ADVERTISEMENT

The McAndrew Board OFFICIAL PSU-tOSU Gameday Thread!

Rahne is gone. At least we know Franklin will get rid of dead weight and give us hope for next season.

I don’t know. We were faking handoffs with 20 yards for a 1st down to go. Bizarre

I think that’s just the way the play is normally supposed to be run. The more experienced running back knew a fake was useless so didn’t bother. The inexperienced QB continued to run the play as it is practiced.

I get the feeling that in a few years people are going to look back and wonder how PSU misused Journey Brown so badly. JMO of course.

Reactions: We Are . . .
This was an excellent performance. I know the bitches on the board will find fault with Rahne or Franklin or whatever, but they are the same clowns who wouldn’t shut up last week in a home game when we had the ball. The old ladies who long for the days when we would routinely lose to teams who were way less talented than us. Franklin is lauded by guys like Meyer as elite. Pretty much the whole country knows he is an elite coach except for the old ladies who are our “fans.” There is a reason his name comes up for every top job opening.

We are playing a team who is beating their opponents by 40 points! Who, on paper, is better than us in every facet of the game. And despite the fact we have one receiver today, Friermuth, given that Hamler is injured, we pushed them into the fourth quarter before the game was decided. I know. I know. I am accepting mediocrity... LOL. This team is far from mediocre. It’s a top 10 team and proved it today.
Yes, you’re right. Our excellent screen passes worked to perfection because they are designed so well, executed flawlessly and called at precisely the right times. Our DBs are extremely well coached, as we can see by the fact that they rarely let receivers go deep and always find the ball — not to mention our great safety play to help out on long balls. Our RT did a great job against the ONE MOVE (outside speed rush) that Chase Young did all game, and our center really acquitted himself well on the last tow series. Overall just an excellent game plan on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: YeOldeCup
We need additional WR playmakers and some safety ballhawks.
Help may be on the way.

Levis needs to work on his pocket presence.

PSU was just overwhelmed by the buckeye defense all game long. No big plays. Our best offense was having them guess with the levis/brown punches.

Rose Bowl is a looooooong shot at this point. Not sure if MN losing and Wisconsin getting blown out again gets the lions selected.

Those last two series on O were embarrassing for Rahne
Team not even able to execute a snap
And how in God’s name is that Rahne’s fault? I swear some people on here need to at least think a little before they post really stupid shit.

I see the resident fan-boy excuse makers are present in full-force today. :rolleyes:

I"m not sure what the excuse is for - we were predicted to lose by as much as 20. Our starting QB goes down and we keep the game close until Levis's INT. Can't ask for a better showing than that given the circumstances.

That said, Baylor v Texas should be a good game.

Gutsy performance. A lot of fundamentals lacking, dropped passes and missed tackles. Seems like the only offensive "wrinkle" Rahne had was inserting Levis.

Gutsy performance. Brown drop and Levis pick into triple coverage were killer.

Gotta think if Chase Young was suspended we have a decent chance. He was unstoppable. Really hope Owen or Issac can develop into even 80% the pass rusher he is

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
We are a good team, just not elite right now. We will get there! As for some of our crybaby fans...get a job, get a girlfriend and get a life! I'm just as disappointed as the next guy, but I'm not going to cry over it. We have to many know it all crybabies...Grow up already....sorry for the rant....I know most of the peeps on here are Great Fans!

10-2 on the year in a rebuilding year and gave OSU the closest game they’ve had all year and potentially a better game then they’ll have in the playoffs. Gonna avoid this board for several days until the negative nincompoops die down a bit. Team didn’t quit - sure there were dumbass playcalls on O but with Levis in there the playbook shrank and until Rahne gets canned not much gonna change.

This game played out almost exactly as Michigan played against PSU. I look forward to the talk about how PSU outplayed OSU in the second half and found themselves for the rest of the season.
Immediately thought the same thing, boy they are going to be talking a out us deep into the night.

Rahne coached his center to screw up a half dozen snaps to his backup quarterback that he’s probably never snapped to before.

We might have the dumbest fanbase in America.

If you think RPO in obvious passing downs with a huge defensive penetration
Not doubling arguably the best defensive player in the country when he repeatedly got in the backfield
Not making any adjustments to a underneath passing game
Ignoring our TE in the entire 4th quarter
Not trying to get ground game going with Journey Brown
And a complete lack of poise and inability to execute in a two minute situation
Complete inability to execute a screen all year
Aren’t coaching issues your nuts

and if our center never snapped to the backup QB In practice we do have issues

Having a well-coached but undermanned roster tis far different than having a talented, but undercoached roster. :cool:

Well, OSU has the 2nd most talented roster in the nation by the recruiting sites, including 3 Heisman candidates

We played at their house, on senior day, with a beat up roster and lost by 11.

Were you prepared to expect a win today?

I"m not sure what the excuse is for - we were predicted to lose by as much as 20. Our starting QB goes down and we keep the game close until Levis's INT. Can't ask for a better showing than that given the circumstances.

That said, Baylor v Texas should be a good game.
Repetitive mistakes are an inexcusable and undeniable sign of poor coaching.

Reactions: psuno1
Gutsy performance. Brown drop and Levis pick into triple coverage were killer.

Gotta think if Chase Young was suspended we have a decent chance. He was unstoppable. Really hope Owen or Issac can develop into even 80% the pass rusher he is

Young is the same height/weight as YGM. He looks like he's 7'0" out there though.

Reactions: psu2016
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT