ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you opt out players

DrJC

May 29, 2001
What a damned shame. To see a great defense lose it top players to opt outs and then lose our best linebacker. Why let teams play who have lost their top players at the end of the season to expose the fans to an embarrassment. But we will keep supporting Franklin who himself has done nothing great in the portal. Aller development is poor. Sorry, give Beau a chance.

What a damned shame. To see a great defense lose it top players to opt outs and then lose our best linebacker. Why let teams play who have lost their top players at the end of the season to expose the fans to an embarrassment. But we will keep supporting Franklin who himself has done nothing great in the portal. Aller development is poor. Sorry, give Beau a chance.
This is Michigan State embarrassment

I'm sorry, but if the players - not all - don't have enough support for their team that they just opt out, why would a fan spend $$thousands to go to a bowl game?

This version of college football is a disgrace but we are no longer oppressing the poor athletes. Again, you get what you ask for. This is very progressive fellas.

Only a moron would complain about Olu, Chop and Kalen not playing. It's a tremendously dumb take that lacks any type of understanding of what the game is and what it means to a player. There is no possible way any of those guys should be playing in this game. The team has 100 players, use them get them experience for the next season top be in the top 12 at the end of the season.
If Johnny Dixon plays and gets rolled up on like Abdul Carter did he might not be able to run a great time at the combine, which may cost him significant money come draft day.
Hasn't college always been about preparing the student for the best opportunity post college?

Only a moron would complain about Olu, Chop and Kalen not playing. It's a tremendously dumb take that lacks any type of understanding of what the game is and what it means to a player. There is no possible way any of those guys should be playing in this game. The team has 100 players, use them get them experience for the next season top be in the top 12 at the end of the season.
If Johnny Dixon plays and gets rolled up on like Abdul Carter did he might not be able to run a great time at the combine, which may cost him significant money come draft day.
Hasn't college always been about preparing the student for the best opportunity post college?
NO! That’s not what it’s about. It’s about these young men giving every ounce of blood, sweat, and tears so I can sit on my couch and drink beer and be entertained, while trying to obtain some sort of self worth vicariously through them.
DANCE FOR ME!!!!

Why? Who cares? It’s been reported that the defense had some animosity towards the low performing offense at the end of this season. This game is no different than the Ohio State and Michigan games, poor offense and a less effective defense.

Reactions: joemendo
NO! That’s not what it’s about. It’s about these young men giving every ounce of blood, sweat, and tears so I can sit on my couch and drink beer and be entertained, while trying to obtain some sort of self worth vicariously through them.
DANCE FOR ME!!!!
If people only knew how significantly D1 football players were used up and spit out by programs they'd change their take. But nobody talks about that. Who would? Ed O'Bannon? Oh wait he did and it changed everything. I mean everything. These kids are used, used and used them fans want to take credit for the program producing a great player here and there. It's comical.
Make no mistakes the players play. Jimmy's & Joe's over X's & O's.....Always.
The players do it all, make no mistake.
You know why Alabama is awesome? Because they have the best players....all the time. Saban just monitors it and keeps it in order.
The players should get the spoils, not Jimbo Fisher, who literally was made by one single quarterback.

COWARDICE.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
Why? Who cares? It’s been reported that the defense had some animosity towards the low performing offense at the end of this season. This game is no different than the Ohio State and Michigan games, poor offense and a less effective defense.
Reported by?

Playing a relatively meaningless exhibition game at the risk of ruining the greatest opportunity of your life would be the equivalent of getting $hitfaced drunk and staying up all night with biggest job interview of your career the next morning.

Players past didn't worry about getting hurt. They had a love for the game.

Opt out = gutless turd.

Then I'm a moron. Better players than those guys have been playing in these games for a 100 years. Suddenly these clowns are afraid of injuries. F that. You are on scholarship and now they get paid to play all the games.

Why should they play? The game means nothing and what happened to Carter is an example of why they don’t play. This was a scrimmage and the first game of 2024. Coach K and Allen have a lot to do to get ready for Labor Day weekend in Morgantown. Even the other guys who did play were used sparingly.

Then I'm a moron. Better players than those guys have been playing in these games for a 100 years. Suddenly these clowns are afraid of injuries. F that. You are on scholarship and now they get paid to play all the games.
They did play all the games. Semester is over. This is a reward. The outcome I'd meaningless

If people only knew how significantly D1 football players were used up and spit out by programs they'd change their take. But nobody talks about that. Who would? Ed O'Bannon? Oh wait he did and it changed everything. I mean everything. These kids are used, used and used them fans want to take credit for the program producing a great player here and there. It's comical.
Make no mistakes the players play. Jimmy's & Joe's over X's & O's.....Always.
The players do it all, make no mistake.
You know why Alabama is awesome? Because they have the best players....all the time. Saban just monitors it and keeps it in order.
The players should get the spoils, not Jimbo Fisher, who literally was made by one single quarterback.
Used up and spit out? That’s funny.

That's how it works in your mind but that's not reality, that's called "make it how I used to like it."
You know what stops opt outs? Winning meaningful games and putting your team in a position where not playing isn't an option. This is a result of the team not being good enough to make the last game matter not about the individual players themselves. They had their chance, they failed.
Don't want opt outs, win more.

Why should they play? The game means nothing and what happened to Carter is an example of why they don’t play. This was a scrimmage and the first game of 2024. Coach K and Allen have a lot to do to get ready for Labor Day weekend in Morgantown. Even the other guys who did play were used sparingly.
But they continue to work out, play in the senior bowl, drive a car…all things they could get hurt doing but they don’t stop. Maybe they should wrap themselves in bubble wrap and never leave their house until draft day.

Sorry, it's another game on the schedule. Whatever its why I opted out of season tickets. I don't pay good money so entitled asshats can pick and choose when they play.
It wasn't on the schedule. It was added. And I support you not attending. Your choice same as the players.

That's how it works in your mind but that's not reality, that's called "make it how I used to like it."
You know what stops opt outs? Winning meaningful games and putting your team in a position where not playing isn't an option. This is a result of the team not being good enough to make the last game matter not about the individual players themselves. They had their chance, they failed.
No, you're manipulating the situation. This is another game on the schedule and a big game at that. No excuses here. You're damn right I'm old school and we didn't coddle in my day.. Whatever, college football is a joke.

No, you're manipulating the situation. This is another game on the schedule and a big game at that. No excuses here. You're damn right I'm old school and we didn't coddle in my day.. Whatever, college football is a joke.
The Boss 429 was a tremendous car. It's nothing compared to a Ferrari SF90.

Everyone knows about these games. It's what you play for - to get in the biggest bowl game. No excuses.
No one plays for this. They play to make the playoff and win a Big Ten title. We failed. This isn't the 80s when it was a privilege to go to a bowl. It's now an obligation to play a scrimmage for those not moving on

But they continue to work out, play in the senior bowl, drive a car…all things they could get hurt doing but they don’t stop. Maybe they should wrap themselves in bubble wrap and never leave their house until draft day.
Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Reactions: joeaubie21
S
Texas B/U QB opted to move on.

Guess Georgia players didn't get the memo. No opt outs there.
I know this would be a huge huge thing to take in but get this....to each his own. I can assure you have no idea what is best for Chop Robinson, nor should you give one $hit.

I know this would be a huge huge thing to take in but get this....to each his own. I can assure you have no idea what is best for Chop Robinson, nor should you give one $hit.
I have no issue with Chop sitting this one out. He has major concussion concerns.

But you are right though. F the team. Selfish assholes.

Hope this is the death of college football. And these players have nowhere to go.

I take some exception to the notion of a bowl game being meaningless. Yes, in some ways it is another game, and in some ways a special, celebratory game - a reward for a good season. I cannot buy inot either the transfer portal or opting out. If they are afraid of getting hurt, than hell, don't play in the Ohio State or Michigan game. You are a team and play in all the games the team in involved in. Yes, we should be able to afford some really good insurance to protect the players financially, that might help. But college football is nose diving and with good reason.

I take some exception to the notion of a bowl game being meaningless. Yes, in some ways it is another game, and in some ways a special, celebratory game - a reward for a good season. I cannot buy inot either the transfer portal or opting out. If they are afraid of getting hurt, than hell, don't play in the Ohio State or Michigan game. You are a team and play in all the games the team in involved in. Yes, we should be able to afford some really good insurance to protect the players financially, that might help. But college football is nose diving and with good reason.
Those games are part of the season. Same reason kids don't opt out of playoff games
We all know what bowls are in 2023. Some accept it--some don't
The players do

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT