ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Did generations of greatness celebration omit Paterno??

He did the minimum and then washed his hands of it. He didn’t care. He couldn’t care less that a guy, who he knew was suspected of molesting a child, was a free man and was working around children on a daily basis. Joe thought he did enough to cover his own ass and then he simply didn’t care what happened.

The problem with your argument is, there was nothing to do. V2 testified to that fact. Nothing happened that evening in 2001.

If you know a person is SUSPECTED of molesesting a child, the protocol is to report it your boss so that steps can be taken to find out whether that person actually DID molest a child. I know this because I have talked to experts on the subject. That is exactly what Joe Paterno did.

As far as whether Joe would care whether a child was being molested, I will go with a 61 year track record of doing the right thing and his own words of “if I knew he was harming children I would have stopped it right then” over what a blowhole like you thinks.
He didn’t give a shit. When the scandal broke, Scott had this conversation with Joe:

Dad," he asked his father again, "did you know anything about Sandusky?"

"Other than the thing Mike told me, no," Joe answered.2

"Nothing? No rumors? The coaches never talked about it?"

"No. I don’t listen to rumors. Nothing."

"Dad, this is really important. If there is anything you heard..."

"I didn’t hear anything, why are you badgering me? What do I know about Jerry Sandusky? I’ve got Nebraska to think about, I can’t worry about this”

Besides the fact that he lied to his own son about hearing anything else (as TC confirmed that Joe was notified of the 98 incident), Joe simply did not give a shit.

Reactions: Osprey Lion
No I didn't. I know your point. You've said it all before:

(1) Jim Clemente expert, (2) michnittlion not expert, (3) michnittlion screws kids by not parroting Jim Clemente, (4) michnittlion is thus going to hell.
Hell would be too good for you and your ilk!!!

So Osprey, you are one of those flat earthers. I am not surprised.
Please. You think Sandusky is inoccent. F U and all of your worthless opinions. You are truly the example of someone who puts Paterno above all else. Even child rape.

No, you are being intellectually dishonest when you pretend that Paterno did all he could do. Sad.

Don't think I ever said that he couldn't have done more so I don't know why you added that. All I asked was for you and others to go beyond gut reaction and ask questions of those with more experience in such matters. That is a reasonable position to take. I wasn't there when the conversation with MM occurred. I doubt you were there either. So doing more may have been the right thing to do, but it may have been the wrong thing to do with what he was told. I know the latter is hard to believe, but again ask people who deal with this stuff for a living. I will let you have the last word on this.

Reactions: pkg5002
Please. You think Sandusky is inoccent. F U and all of your worthless opinions. You are truly the example of someone who puts Paterno above all else. Even child rape.

You opinions are no more worthy than mine. It is a free country and you are entitled to your own opinions. That doesn't make them accurate.

What is your opinion of NCIS Special Agent John Snedden? Do you think he was biased in his in-depth investigation of Graham Spanier where he found that Spanier was not a security risk when he recommended that Spanier's Top Secret/SCI clearances be renewed. I find Snedden very credible and agree with him that there was no sex scandal at Penn State, just a political hit job. I also agree with him that there is no credible evidence that wasn't subject to manipulation that Sandusky engaged in sex acts with any accusers. If you can, please identify any credible evidence that wasn't subject to manipulation that Sandusky engaged in sex acts with any of the accusers.

Don't think I ever said that he couldn't have done more so I don't know why you added that. All I asked was for you and others to go beyond gut reaction and ask questions of those with more experience in such matters. That is a reasonable position to take. I wasn't there when the conversation with MM occurred. I doubt you were there either. So doing more may have been the right thing to do, but it may have been the wrong thing to do with what he was told. I know the latter is hard to believe, but again ask people who deal with this stuff for a living. I will let you have the last word on this.
Paterno said that Mike reported something of a sexual nature between a boy and a man who Joe knew was the founder and active participant of a charity that deals with children; one which Joe pointed to as the reason Jerry would not be a head coach here because JS spent too much time with the kids.

Either Joe was a massive idiot who couldn’t see how this could be a massive problem for those kids or he simply didn’t care. I don’t think Joe was an idiot.

Last edited:
Even after Paterno admitted his failure to do more.

Link?

When did Joe admit he "failed"? Looking for you to provide proof that uses the word fail, and also is not preceded by "with the benefit of hindsight."

You're probably better just resorting to childish name calling or trying to change the topic than actually trying to find that proof... just an FYI.

Reactions: Mixolydian
Paterno said that Mike reported something of a sexual natures occurred between a boy and a man who Joe knew was the founder and active participant of a charity that deals with children; one which Joe pointed to as the reason Jerry would not be a head coach here because JS spent too much time with the kids.

Either Joe was a massive idiot who couldn’t see how this could be a massive problem for those kids or he simply didn’t care. I don’t think Joe was an idiot.

"I don't know what you'd call it."

The one point you can't refute. Ignore it all you want kid, but his testimony doesn't say what you think it says.

Reactions: Mixolydian
Sorry....with out the prior coaches (not just Paterno) there would be no "athletes". Without the best athletes, there would be no great coaches.

PSU was a podunk college in the fields of central PA before Rip and Joe. The stadium, for example, was around 57,000 when Joe took over. Today, its around 109,000. It is hard to find a university who so benefited from their football program than PSU. If you don't recognize how important Paterno has been to PSU you are a fool.

Actually, the stadium was about 47,00 when he took over. People forget about Governor Shaffer and the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA). The PHEAA more so than anything else exploded the enrollment at University Park and the branch campuses

Did Tiller receive a CSA report like Paterno, do the minimum and then not give a shit about it for 10 years until it got his ass fired?
'do the minimum' I always love that term. So you admit JVP did what he was suppose to do. Now I always wonder what the maximum is, take the law in his own hands? Go whip the $hiat out of JS? Go to the Second Mile?

'do the minimum' I always love that term. So you admit JVP did what he was suppose to do. Now I always wonder what the maximum is, take the law in his own hands? Go whip the $hiat out of JS? Go to the Second Mile?
I have said before that what Paterno did should have been enough for Jerry to be arrested or at least investigated. But an decent person who cares even just a little bit about the victim would have, at minimum, asked questions when he saw Jerry out as a free man after a period of time. But Joe didn’t care and he didn’t ask. He let this thing go for 10 years while Jerry continued to molest kids.

Maybe you think Joe did enough, but the public sees him as a failure. He was a very powerful man and did absolutely nothing once it was clear that Jerry was still a free man. It’s sad.

Not nearly as stupid as 99.9% of Americans are crazy and you cult members are sane.

The majority of Americans don't have the knowledge we have. There is no way it's 99.9%, I just ran into a stranger In the Deep South who stopped me to comment on my PSU hat... first thing he said was how he always admired JVP and thought what they did to him was terrible.

P.S. proper punctuation makes you look less stupid, and you could really use the help.

I have said before that what Paterno did should have been enough for Jerry to be arrested or at least investigated. But an decent person who cares even just a little bit about the victim would have, at minimum, asked questions when he saw Jerry out as a free man after a period of time. But Joe didn’t care and he didn’t ask. He let this thing go for 10 years while Jerry continued to molest kids.

Maybe you think Joe did enough, but the public sees him as a failure. He was a very powerful man and did absolutely nothing once it was clear that Jerry was still a free man. It’s sad.

He probably assumed, like any logical person would have, that it was properly handled and he was cleared. Considering that's exactly what happened in 1998, that would just reinforce those thoughts.

You seem to forget JVP asked MM if he was satisfied on how things were handled. You also seem to forget, JVP did not witness anything.

Reactions: pandaczar12
Right because Joe had less power. Like when TC and GS came to his house to tell him to retire and Joe shoo’d them away. LOL.

The reporting protocol isn’t about what some know nothing dipshit’s “power” ranking is....it’s about what the org chart says. In your f’d up world if the “suspected CSA” report came in to Curley or Schultz they should have reported it to the football coach. You are a special kind of stupid.

Not nearly as stupid as 99.9% of Americans are crazy and you cult members are sane.
Only about 0.1% of the population has reviewed in depth the details of this case.
Why do you (or GMJ for that matter) completely ignore and side step every request from myself and/or other posters asking you to address and explain how V2 courtroom testimony completely refutes everything that you, GMJ and 99.9% of the population think occurred?

Its been stated many times over. You, GMJ, and a handful of others always ignore completely the hard questions which debunk your views.

Only about 0.1% of the population has reviewed in depth the details of this case.
Why do you (or GMJ for that matter) completely ignore and side step every request from myself and/or other posters asking you to address and explain how V2 courtroom testimony completely refutes everything that you, GMJ and 99.9% of the population think occurred?

Its been stated many times over. You, GMJ, and a handful of others always ignore completely the hard questions which debunk your views.

Very well said. Of course they will ignore this post too.

You seem to forget JVP asked MM if he was satisfied on how things were handled. You also seem to forget, JVP did not witness anything.
LOL. Asking MM amounts to nothing. What do you think asking the coward who didn’t stop the attack and didn’t go to police accomplished?

Is Joe Paterno a leader or not?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT