Hutcherson size in college? Hutcherson is a killer. I seen the Hoare kid at PA middle school states and he was pretty athletic for a big kid. I haven't seen much of the Hetrick kid. Almadenia(spelling) is very good also and explosive. Any word on Roman Thompson with him being big in football?
Speaking of Hutcherson, noting that his dad did not call him the Hawk of All Hawks, nor the Buck of All Bucks.

How big do people think Melvin Miller is going to get? His freshman year he won super 32 at 144, states at 152 and made the cadet team at 157(71kg). He is obviously still growing and has a much less compact frame than the Gibson's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT