ADVERTISEMENT

Questions for the baseball fans here: Will the Pirate win again this season??

Holderman tried to let the Sox back in it.

If they can sweep they will be 500 at the break, a couple games out of the wild card. If they can get a bat or if a couple of their normal guys actually start to hit the ball they have a chance. Unfortunately, I see neither happening. I do like Bart as the solution at C though, Grandal can hit the bricks.
Hoping like heck you are wrong, Bison. L⚾L

Success breeds success, and my guess is Skenes' only goal is not about his own stats or being a rookie All-Star Game starter. He has his eyes on the prize.

Hoping like heck you are wrong, Bison. L⚾L

Success breeds success, and my guess is Skenes' only goal is not about his own stats or being a rookie All-Star Game starter. He has his eyes on the prize.
He may, but his teammates don’t have enough talent

Reactions: joeaubie21
The question is, how long before Skenes abandons ship?
With pre and regular arbitration, it is my understanding that the Bucs have Skenes under contract for 6 years.

IMHO, Skenes is a generational talent perhaps in the mold of a Mario Lemieux.

Imagine if the Pens parted ways with Mario after 6 seasons.

The economics of baseball just aren't right.

Because as long as: '......there's money for Nutting.....

......the Bucs will be championship free.....'

Having said all of that, I'm anxiously anticipating watching him perform at the All-Star Game!

This thread has been crazy quiet…., just as Pirates go over .500? A crazy come-from-behind win last Sunday. Cruz really blew a game. Then goes five/five,

And what about the trades at the deadline? Good or bad?

Reactions: bison13
This thread has been crazy quiet…., just as Pirates go over .500? A crazy come-from-behind win last Sunday. Cruz really blew a game. Then goes five/five,

And what about the trades at the deadline? Good or bad?
They’ll probably finish about two games on either side of .500; they’re consistent in not being able to put together the necessary long winning streaks to make the playoffs, but also in avoiding any long losing streaks just to make things interesting. My guess is that the Braves, Padres and Arizona make the wild card, and the Pirates finish in third place in their division.

IMO, the trades won’t hurt and had to be made, but it’s unfortunate that they had to be made because of injuries and the total lost seasons for Hayes and Suwinski. Also, they traded a veteran starter for an 18 year old Dominican player who probably doesn’t know how to play baseball (see Cruz as an example of that).

Reactions: bison13
I’d give them a B for the trades. They needed a couple bats and they got them even though they weren’t big-time ones. They got an extra couple arms to help in the bullpen their quality guys in the Farm system.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT