ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Utah leaving the Big 12, waiting for SEC or B1G invite

Pretty gutsy to announce you’re leaving home when you have no where to sleep.
Yeah, that makes no sense. With all due respect to the Utah Athletic Department, I can't imagine that the Big 10 or SEC would be fighting to bring in a school located in Salt Lake City, UT. They actually probably belong in the Mountain West, but have outgrown that conference.

Didn’t the Utah AD just deny these rumors and say they were not true a few weeks ago when first reported? Now he says it’s true?

I have not heard of Utah being very high on either the B10 or SEC's expansion list. What do they bring except the small Salt Lake TV market? Maybe #7 in the B10, same in SEC. Not stellar academically.

Either that AD has an IQ of 90 or he actually has an unofficial invite from one of the two conferences.

Pretty gutsy to announce you’re leaving home when you have no where to sleep.
That doesn't happen.

Utah is on the Big 10 list of schools the Big is interested in maybe down the list but on the list. I've said a number of times the Big 12 is not immune to getting picked. The Big 10 is only going to wait on one team and that's ND. They will not wait on any other teams to complete their plan if they think there's a good chance, they're not going to land them.

24 is the number the Big is headed for. I still think they need two teams out west Stanford and Utah would be those two. Kansas is also on the list. The list for teams of interest hasn't changed from Delaney to Petitti it's still the same list. The four new adds are all lobbying for Stanford and Utah. No Cal.

Last edited:
What is going on with football in the state of Utah? Crazy.

I get that there is an incentive for each school whatever you can within the rules to bring in more money because if they don't then they'll fall behind the other schools. But can't they all just get together and agree to not raise money via mechanisms X, Y and Z? Okay, X, Y and Z would have to be verifiable things because otherwise some school would cheat. But logos on the field? That's certainly verifiable because everyone can see the field. Can't everyone just agree not to do it? Your school will have less money as a result but so will every other school.

Or maybe the idea is that the schools that bring in a bigger TV audience will get more people seeing their ads on the field and thus be able to bring in more and thus they're incentivized to do it.

The part that they failed to report is that AB products will be sold exclusively at the stadium. LDS church member football fans do get thirsty... AB is working on a similar deal with Liberty University. (TIC)
Excuse my ignorance, is AB, alcoholic beverages?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT