ADVERTISEMENT

The Ferrari Family Circus

And here was the “no” to AJ vote (a minority of 41.6% by the way when I screenshotted it). Again, not all Hawk fans:

Fsanford, SotaHawk, OILCHECKER, KCWalleye, Jcchawk, Sullivan, HawkMD, The Vak, Wendy79, DavidHawk324, Ollie4ISU, longliveCS40, Hawkfan_08, your _master5, Chickenman Testa, dmlawdad, siouxcenterhawk, dirt33, MVPFAN, Rose bowl or bust, loonhawk, madmustang4, abudlong, kkhawk, Pentacrest, Squarehat, mjmx3, Abnormal lumps, buckw87, Kinnick 4 Prez, Hawkgma, funnyfletcher, EvansvilleHawk, OneRoughneck, bman546, ping72, Old wrestling_fan, Archer73, YoungGun07, WildTurk, cloverhawk, sstark46, sjw5065, 7-8suited, PSUAlITheWay, smalls103, SandBuff, mean15, WPB_lion, Cold Smoke, PSU Mike, VodkaSam, CoolBean, choosenuetral, LagunaBeachHawk, slaterun, NJ Lion, crossfacecradle, TangSoo, Lambertt, Mendoza77, lafootballfan, shm138, veryold, Is_there_vodka_in_heaven, creamery freak, otiee007, BMonks3, WDMHawk72, PackerHawkeyel, sunwarrior, PD4thespawn, bbwretler, Okauchee, zubrus1, rmxxl, Goathead88, Sportfan2017, TXHawkFD, MilleGinja, Coach Mac B, mydome88, The_Intimidator69, BanjoSaysWoof, psujeepman1, 98 berEating2Lunches, DanDraper, FarvaHawk14, Cxh236, ArkieHawk, rassling, pennstaterincarolina, A Fist Full of Hawkeyes, HawkRCID, Lioncat95, mizzy2442, baccafarmer, Iron Doc, Freebornman21, Centuar94, AndEEss,
The things that stood out to me:
1. MVP and Vodka both voted no -- didn't see that coming.
2. Many notorious lunatics apparently abstained: Ironbird, Grip, DonHawkeye, WeH8StateHawk, etc.
3. OpenHawkSurgery is an excellent username, even if he did vote for the miscreant.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Why drag crap like this back here? Who gives a shit. Honestly

Screenshotting posts on HR to feed your Lion pack. SMH
Hey, if they voted with their heart, they should be honored this is now shared with more people.

All that said, I think Iowa as an institution will dodge a bullet because one of those ****sticks is going to irredeemably screw up.

Reactions: goldenanimal
The things that stood out to me:
1. MVP and Vodka both voted no -- didn't see that coming.
2. Many notorious lunatics apparently abstained: Ironbird, Grip, DonHawkeye, WeH8StateHawk, etc.
3. OpenHawkSurgery is an excellent username, even if he did vote for the miscreant.
Shocked that TarpHawk voted yes. He’s a wrestling alum with a good head on his shoulders.

Here’s a badly-formatted list of the pro-Ferrari voters from their poll. Leaving the enemy trolls aside, there’s quite a few fans with a lot of stroke that are all in (e.g. Slumlord, Novak - big booster dork, etc).

TJG, JVHawktan, zeko, sabula, swensok, @Cbulldog, Spoons, 13marino48, Hawkium, Reymundo, lefeber, Mr_lowa, TriCityHawk, Hercuhawk, pinfor6, MizzuHawk, trail888, bnicolls, rtfhawk, DropitlikeitsHawk, Herkylian, cphawkinthelou, hIstone, honkey69, mcnic23, TarpHawk, Big Ush, Auger, Luckeyes, evashevsky58, NLhawk62, YanksHawks4ever, Irtbahawk, muddage11,
MARION_HAWK, Novakht, whejoe, SDHN2013, Cholley Vandine, Herbert197, LaxHawk174, MSU158, Arbor1, Jaybird319, Sandor45, Hawkeyes4Life247, Brian LB-U, SapticusRN, Btown Lion, Rustys Dad, FishersvilleHawkFan, CentexLion, Greenheadhawk, djb914, longballhitter, Agoodnap, 1Hammers1, Cardsfan1229, mcruny42, totough, cm8124, Bob_Anderson, Cali_Nittany, pish69, Creek Side, Lionfan44, Ja1339, NittanyLion84, sdvike, hwksfan, NChawkeye12, Tcalumet, Mikefontenot27, acuhawk, 1AA, hawk224, derekforhawks, WWGD, okinburg1,
Roar More, Kuch96, SUPERTODD, AaronJDixon, harvester77, WexfordWarrior, The Dueceman, OpenHawkSurgery, HawkAlum2002, sunshinedynomite, DrOfBytes, Jayhouse, Doggie99, blcoach80, PSUWrestling2425, steelcurtain55., fufighters, Moorehawk, giveitall, KFSuperStar, Psu9012, eb05, seamus98, Hawkeye4lifee, McScoreley, NitFan53,
hawkeye state, 82bordeaux, hawkvike18, Hazy_Davey, RealMicah, Redm18, Wawa Coffee, poorwrestler, Cameron1958, Trapper85, heldyhawk, Libertylover, GoHawks1996, Th3Senate, PopSheetz,

————

If it all goes to shit, plenty of people to hang from figurative lampposts
Well, I voted in favor to keep the train wreck going. I suspect most of the PSU supporters feel the same way.

Shocked that TarpHawk voted yes. He’s a wrestling alum with a good head on his shoulders.
He explained his stance a little while ago. Says that it is Tom's job to do everything he can to make the Hawks competitive and this is an example of him doing so. If it doesn't work out, he can just flush.

I know I'm assuming, but I would guess this is pretty much the party line in the Iowa program. If so, it just reinforces all of the evidence of short-sightedness over there, seeing upside, when in reality there isn't much and the downside is that you set back the reboot of your program by a year or two.

I keep hearing stuff like this is all about keeping Angelo, even from our reasonable Iowans over here like @jmadden1998 . Angelo is ONE top-five type recruit. Hasn't anyone been paying attention to what is going on? One top-five recruit doesn't move the needle for any top program. It's incredibly short-sighted.

IMO, there is no other upside besides Angelo. Anthony is a dime-a-dozen type of guy. AJ has his NC but at his best is not a dominant game changer, and his best is four years in the past. Hasn't anyone been paying attention to the results six and seven-year guys are getting at the ends of their careers? Two years from now if we don't have someone in our lineup capable of beating him I'll eat my hat (that's probably a low-risk bet because it is predicated on him wrestling in two years, BUT, if he does).

A lot of words above to say that Angelo is not even close to being worth the squeeze. They would be waaaaay better off putting their efforts elsewhere. Effort spent on the Ferraris is not being allocated to guys who would make a difference (in a good way) in their program.

He explained his stance a little while ago. Says that it is Tom's job to do everything he can to make the Hawks competitive and this is an example of him doing so. If it doesn't work out, he can just flush.

I know I'm assuming, but I would guess this is pretty much the party line in the Iowa program. If so, it just reinforces all of the evidence of short-sightedness over there, seeing upside, when in reality there isn't much and the downside is that you set back the reboot of your program by a year or two.

I keep hearing stuff like this is all about keeping Angelo, even from our reasonable Iowans over here like @jmadden1998 . Angelo is ONE top-five type recruit. Hasn't anyone been paying attention to what is going on? One top-five recruit doesn't move the needle for any top program. It's incredibly short-sighted.

IMO, there is no other upside besides Angelo. Anthony is a dime-a-dozen type of guy. AJ has his NC but at his best is not a dominant game changer, and his best is four years in the past. Hasn't anyone been paying attention to the results six and seven-year guys are getting at the ends of their careers? Two years from now if we don't have someone in our lineup capable of beating him I'll eat my hat (that's probably a low-risk bet because it is predicated on him wrestling in two years, BUT, if he does).

A lot of words above to say that Angelo is not even close to being worth the squeeze. They would be waaaaay better off putting their efforts elsewhere. Effort spent on the Ferraris is not being allocated to guys who would make a difference (in a good way) in their program.
And you didn't even touch on how they have already lost guys because of it.

Yeah, in chasing Angelo and inviting the circus into town, they've already lost one elite recruit in Chittum publicly (and who knows how many more who lowered Iowa on their list).

The good news for Iowa fans is that AJ's antics at SS is probably the final nail in the coffin for any other major program ever taking him, so he completely destroyed any leverage his dad had in forcing a program to take all three. Angelo, if he really is the sane one, should realize that Iowa is the best place he can be, with or without the rest of the circus (especially without), so I think if Beth Goetz eventually tells AJ to pound sand, there's a good chance Angelo stays there anyway, unless he wants to wrestle with AJ at some community college for degenerates.

Honestly, I question that the Ferrari package deal, if there ever was such a thing, is now not damaged beyond repair.

Maybe a Rutgers would take all three but I think most programs will pass on AJ, end of story.

The real problem with taking the stance "If it doesn't work out, he can just flush", is what form "doesn't work out" will take? With AJ, the collateral damage could cost TnT their jobs IMO.

I don't believe it's a given by any stretch that Angelo will leave if AJ is out permanently.

Reactions: Ja1339

It’s easy to say from a Penn St perspective as Cael brings in top recruits every year. It’s not like Brands can be as picky. Now if Angelo is truly a package deal then I say move on. But if we can bring him in solo, then he deserves a chance. It’s sad but true.

Edit: list of Flo’s pound for pound guys not committed. Tell me who Iowa has a good shot at landing? Dreshaun Ross of course but your getting him part time most likely. Maybe Marcus Blaze but his brother is at Purdue so it’s going to be a long shot unless you can convince Joey to transfer and take over 157 next year. I guess it will depend on NIL money and them wanting to come to Iowa.

4 JR Marcus Blaze Perrysburg OH 132

6 SO Jax Forrest Bishop McCort PA 126

13 SO Bo Bassett Bishop McCort PA 138

25 JR Vince Bouzakis Wyoming Seminary

30 SO Dreshaun Ross Fort Dodge IA 215

Last edited:
It’s easy to say from a Penn St perspective as Cael brings in top recruits every year. It’s not like Brands can be as picky. Now if Angelo is truly a package deal then I say move on. But if we can bring him in solo, then he deserves a chance. It’s sad but true.

Edit: list of Flo’s pound for pound guys not committed. Tell me who Iowa has a good shot at landing? Deshaun Ross of course but your getting him part time most likely. Maybe Marcus Blaze but his brother is at Purdue so it’s going to be a long shot unless you can convince Joey to transfer and take over 157 next year. I guess it will depend on NIL money and them wanting to come to Iowa.

Good news for you, AJ is working on personally destroying any leverage they have for a package deal. I agree with you, BTW. At this point, I think it is in the best interest of both Iowa and Angelo to separate from the rest of the circus and stay there.

Blaze - my guess is Purdue #1, tOSU #2
Bassett/Forrest - Penn State, Cael will make this happen
Bouzakis - will he follow Nic? Don't know.
Ross - I assume Iowa would be a top choice.

And you didn't even touch on how they have already lost guys because of it.
Wait a minute. @MSU158 says:If you think him never making the team or Downey for that matter hurt(s) Iowa in any way, you aren’t bright, are a PSU troll and have zero vested interest in Iowa to even begin to care

… the kid needs to clean his act up. He has almost another year to do it. If he can, Iowa ends up with an NCAA DI champ on their roster
. If he doesn’t, he doesn’t get on the team and the amount of damage done is the exact same when they tried it with Downey…..exactly zero
After I called him on it: "So you think this is good for parents of recruits"?

They are getting absolutely crushed by PSU in recruiting. Newsflash, so is EVERYONE else. Trying to make AJ work isn't going to make them lose ANYONE they weren't already most likely not getting anyway.

LOL. He is one strange dude. A Michigan State guy in love with Iowa. I wonder what his vested interest in Iowa is? How can this not hurt their recruiting. I wonder if he has heard of Chittum? If they let AJ on the team they might gain some points in the short term. But it will be the end of the Hamster Dancers.

Wait a minute. @MSU158 says:If you think him never making the team or Downey for that matter hurt(s) Iowa in any way, you aren’t bright, are a PSU troll and have zero vested interest in Iowa to even begin to care

… the kid needs to clean his act up. He has almost another year to do it. If he can, Iowa ends up with an NCAA DI champ on their roster
. If he doesn’t, he doesn’t get on the team and the amount of damage done is the exact same when they tried it with Downey…..exactly zero
After I called him on it: "So you think this is good for parents of recruits"?

They are getting absolutely crushed by PSU in recruiting. Newsflash, so is EVERYONE else. Trying to make AJ work isn't going to make them lose ANYONE they weren't already most likely not getting anyway.

LOL. He is one strange dude. A Michigan State guy in love with Iowa. I wonder what his vested interest in Iowa is? How can this not hurt their recruiting. I wonder if he has heard of Chittum? If they let AJ on the team they might gain some points in the short term. But it will be the end of the Hamster Dancers.
Their argument is that Chittum only verbaled and didn't sign, so he really wasn't coming anyway despite the fact that he had been training at HWC for a whole year, and his leaving is not actually due to TnT bringing in the two brothers that pulled a knife on him in high school and then got kicked out of the school. The size of the mountain of cope with that one is so big that no amount of mental gymnastics will ever get you to the top.

Blaze - my guess is Purdue #1, tOSU #2
Bassett/Forrest - Penn State, Cael will make this happen
Bouzakis - will he follow Nic? Don't know.
Ross - I assume Iowa would be a top choice.
Agreed on Blaze.

McCort guys seem likely to PSU or maybe Cornell. Forrest apparenly also likes OKST, but we'll see if that appeal survives Smith retiring.

Would be shocked if Bouzakis doesn't go tan, though stranger things have happened.

Ross' first choice will likely be football, perhaps at Iowa.

Edit: list of Flo’s pound for pound guys not committed. Tell me who Iowa has a good shot at landing? Dreshaun Ross of course but your getting him part time most likely. Maybe Marcus Blaze but his brother is at Purdue so it’s going to be a long shot unless you can convince Joey to transfer and take over 157 next year. I guess it will depend on NIL money and them wanting to come to Iowa.

Iowa would be competitive for more top recruits if Brands would call them at all, or at least not delegate initial contact to Telford.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Iowa would be competitive for more top recruits if Brands would call them at all, or at least not delegate initial contact to Telford.
It's not clear if it would be a positive for the first contact with Iowa for an elite recruit to be with those lunatics. LOL.

Reactions: dicemen99
"Hang up the phone Forrest, I have Bobby Telford on the other line"

"Who"?

Next day
"Hang up Forrest, I have Tom Brands on the other line"

"Stall"

Like when he wrestled, TB has a streetfighter’s mentality. The Ferrari Project (sounds like a Ludlum novel) is an “anything goes” move that a brawler badly losing a fight would try. Thing is, it kinda/sorta/maybe was a reasonable risk if AJ had matured and Anthony was a viable starter. With neither happening, Tom is all in on salvaging Angelo, which seems likely with no one returning daddy’s 3-or-none calls. No, certainly not worth the collateral and long-term damage to Iowa program recruiting, but a brawler looks no further than the next punch, hoping it’s a knockout.
The next few years will show us what happens when it’s not.

You could see the steam pouring out of Anthony Knox's ears, that he wasn't important enough for the head coach to make first contact.
I've never been recruited but when I watched that I thought the same thing. Why is Bobby Telford calling and not Tom Brands? I'd want the top guy reaching out to me.

A tip of the proverbial cap to you

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: jmadden1998
Here’s a badly-formatted list of the pro-Ferrari voters from their poll. Leaving the enemy trolls aside, there’s quite a few fans with a lot of stroke that are all in (e.g. Slumlord, Novak - big booster dork, etc).

TJG, JVHawktan, zeko, sabula, swensok, @Cbulldog, Spoons, 13marino48, Hawkium, Reymundo, lefeber, Mr_lowa, TriCityHawk, Hercuhawk, pinfor6, MizzuHawk, trail888, bnicolls, rtfhawk, DropitlikeitsHawk, Herkylian, cphawkinthelou, hIstone, honkey69, mcnic23, TarpHawk, Big Ush, Auger, Luckeyes, evashevsky58, NLhawk62, YanksHawks4ever, Irtbahawk, muddage11,
MARION_HAWK, Novakht, whejoe, SDHN2013, Cholley Vandine, Herbert197, LaxHawk174, MSU158, Arbor1, Jaybird319, Sandor45, Hawkeyes4Life247, Brian LB-U, SapticusRN, Btown Lion, Rustys Dad, FishersvilleHawkFan, CentexLion, Greenheadhawk, djb914, longballhitter, Agoodnap, 1Hammers1, Cardsfan1229, mcruny42, totough, cm8124, Bob_Anderson, Cali_Nittany, pish69, Creek Side, Lionfan44, Ja1339, NittanyLion84, sdvike, hwksfan, NChawkeye12, Tcalumet, Mikefontenot27, acuhawk, 1AA, hawk224, derekforhawks, WWGD, okinburg1,
Roar More, Kuch96, SUPERTODD, AaronJDixon, harvester77, WexfordWarrior, The Dueceman, OpenHawkSurgery, HawkAlum2002, sunshinedynomite, DrOfBytes, Jayhouse, Doggie99, blcoach80, PSUWrestling2425, steelcurtain55., fufighters, Moorehawk, giveitall, KFSuperStar, Psu9012, eb05, seamus98, Hawkeye4lifee, McScoreley, NitFan53,
hawkeye state, 82bordeaux, hawkvike18, Hazy_Davey, RealMicah, Redm18, Wawa Coffee, poorwrestler, Cameron1958, Trapper85, heldyhawk, Libertylover, GoHawks1996, Th3Senate, PopSheetz,

————

If it all goes to shit, plenty of people to hang from figurative lampposts
A lot of our folks in there, lol 😂

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Honestly, I question that the Ferrari package deal, if there ever was such a thing, is now not damaged beyond repair.

Maybe a Rutgers would take all three but I think most programs will pass on AJ, end of story.

The real problem with taking the stance "If it doesn't work out, he can just flush", is what form "doesn't work out" will take? With AJ, the collateral damage could cost TnT their jobs IMO.

I don't believe it's a given by any stretch that Angelo will leave if AJ is out permanently.
If Angelo leaves because of AJ leaving, then Iowa is better off without him, imo. It indicates he’s not sold in on Iowa, instead it means he just wants a starring role in The Ferrari Clown Show.

Reactions: District four
Well, I voted in favor to keep the train wreck going. I suspect most of the PSU supporters feel the same way.
I bleed blue and white, but I'd be happy if that circus left the sport forever. I coach a club team with a lot of really young wrestlers. Their exposure to the sport outside of their own practice/competition is primarily through social media. As long as that d*ckbag is still in the sport, he dominates social media, all for the wrong reasons. There's way too many impressionable kids out there that might think ol' AJ is cool. I regularly have to tell kids he is a douchebag and to look up to guys like AB, Carr, etc. The sooner he is out of the sport, the better!

I bleed blue and white, but I'd be happy if that circus left the sport forever. I coach a club team with a lot of really young wrestlers. Their exposure to the sport outside of their own practice/competition is primarily through social media. As long as that d*ckbag is still in the sport, he dominates social media, all for the wrong reasons. There's way too many impressionable kids out there that might think ol' AJ is cool. I regularly have to tell kids he is a douchebag and to look up to guys like AB, Carr, etc. The sooner he is out of the sport, the better!
That's something I hadn't considered. I probably won't change my vote but you did get me thinking about it.

I agree with this. The sooner these douchebags are out of the sport, the better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT