ADVERTISEMENT

Teske

butchinmi

Mar 20, 2015
I’m an Iowa guy and I come in peace. I grew up near Fort Dodge and wrestled against them in HS during the same time as Ayala’s dad. So I followed from a distance Teske HS career.

What is your guys take on how his career is shaping up? Will he be the starter this year? When Howard shows up is there room for him?

Thanks in advance.

Teske will be the starter this season. Hard working kid who everybody is interested in seeing how he does.
Hard working kids generally do well because of work ethic anyhow, hard working kids in the PSU room seem to develop into champions and AAs. We will have to see how this plays out for the kid.

Sorry, I have no specifics.

Great young man, solid wrestler. He'll line up and have a shot just like all the other guys at 125. Last year wasn't an indication of his skills/abilities, as he was fighting some nagging injuries. It's up to him … he has the talent to be very good.

Thing is, no one knows. Anyone who says he/she does is speculating. Not much to go on. Got teched in a match last year up at 133. Could be really good. Could be not good. Next to no results in a while now.

as far as I can see, Teske is a great kid, but with losing the first wrestle off this year, I have to wonder if he will ever be the guy at 125.Howard coming in next year, it has yet to be seen but the word is he will go as a true freshman at 125.

Have also heard talk that Teske had a little grown spurt, 133 may be a better weight for him moving forward. RBY has a RS to take so who knows what the future will bring.

I think everyone wants Teske to do it, but we'll see what happens as the year goes on.

Personally, I think Robbie goes right away if he can keep 125. He's ferocious and I think he can hang with the best of em.

Reactions: tabenn and Str8DBLz
I don’t put much stock on the in room wrestleoff. These guys are going at each other daily and are familiar with one another. Let’s see how they do against some outside competition in the next few weeks.

Reactions: matter7172
Have also heard talk that Teske had a little grown spurt, 133 may be a better weight for him moving forward. RBY has a RS to take so who knows what the future will bring.

Interesting. I thought he looked really small last year at 125.

Reactions: lionlover
I am really kind of bummed if the Teske reports are true. Granted wrestleoffs are hard to guage due to familiarity, but I think we all had hoped a 4xer with a year in our room would make a big jump. I tend to doubt Schnupp made a big jump himself, love his heart and drive, but one would think his ceiling is below AA. Let's hope we see some head to head entries in an open or two and get a better contrast/compare.

I am really kind of bummed if the Teske reports are true. Granted wrestleoffs are hard to guage due to familiarity, but I think we all had hoped a 4xer with a year in our room would make a big jump. I tend to doubt Schnupp made a big jump himself, love his heart and drive, but one would think his ceiling is below AA. Let's hope we see some head to head entries in an open or two and get a better contrast/compare.
Not that hard to gauge if he lost to Schnupp, unfortunately.

Reactions: donboy6499
I think 125 will play out in early season tournament and matches. With us not seeing wrestle offs, we don't know if it was one sided or close. The score wouldn't even tell us how it played out. Example:Teske down 5-4 tries to hit move gets taken to back 11-4 final. Compared to a match where he only gets 4 points from escapes and gives up 3 takedowns+ back points for an 11-4 decision.
That would be a big difference in how close they are.

Slow down guys. This isn’t HR we don’t trash our wrestlers. No one knows the story, did he have a hard cut to make weight after the alleged growth spurt? Didn’t future national Champ get decked in wrestle off a few years ago? Trust the process not all will have a DT etc learning curve.

Slow down guys. This isn’t HR we don’t trash our wrestlers. No one knows the story, did he have a hard cut to make weight after the alleged growth spurt? Didn’t future national Champ get decked in wrestle off a few years ago? Trust the process not all will have a DT etc learning curve.
Who’s getting trashed?

I’m hearing the Brody is struggling with the weight.

I’m serious, if you mean Schnupp he’s like 10-30 or something, people haven’t gone overboard in being negative on him. It is what it is.
If Teske, then I’ll agree to an extent. But if he lost to the guy 10-30, can’t blame people for questioning.

Yes I can, you opine based on incomplete information.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT