ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Camp News Thread....

Although there were a LOT of our fans there, this video sort of shows the home field advantage USC has every time they play in the Rose bowl: Say Say with an unreal touchdown run, and the stadium sounds like the away team just scored. Again, NOT dogging anything, but there was a small roar, with about 75% of the stadium going silent.

I'd give anything to play them again on a neutral field, say, New Orleans or better yet, Atlanta's new stadium!

That's my video! Glad everyone likes it. I was losing my mind while filming that play but thinking "have to keep the camera steady....must get good video of the greatest run I've ever seen in person." I was able to do so until lady next to me went nuts and slammed into my arm.

Incredible moment and great experience to head to the Rose Bowl (especially since my flights and hotel room were free....see my blog thehoneymoonguy.com ... http://bit.ly/2okdZof).

That's my video! Glad everyone likes it. I was losing my mind while filming that play but thinking "have to keep the camera steady....must get good video of the greatest run I've ever seen in person." I was able to do so until lady next to me went nuts and slammed into my arm.

Incredible moment and great experience to head to the Rose Bowl (especially since my flights and hotel room were free....see my blog thehoneymoonguy.com ... http://bit.ly/2okdZof).
Clicked for you. Clicked on 'No, I know it all' in the immediate pop-up.:) Nice website. Thanks for the video.

You only saw the run on your cell phone?

Clicked for you. Clicked on 'No, I know it all' in the immediate pop-up.:) Nice website. Thanks for the video.

You only saw the run on your cell phone?

Thanks! For future reference, for most of those "welcome mats" on sites you can simply scroll down to dismiss them.

I actually brought a point and shoot camera (remember those?) to the Rose Bowl. Used that to film two or three plays total and completely lucked out, getting that video of the Saquon run and one of Gesicki's TD.

I didn't see this so:

Moorhead named five spring offensive standouts thus far -- J. Thomas, J. Johnson, M. Menet, J. Holland and T. Stevens.
Obviously, he's not mentioning returning established starters. Menet and Johnson have a decent shot at earning starting positions.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Penn State will most likely face six rookie starting QBs this season
It won’t hurt that, of the 10 Power Five opponents Penn State plays this season (including nine Big Ten teams and Pittsburgh), four are guaranteed to field quarterbacks who can be counted as rookie starters. Nathan Peterman (Pitt), C.J. Beathard (Iowa), Tommy Armstrong (Nebraska) and Hills (Maryland) are all graduated. Rutgers is probably going to replace second-half starter Giovanni Rescigno with a heralded freshman. And though senior Damion Terry is technically in the mix at Michigan State, he is a tenuous bet for November, too, with Brian Lewerke having looked good as the MSU spring game starter for the first-team offense.

Moreover, many of the names who remain aren’t exactly scary as passers. The best of the lot will probably be a pair of seniors who man the Lions’ most imposing East Division opponents – Michigan’s Wilton Speight and Ohio State’s J.T. Barrett. Speight was efficient if not flashy the first two months of the season before fading in November with a shoulder injury. Barrett, limited by OSU’s clunky offense and its underachieving receiving corps, never found much of a groove through the air. New coordinator Kevin Wilson should help.

Elsewhere, you have Indiana’s Richard Lagow being saddled with a new QB coach and a lifetime defensive coordinator as a new head coach in Tom Allen. Clayton Thorson is still trying to fulfill his potential at Northwestern. Rutgers has seen senior Chris Laviano transfer to San Diego State, sophomore Tylin Oden dismissed and very possibly will have switched out Rescigno for true freshman Johnathan Lewis by November when PSU hosts the Knights.

The other two opponents are minor-conference foes Akron and Georgia State, neither of which had accomplished passing attacks last season.

speightjpg-581e9a5787591b68.jpg

Last year's starter Wilton Speight (3) is frontrunner in Michigan quarterback competition.

lagowjpg-4cf1d719175a2f6b.jpg

Fifth-year senior Richard Lagow (21), here during Indiana spring practice, had turnover issues a year ago.

Gesicki wasn't even named All Big Ten 3rd team despite having more yards receiving than the 3 ahead of him. PSU had 1 first team All Big Ten player despite winning the Big Ten. I guess that is the definition of great coaching, right?

Although there were a LOT of our fans there, this video sort of shows the home field advantage USC has every time they play in the Rose bowl: Say Say with an unreal touchdown run, and the stadium sounds like the away team just scored. Again, NOT dogging anything, but there was a small roar, with about 75% of the stadium going silent.

Sometimes silence is beautiful. The USC fans were in shock -- and had every right to be. I don't think I have ever see a football team score 4 times on 4 consecutive offensive plays.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT