ADVERTISEMENT

Refs Strike Again at Michigan

You're absolutely insane. You've never once been proven correct about anything we've discussed, and this is no different. In fact, most times you don't even try to support your failed arguments, you just hope repeating the same unsupported assertion over and over again will wear me out and I'll go away without you having to admit you were wrong.
Again, they never said the call was wrong. We all know that but you won't admit it. Just admit it.
You always claim I don't support things but I always do--see the quotes where you only argue semantics because you have nothing else.
Great attorney you are

You finally said something that was correct, and with which everyone on this board can agree.
Exactly--you don't have an argument so this is what you resort to
If you think I'm the idiot--it just makes me that much more confident because you don't have a clue
We all know the Big Ten didn't admit or acknowledge the call was wrong--their statement says literally nothing about the Minnesota-Michigan game
I'm guessing your time as a public defender is just resulting in innocent people spending their lives in jail since you can't read.

What part of "the flag should not have been thrown" confuses you? It is crystal clear you are confused by it.

The Big Ten and I agree the flag should not have been thrown - meaning, it wasn't a penalty. It's a fact. It was the wrong call. One needn't say "it was the wrong call" for them to believe it was the wrong call. Instead they can say "they shouldn't have thrown the flag." It's equivalent to everyone............ but you..... lol....

It was the wrong call. Duh.

I'm seeing other posts of his where others respond to him where he's back on his lunacy of saying the B1G Statement doesn't specifically state "wrong call" as if the Coordinator of Officials, Bill Carullo, stating unequivocally that "the flag should not have been thrown" (and we've taken steps to ensure it doesn't happen again - i.e., changes to Officiating Mechanics on Kickoffs) to PJ Fleck doesn't mean the exact same thing??? This douche really has issues - first posing a PSU fan to aid his trolling.... and now his latest dish of altered-reality lunacy.

You've been telling me all day they said they were wrong. Do you need those quotes?
They don't need to confirm a call--they need to advise if it was wrong
Noticed how your argument changed because you lost
I changed nothing. Just clarity.
You cannot say that they said the call was correct, as you want to believe. I will tell you why they will not say the call was either correct or incorrect, they are weasels just like you. The b1g suits have a history of not taking accountability for the actions of their incompetent officials. They are politicians and use word salad to avoid clarity just like you.

You cannot say that they said the call was correct, as you want to believe. I will tell you why they will not say the call was either correct or incorrect, they are weasels just like you. The b1g suits have a history of not taking accountability for the actions of their incompetent officials. They are politicians and use word salad to avoid clarity just like you.
You did change your argument--do you want all your quotes saying the Big Ten admitted it was wrong?
Now you're saying they didn't say that after telling me repeatedly that they did--you want all of them because I'm smart enough to quote your nonsense so I have it?
The Big Ten never said that call was wrong--so why do you keep saying they agree with you? They never have and you know it. See this rant about them.
I'm sorry you hate the Big Ten and can't accept that the entire time me saying "The Big Ten never said that call was wrong" was correct
Words matter--and yes they pick them carefully unlike you
Lando was right--shocking

All except for the fact that the Coordinator of B1G Officials, Bill Carullo, told PJ Fleck "the flag should not have been thrown" and that he's taken action to ensure it will not happen again - statements 100% consistent with the B1G Statement which references that changes to the Officiating Mechanics have been made to ensure the "correct" call is "consistently made" in the future (IOW, the changes were made to the Officiating Mechanics to ensure that incorrect officiating judgement is not applied in the future).

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
All except for the fact that the Coordinator of B1G Officials, Bill Carullo, told PJ Fleck "the flag should not have been thrown" and that he's taken action to ensure it will not happen again - statements 100% consistent with the B1G Statement which references that changes to the Officiating Mechanics have been made to ensure the "correct" call is "consistently made" in the future (IOW, the changes were made to the Officiating Mechanics to ensure that incorrect officiating judgement is not applied in the future).
This quote, predictably, doesn't exist
Link it..

Exactly--you don't have an argument so this is what you resort to
If you think I'm the idiot--it just makes me that much more confident because you don't have a clue
We all know the Big Ten didn't admit or acknowledge the call was wrong--their statement says literally nothing about the Minnesota-Michigan game
I'm guessing your time as a public defender is just resulting in innocent people spending their lives in jail since you can't read.

I've laid out my argument many times, and you haven't been able to refute it. So now I can just sit back and mock you for being you.

The coordinator of officials admitted the call was wrong, and the conference changed their procedural rules for officiating to help ensure the officials were in the proper place to not make the same mistake again, going forward.

During this process of you once again being thrashed on the merits, you even had to change your argument from "it was the correct call and they said so" to "they didn't use the words 'it was wrong' therefore, you can't say it was wrong."

And you still failed at that. Usually you don't even try to defend your arguments - you just repeat nonsense until everyone is bored with you ... this time, you tried, and you still couldn't manage to further your argument (even after you changed it).

Stay away from children. You are obviously not well.

You did change your argument--do you want all your quotes saying the Big Ten admitted it was wrong?
Now you're saying they didn't say that after telling me repeatedly that they did--you want all of them because I'm smart enough to quote your nonsense so I have it?
The Big Ten never said that call was wrong--so why do you keep saying they agree with you? They never have and you know it. See this rant about them.
I'm sorry you hate the Big Ten and can't accept that the entire time me saying "The Big Ten never said that call was wrong" was correct
Words matter--and yes they pick them carefully unlike you
Lando was right--shocking
You are insufferable.
The incompetent big 10 official on the field was wrong. The suits changed protocol on officiating to allow a second opinion in case the one official muffs again which he did.
Now the call was either right or wrong. The weasels do not commit to a right or wrong call, just change the protocol to reduce the probability of another wrong call.

I've laid out my argument many times, and you haven't been able to refute it. So now I can just sit back and mock you for being you.

The coordinator of officials admitted the call was wrong, and the conference changed their procedural rules for officiating to help ensure the officials were in the proper place to not make the same mistake again, going forward.

Stay away from children. You are obviously not well.
Link it--link the official statement
You know the Big Ten would never ever say that--ever
If "the coordinator of officials" did that he'll be looking for a new job in a few months if not sooner
There's nothing in any statement available saying that.
I'm guessing you aren't allowed near playgrounds or schools

You are insufferable.
The incompetent big 10 official on the field was wrong. The suits changed protocol on officiating to allow a second opinion in case the one official muffs again which he did.
Now the call was either right or wrong. The weasels do not commit to a right or wrong call, just change the protocol to reduce the probability of another wrong call.
So now you admit they didn't admit it was wrong after all day saying they agreed with you and said it was wrong?
All day you've been using quotes saying they admitted it was wrong--what happened?

Another link

Though the play did prompt a review and rule change from the Big Ten, the conference did not confirm whether the call was wrong.

I can do this all day--every article say something to the effect "The Big Ten did not admit the call was wrong"

WE ALL KNOW THIS but I'm the idiot

Yes, you are the idiot. Let the actions speak the words you seem to need to hear.............

During the FOX broadcast of Saturday's game, rules analyst Mike Pereira said he didn't think Kingsbury was offsides. The play was not reviewable and could not be challenged.

The Big Ten later admitted that there was an officiating mistake on the play, saying it was "too tight" to throw a flag in that situation.

The conference also confirmed in a statement that it had received immediate approval for an officiating alignment change on onside kicks. Now, the head line judge and line judge will need to be positioned on the 35-yard line of the kicking team — meaning there will be two views down the line.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
So now you admit they didn't admit it was wrong after all day saying they agreed with you and said it was wrong?
All day you've been using quotes saying they admitted it was wrong--what happened?
Their actions say it was wrong. Where do they say it was a good correct call? Betcha can't.
You can just provide post numbers where I was using quotes saying they admitted the call was wrong. Betcha can't.

Their actions say it was wrong. Where do they say it was a good correct call? Betcha can't.
You can just provide post numbers where I was using quotes saying they admitted the call was wrong. Betcha can't.
Because they never say a call was good--there's no need

You are insufferable.

Here's another article:

https://www.startribune.com/gophers...s-call-officiating-pj-fleck-big-ten/601154718

This is a word-for-word excerpt of the subtitle:

Coach P.J. Fleck said the Big Ten acknowledged its mistake on Saturday’s onside kick, and the Big Ten went on to change its officiating tactics.

Gee, I'm pretty sure that says PJ Fleck was told exactly what you've been saying and douche troll-boy just blithely ignores in favor of repeating his altered-reality bullshit.

Yes, you are the idiot. Let the actions speak the words you seem to need to hear.............

During the FOX broadcast of Saturday's game, rules analyst Mike Pereira said he didn't think Kingsbury was offsides. The play was not reviewable and could not be challenged.

The Big Ten later admitted that there was an officiating mistake on the play, saying it was "too tight" to throw a flag in that situation.

The conference also confirmed in a statement that it had received immediate approval for an officiating alignment change on onside kicks. Now, the head line judge and line judge will need to be positioned on the 35-yard line of the kicking team — meaning there will be two views down the line.
Pereira used the word "think" in that which means nothing and he couldn't decide if it was or wasn't correct.
The bold is just your words--nowhere is that admitting a mistake
Your final paragraph is all that actually happened

Here's another article:

https://www.startribune.com/gophers...s-call-officiating-pj-fleck-big-ten/601154718

This is a word-for-word excerpt of the subtitle:

Gee, I'm pretty sure that says PJ Fleck was told exactly what you've been saying and douche troll-boy just blithely ignores in favor of repeating his altered-reality bullshit.
Fleck doesn't speak for the league. He's using words he wants too.
The league hasn't even said "too tight"--just how Fleck took it

The more you all say the more you prove me right
So now the league has never said they were wrong (because they're politicians apparently) and "too tight" is how Fleck is explaining what he was told and nothing from the league on that
We have a rule change--that's it
Wow--I try too hard--should just let CJF and m.knox make my arguments for me.
Got You Win GIF by CBS

Because they never say a call was good--there's no need
Because they are gutless weasels. An action that requires a protocol change demands clarity. But that would be risky when another bad call occurs and it will without calling out egregious bad calls.

Because they are gutless weasels. An action that recalls a protocol change demands clarity. But that would be risky when another bad call occurs and it will without calling out egregious bad calls.
They're gutless weasels. I'm okay with that argument.
I'm not okay with people falsely saying that the league admitted they were wrong or the league said it was "too tight to call" . Fleck made the second statement and the first doesn't exist anywhere maybe because they're gutless weasels.
The league has yet to admit the call was wrong and, I think we'll agree here, even if it was they won't do that

The bottom line is it was a bad call. Mike Peria is saying this when he says it was not offsides. Don't get lost in the minutia. The overarching fact is Michigan benefitted from a bad call which means a wrong incorrect decision by the official to throw the flag. "Too tight to call" is what that means. They made a mistake in penalizing Minny and helping Michigan. That is clearly the bottom line. Very simple and straightforward. This was the intent of my original post and still stands true now 72 hours after the fact.

Reactions: summitlion1
They're gutless weasels. I'm okay with that argument.
I'm not okay with people falsely saying that the league admitted they were wrong or the league said it was "too tight to call" . Fleck made the second statement and the first doesn't exist anywhere maybe because they're gutless weasels.
The league has yet to admit the call was wrong and, I think we'll agree here, even if it was they won't do that
You have one ofthe foremost experts in officiating saying it was the wrong call when he says it was not offsides. End of story. Done.

You have one ofthe foremost experts in officiating saying it was the wrong call when he says it was not offsides. End of story. Done.
He didn't. He said "think" which means he's not sure.
People need to listen to what is said
The lies in this thread to try to convince yourselves that the Big Ten is fixing things for Michigan and Ohio State is just comical

Just so we can all move on...facts as of 7pm on 10/1

--The Big Ten didn't admit they were wrong (arguably because they're weasels)
--The Big Ten didn't say "too tight to flag". That's a statement from Fleck as to what he claims he was told.
--The Big Ten issued a statement changing a rule with no reference to Minnesota or Michigan

Facts. I know they're tough to accept when you've created fan fiction about what happened.

We can just list apologies below with the words "Lando was right again"

Last edited:
Poor Lando has gone, in 7 pages of words vomited on the virtual page, from claiming Minnesota was definitely and inarguably offside to now trying to claim it hasn't been affirmed as a bad call because the Big Ten didn't say "this was wrong."

All this despite everyone being able to see, initially, that no one was definitively offside and then everyone being able to understand the various interested parties' words and actions are clear admissions they messed up the call.

That's how desperate for attention that poor guy is.

He's always on the losing side, and always claiming victory.

Poor Lando has gone, in 7 pages of words vomited on the virtual page, from claiming Minnesota was definitely and inarguably offside to now trying to claim it hasn't been affirmed as a bad call because the Big Ten didn't say "this was wrong."

All this despite everyone being able to see, initially, that no one was definitively offside and then everyone being able to understand the various interested parties' words and actions are clear admissions they messed up the call.

So, we're not accepting facts
They were offside--the call was correct
I'm not the one desperate for attention--while I was working you all literally claimed I stopped responding because I was wrong?
Do you want me to quote everything you said in this thread that was made up. The Big Ten saying the wrong, the Big Ten saying it was "too tight to flag", then you falsely attacking me for, predictably being right.
It's your MO. Stick with Kaspy who you're actually smarter than

Pereira used the word "think" in that which means nothing and he couldn't decide if it was or wasn't correct.
The bold is just your words--nowhere is that admitting a mistake
Your final paragraph is all that actually happened

Oh, so the ref who had the rules changed because of his bad call "thought" that the guy was offsides when almost everyone with the exception of you thinks otherwise... LMFAO...

Dear God........ You are priceless.

A masterclass in antilogic... brought to you by mkilvanick. BWHAHAHAHA.

Oh, so the ref who had the rules changed because of his bad call "thought" that the guy was offsides when almost everyone with the exception of you thinks otherwise... LMFAO...

Dear God........ You are priceless.

A masterclass in antilogic... brought to you by mkilvanick. BWHAHAHAHA.
Sure--you can say that the call that made the call "thought" he was offside but no one has said it was a bad call other than Fleck and his opinion is all that matters
No clue what or who mkilvanick is--is that supposed to be an insult using a prior poster?
What anti logic?

Sure--you can say that the call that made the call "thought" he was offside but no one has said it was a bad call other than Fleck and his opinion is all that matters
No clue what or who mkilvanick is--is that supposed to be an insult using a prior poster?
What anti logic?

The head of the Big Ten said it was a bad call. He just didn't use the words "bad call" that you seem to latch on to..

Man, you have to be the life of the party. Just like mkilvanick.

The head of the Big Ten said it was a bad call. He just didn't use the words "bad call" that you seem to latch on to..

Man, you have to be the life of the party. Just like mkilvanick.
No, he didn't. You're quoting something Fleck claims he said. At no point has he said anything about the game. Not a single word. Fact
We have no idea what he said or thinks
I'm still loss this mkilwhatever thing though I would have liked them apparently if they saw through your nonsense.

No, he didn't. You're quoting something Fleck claims he said. At no point has he said anything about the game. Not a single word. Fact
We have no idea what he said or thinks
I'm still loss this mkilwhatever thing though I would have liked them apparently if they saw through your nonsense.

Yes he did. You are being dumb now... lol...

Ok, I lied, you've been dumb since Saturday when THE BAD CALL happened.

So your claim to fame is that PJ Fleck misrepresented Tony Petitti, and the Big Ten is going to let him get away with it.................. BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA....

Oh God, please keep posting.

Yes he did. You are being dumb now... lol...

Ok, I lied, you've been dumb since Saturday when THE BAD CALL happened.

So your claim to fame is that PJ Fleck misrepresented Tony Petitti, and the Big Ten is going to let him get away with it.................. BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA....

Oh God, please keep posting.
He did? Where and when?
The call remains correct
Coaches misrepresent things all the time. They're not adding any drams to the situation and will handle appropriately.
Again, none of the facts are on your side which is why you keep altering the discussion.
The Big Ten did not admit an error. The Big Ten has not said it was "too tight to flag" as that was Fleck. The Big Ten issued their statement without mentioning the game.
You can bash me all you want but I'm the one dealing with what actually happened

He did? Where and when?
The call remains correct
Coaches misrepresent things all the time. They're not adding any drams to the situation and will handle appropriately.
Again, none of the facts are on your side which is why you keep altering the discussion.
The Big Ten did not admit an error. The Big Ten has not said it was "too tight to flag" as that was Fleck. The Big Ten issued their statement without mentioning the game.
You can bash me all you want but I'm the one dealing with what actually happened

The call is so correct the Big Ten changed the rules on how it is officiated....

LMFAO... You've been bashed over and over again. And stupidly, you come back for more and more.

It's comical.

He's always on the losing side, and always claiming victory.

So, before the League made any statement, PJ Fleck stated that he had spoken with the B1G Coordinator of Officials, Bill Carullo, who told him the flag thrown should not have been thrown and the league was taking steps to ensure the correct call would be consistently made in the future. The League then issues a statement subsequent to Fleck's statement that is 100% consistent with Fleck's statement including details of a change made to the Officiating Mechanics to "ensure the correct" call is made in the future (not only 100% consistent with what Fleck said regarding his conversation with Carullo, but near identical language regarding changes being made - i.e., the changes would help ensure that the correct call will be made in future.).

Hand-on-my-Commando's explanation for all of this - including PJ Fleck's omniscience..... wait for it....

.....PJ Fleck is a liar.....

....the Conference is making these changes to the Officiating Mechanics because the correct call was made???

As the Guiness ad used to say... "Brilliant!!"

The call is so correct the Big Ten changed the rules on how it is officiated....

LMFAO... You've been bashed over and over again. And stupidly, you come back for more and more.

It's comical.
If you think this is bashing me or I'm losing that's truly comical

Again, if the call was wrong no rule change is needed. You state it was wrong and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT