ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you opt out players

Bull. Then want to opt out? Then stay home! Soon they will be opting out Halloween? Or pull a Micah and opt out all year?! They are highly compensated and have insurance.
Did opting out hurt Parsons? But seriously, I've never heard anyone complain about that before
Insurance doesn't do anything. After the insurance payout Jayron Brown lost 20M due to his injury.
They won't be opting out that early. And blame Franklin for allowing them to go if you have an issue with it.

Did opting out hurt Parsons? But seriously, I've never heard anyone complain about that before
Insurance doesn't do anything. After the insurance payout Jayron Brown lost 20M due to his injury.
They won't be opting out that early. And blame Franklin for allowing them to go if you have an issue with it.
I do blame Franklin.

Micah is a unique talent l. But is immature and it shows in key moments.

Also not a good teammate or Penn Stater…quit on both.

is that why TCU played for the national title last year?
Blind Squirrel…acorn…how often does that happen…it is almost mathematical…best recruiting ranking win every year (last year, no exception - see Georgia)…only a handful of teams can compete…we are not among them

Why not just shit can the bowl games because the debacle in the Orange bowl after 25 plus Florida State players oped out will shit can the bowls when the fans say , enough
Agree…and Georgia’s behavior in game was a disgrace.

Hasn't college always been about preparing the student for the best opportunity post college?
no, actually I don't think that was the original objective of universities. using universities as vocational training is a relatively recent thing and there is no particular reason to believe it's sustainable

What a damned shame. To see a great defense lose it top players to opt outs and then lose our best linebacker. Why let teams play who have lost their top players at the end of the season to expose the fans to an embarrassment. But we will keep supporting Franklin who himself has done nothing great in the portal. Aller development is poor. Sorry, give Beau a chance.
What did you ever do in life?

Bull. Then want to opt out? Then stay home! Soon they will be opting out Halloween? Or pull a Micah and opt out all year?! They are highly compensated and have insurance.
I thought Parsons tried to come back once the BIG decided to have a season but he wasn't allowed.

What did the Georgia players do that was so disgraceful?

They were celebrating because that's how Kirby got them excited to play for this game. That and for the seniors to get their 50th win. No idea how that's disgraceful. Maybe FSU's guys should have played if they cared.

What a damned shame. To see a great defense lose it top players to opt outs and then lose our best linebacker. Why let teams play who have lost their top players at the end of the season to expose the fans to an embarrassment. But we will keep supporting Franklin who himself has done nothing great in the portal. Aller development is poor. Sorry, give Beau a chance.
You are an idiot. Most of the opt outs could have left last year. What did you ever contribute to the program?

Their behavior was a
I see. I don’t necessarily agree with you but that’s ok. I really didn’t see them rubbing anything in.
Fair enough. I found it appalling. BFD…they beat half an FSU team…my hero…too bad they could not get 70.

But it was in
They were celebrating because that's how Kirby got them excited to play for this game. That and for the seniors to get their 50th win. No idea how that's disgraceful. Maybe FSU's guys should have played if they cared.
Did they not check with you? It was only an exhibition. Does not count in records. Was not a playoff game. Why so much excitement?

And big deal, they beat half an FSU team.

Why should they play? The game means nothing and what happened to Carter is an example of why they don’t play. This was a scrimmage and the first game of 2024. Coach K and Allen have a lot to do to get ready for Labor Day weekend in Morgantown. Even the other guys who did play were used sparingly.
you're right..we need to rethink bowl games..now they're really just scrimmages...shouldn't count either for or against a team's record.

Hasn't college always been about preparing the student for the best opportunity post college?
Stop with your comparisons of athletics to ordinary college students. I am not arguing about whether players should opt out or not. But your idiotic comparisons are ridiculous.

The modern athlete is the core problem with college football. Entitled wanna be thugs who think everything is owed to them. Quit when times get tough. All about themselves. All other issues with the game stem from that.

Reactions: joeaubie21
The modern athlete is the core problem with college football. Entitled wanna be thugs who think everything is owed to them. Quit when times get tough. All about themselves. All other issues with the game stem from that.

Me, myself and I.

Hooray for me, the hell with you.

The Litany of the Coward.

I have no issue with Chop sitting this one out. He has major concussion concerns.

But you are right though. F the team. Selfish assholes.

Hope this is the death of college football. And these players have nowhere to go.
Dude , you have some serious issues. We all love PSU football, but you are crossing into the realm of mental health to create such a post.

You are describing modern society in general. They are merely a symptom of this society. I run a good size organization and you see the same behaviors out of professionals in the workplace as well.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
But it was in

Did they not check with you? It was only an exhibition. Does not count in records. Was not a playoff game. Why so much excitement?

And big deal, they beat half an FSU team.
The outcome doesn't matter but because of fans not accepting that they need to get creative to great incentive

You are describing modern society in general. They are merely a symptom of this society. I run a good size organization and you see the same behaviors out of professionals in the workplace as well.

You or your HR department don't know how to hire.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
And Penn State would have had multiple undefeated or one loss seasons if they played in the ACC.
That is the truth. Clemson and Dabo had a reputation built on a couple great quarterbacks. I think that, without an elite quarterback, it’s impossible for anybody outside the SEC to win a natty.

Reactions: AWS1022
Why get crazy over opt outs? It's all just entertainment. The team is the headliner and the players are the boys in the band. Who cares if the lead musician is unavailable as long as the headliner shows up.

Have you taken your psych pills today?

I don't know what type of company you run, but if interviewees are being asked dumb crap like what do you want to do 5 years from now, and who was your best/worst boss, etc you're guessing about a candidate.

You should be asking questions endemic to your company in an objective situation. How would you solve this problem? What would you do in this situation? What is your experience with this?

Otherwise, you end up with the idiots you described.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT