ADVERTISEMENT

Raise your hand if you had 10-2 this season...

...yep. nobody...just like I thought.

I am critical of Franklin when he fails but this season is a total success. Credit to Franklin and this staff and these players!

Wait a minute, you had Penn State losing to Purdue, Auburn, Minnesota, and Indiana. Right, Gunsie??

Have you now officially retired DelcoLion915 and Parkerdam555, or are they coming back next season??

Wait a minute, you had Penn State losing to Purdue, Auburn, Minnesota, and Indiana. Right, Gunsie??

Have you now officially retired DelcoLion915 and Parkerdam555, or are they coming back next season??

Are gunsie and Bushy separate posters? Lol

I've said before, a 10-2 season should be our minimum expectation. No great celebration is due when UM crushes us and we Tank in the 4th Q (again) against OSU.

This is not a great team. Sorry.

Me Please Question GIF by Astrid and Lilly Save The World

Looking at the schedule how did anyone not?

I've said before, a 10-2 season should be our minimum expectation. No great celebration is due when UM crushes us and we Tank in the 4th Q (again) against OSU.

You need to head back to the Lions Den to obsess over recruiting, NITTANYJGK.

Nobody said this was a great team. Pay attention.

This is not a great team. This was a good team that won and lost games exactly per its capabilities. 2022 exceeded all of our expectations. This outstanding freshman class will win a lot of games over the next few years! Carter looks to be the next Arrington or Parsons!

IIRC the general consensus was 8-4 or 9-3. A few had 7-5 and 11-1. A fair amount said 10-2.

The differentiating factor was that most expected Auburn and Michigan State to have a pulse this year but both were down.

Last edited:
For anyone who notes that PSU just beat the teams they were supposed to beat this season, I note that already this week there are four ranked teams that have lost to unranked teams, and we haven't even finished the night games yet. Also, two top ten teams lost to teams outside of the top ten.

There is something to be said for beating the teams below you in the standings/rankings. It is especially important for a young PSU team that overcame the negative trend of the last two seasons.

IIRC the general consensus was 8-4 or 9-3. A few had 7-5. A fair amount said 10-2 with a few saying 11-1 (with a split between OSU and Michigan).

The differentiating factor was most expected Auburn and Michigan State to have a pulse this year but both were down.
Because people overrated Auburn

For anyone who notes that PSU just beat the teams they were supposed to beat this season, I note that already this week there are four ranked teams that have lost to unranked teams, and we haven't even finished the night games yet. Also, two top ten teams lost to teams outside of the top ten.

There is something to be said for beating the teams below you in the standings/rankings. It is especially important for a young PSU team that overcame the negative trend of the last two seasons.

It's unimpressive...until it's a hanging offense.

Reactions: OzLion
Because people overrated Auburn
True. Auburn and Michigan State were the 2 teams that caused the split in predictions. Both had poor seasons and were the difference in the record.

The rest of the schedule was predictable as the Big Ten is frankly weak outside the top 3 programs. IIRC, only a handful of posters called a split with OSU/ Michigan.

But none of those teams are the dominating dynasty we’ve been for the past 30 years (until Franklin came and screwed it all up) (sarcasm by the way).

We deserve better!

Ok, not a great team, please tell me who is a great team ? It may be USC? , possibly Michigan?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT