ADVERTISEMENT

Questions for the baseball fans here: Will the Pirate win again this season??

Frankly, I'm tired of them trading established MLB players like Cole, Taillon, Bell, Musgrove, etc., for propects, most of whom never develop into anything; I've seen enough of that. At some point, you have to start to play to win now than worry about the future. The Pirates now have enough high end prospects, including three minor league starting pitchers, whom they can use to get established MLB players who actually can help the MLB team now rather than worrying about constantly restocking their minor league teams.

Last season, the NL team that made it to the World Series finished with a grand total of six more wins than the Pirates, and that team plays in the same division as the Dodgers. The Pirates play in a mediocre to below average division with hardly any big spending teams that is there for the taking if they make some shrewd moves.
Well, they have a team of meatheads. Baltimore’s system is the very best in MLB. They have “prospects” who could easily start on most teams…they are winners and they play baseball tne right way.

Pittsburgh could have traded Keller last year for several of those “prospects” (some are now starting in Baltimore and fielded a major league team.

You can not field a team with just Skenes ( who is untouchable). Ask the Angels.

Reactions: bison13
Cardinals come up short in a hard fought game that went down to the wire, so RAISE IT!
Animation Flag GIF by Patrick Smith

I’ve seen multiple mentions of the Pirates should have made a trade with Baltimore for prospects, but this one:
Keller is their #1 but I would have traded Keller for Joey Ortiz, Kjerstad and the Round 1 pick like what they gave MIlwaukee, thats basically what was offered last year….
what proof is there that Baltimore was offering the Pirates “basically what was offered” to Milwaukee?

Why world the Orioles give up the same type players for Keller that they did for Burnes? Not one of Keller’s three (partial/full) seasons had been close the worst of Burnes’ three years.

I’ve seen multiple mentions of the Pirates should have made a trade with Baltimore for prospects, but this one:

what proof is there that Baltimore was offering the Pirates “basically what was offered” to Milwaukee?

Why world the Orioles give up the same type players for Keller that they did for Burnes? Not one of Keller’s three (partial/full) seasons had been close the worst of Burnes’ three years.
Living in Baltimore and having friends who work in the warehouse. Burnes is only signed through this year, so possibly a full year rental. Keller has a cheap contract moving forward.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
I got to meet Dock at doubleday farm in perry county about 20 years ago. A buddy of mine was a guy they'd call to help fill out 2 teams to play the game with a former MLB guy and I filled in as well a few times. Dock was a great guy. He became a drug counselor at prison in California. Most of the players were engaging. Tommy John was not. He didn't want to be bothered. He had pitched in the mlb all star old timers game the weekend before and wore that jersey.

This lineup is pathetic. 3 of the best pitchers in the National league and a double a batting lineup. #Nutting

This lineup is pathetic. 3 of the best pitchers in the National league and a double a batting lineup. #Nutting
And a middling team overall ERA…so they must have some lousy pitchers too. They have a better record than 3 NL teams - so give them that…progress.

Wonder when Skenes will be in Dodger blue or Pinstripes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT