ADVERTISEMENT

The McAndrew Board OFFICIAL PSU-tOSU Gameday Thread!

Yes. All of the above exemplify poor intra-week coaching.....not demanding perfection in practice illustrates itself during game day.
Yep, I’m sure practices are run half-assed at Penn State. No doubt.
OL stands around as ball carrier gets waxed, and the coaches tell them “great work. You didn’t do your job, but you hustled”.
Man oh man.
OL

Yep, I’m sure practices are run half-assed at Penn State. No doubt.
OL stands around as ball carrier gets waxed, and the coaches tell them “great work. You didn’t do your job, but you hustled”.
Man oh man.
OL
Why was the OL "standing around"? Bad overall scheme (which is coaching..principally head coaching, but I digress) or something else?

So my pesky purveyance of obvious, but hurtful truths is a reason for blocking or banning me?:rolleyes:

No one said you should be banned, I just don’t care for your schtick and don’t wish to deal with it in open threads like these. But if you honestly believe anything you speak is close to the truth is obvious how far down the troll hole you are.

Lamont Wade having his best game ever. Gotta give him a game ball!

I will admit, I get on Wade a lot, but he played a hell of a game. He is short and a bit slow but has really good football instincts.

Two critical mistakes by the center in this game reminded me of something I observed years ago.

I was at the Spring Coaches Clinic at PSU and we were watching the practice outside Houlba Hall. Alongside the fence I watched Joe Paterno coaching/teaching 6 players, 3 quarterbacks and 3 centers. I watched this for twenty minutes. After each exchange Joe said something. He either corrected something that was not done right, or praised what had been done correctly. Joe was calm and patient and he was teaching and explaining, and the players were all paying attention. All of the centers were freshmen, I do not remember what the quarterbacks were. The first and second stringers were elsewhere on the field.

Later I thought about what I had observed and wondered why the head coach was taking on this task. Then I realized that this exchange was the most critical thing that happened at the beginning of every play and that Joe was not going to leave it to chance that another coach would do it correctly. He wanted fundamental perfection every time on that exchange. I think that was the most critical understanding I learned at that clinic.

Last edited:
Two critical mistakes by the backup center in this game reminded me of something I observed years ago.

I was at the Spring Coaches Clinic at PSU and we were watching the practice outside Houlba Hall. Alongside the fence I watched Joe Paterno coaching/teaching 6 players, 3 quarterbacks and 3 centers. I watched this for twenty minutes. After each exchange Joe said something. He either corrected something that was not done right, or praised what had been done correctly. Joe was calm and patient and he was teaching and explaining, and the players were all paying attention. All of the centers were freshmen, I do not remember what the quarterbacks were. The first and second stringers were elsewhere on the field.

Later I thought about what I had observed and wondered why the head coach was taking on this task. Then I realized that this exchange was the most critical thing that happened at the beginning of every play and that Joe was not going to leave it to chance that another coach would do it correctly. He wanted fundament perfection every time on that exchange. I think that was the most critical understanding I learned at that clinic.
He’s NOT the backup center.

Reactions: Raffycorn
Two critical mistakes by the backup center in this game reminded me of something I observed years ago.

Later I thought about what I had observed and wondered why the head coach was taking on this task. Then I realized that this exchange was the most critical thing that happened at the beginning of every play and that Joe was not going to leave it to chance that another coach would do it correctly. He wanted fundament perfection every time on that exchange. I think that was the most critical understanding I learned at that clinic.
You eloquently explained what I have been trying to communicate.....Franklin & Co. are clearly not the practice-week perfectionists that will allow PSU Football to rise above the "Good" category. As a PSU fan it is frustrating.

Reactions: BudatPSU

You eloquently explained what I have been trying to communicate.....Franklin & Co. are clearly not the practice-week perfectionists that will allow PSU Football to rise above the "Good" category. As a PSU fan it is frustrating.
Did you feel the same way about Paterno?

Clemson fan here-You guys played well, especially considering the QB situation in a hostile environment, My question for you folks may be none of my business, but is PeetzPoolBoy a PSU fan or a troll?

Reactions: We Are . . .
Clemson fan here-You guys played well, especially considering the QB situation in a hostile environment, My question for you folks may be none of my business, but is PeetzPoolBoy a PSU fan or a troll?

Worse. He is a self-loathing fan. You probably don’t have those down South, so let me explain. He thinks every play should be perfect and that if we do not beat every team by 100, then our coach(es) are terrible and should be run off. When you point out that our best teams ever were far from perfect or that even our greatest coach in school history recruited at a level inferior to Franklin in some stretches of his career she will move the goal post our trail off into mumbling idiocy. It would be awesome if there was only one of them, but she represents a largish group who exist to tell people “I told you so” when the team loses. It might only be a Northeastern phenomena, because there are a multitude of Philly and Pittsburgh fans who are the same way. Maybe it’s the weather?

Worse. He is a self-loathing fan. You probably don’t have those down South, so let me explain. He thinks every play should be perfect and that if we do not beat every team by 100, then our coach(es) are terrible and should be run off. When you point out that our best teams ever were far from perfect or that even our greatest coach in school history recruited at a level inferior to Franklin in some stretches of his career she will move the goal post our trail off into mumbling idiocy. It would be awesome if there was only one of them, but she represents a largish group who exist to tell people “I told you so” when the team loses. It might only be a Northeastern phenomena, because there are a multitude of Philly and Pittsburgh fans who are the same way. Maybe it’s the weather?

5 star shorter ??? He is closing in on that many
And, you truly feel that the mental mistakes by this team - illegal procedure 3-4 times, Shorter cutting off his route a yard and a half short of the sticks, OL standing around while the running play is still in progress - is on the coaches?
Seriously? You honestly think that?
Then let me concur with others here; you’re a dumbass.
OL
I’m with ya on the dumb ass call out!

Reactions: OhioLion

He's just completely tied to JoePa ... and anyone who doesn't have some positive affiliation with JoePa will not be worthwhile. He's like the little kid whose dad dies ... and it doesn't matter which guy his mom dates thereafter - they won't be good enough (unless, oddly enough, they were around before his dad's death).

I'm pretty sure all of the unreasonably hyper-critical anti-Franklin guys suffer from that same neurosis.

But they're not all doxxers like PeetzPoolBoy.

Reactions: Charybdis

The fact is totally lost on Peetz that this is the best stretch of PSU football since 1991-94, which was only eclipsed by the late 1960s and early-mid 1980s.

So Franklin is overseeing one of the five best eras we have ever had. But that somehow does not seem to matter to Peetz. We need to get rid of him and hire - who, exactly?

He’s a PSU fan with a selective memory of how “great” we used to be.

Reactions: Charybdis
And I'm certain you're a "Clemson fan". :rolleyes: Your use of "dusted off" monikers is so old, but telling.

levis needs to learn to throw the ball quickly when the entire D is coming after the QB. tOSU is singing the WRs, and bringing everybody else. I'm not sure if PSU is running routes that take too long to develop, or if Levis is just holding it too long
Clifford does the same thing. Neither has much of a "clock" right now.

And I'm certain you're a "Clemson fan". :rolleyes: Your use of "dusted off" monikers is so old, but telling.

My recommendation in the near term is for you to become a Baylor fan. They're doing pretty well - up 14-3 over Texas!

Why was the OL "standing around"? Bad overall scheme (which is coaching..principally head coaching, but I digress) or something else?
There’s something we might be able to agree on, but I don’t know the blocking schemes. We will call that a draw.
I see them double up to backer, whiff on the block, then stop. Or, whiff on initial block and stop. Don’t compound one mistake by creating another. That’s 100% on the player. Not knowing the snap count is on the player.

OL

Wouldn't every team(coach) say much the same that is in the top 20?

Sure. But, look at Franklin's QB recruiting - the best dual threat QBs he's recruited (Roberson, per Rivals; and Johnson who was a composite 4 star) haven't played a snap yet. Zembiec was a 4 star, but didn't last. TM was a 3 star. Levis a 3 star. Stephens was a 3 star and transferred. Just look at OSU, Oklahoma, Clemson, LSU, and Bama - they all have outstanding QB play nearly each and every year.

Sure. But, look at Franklin's QB recruiting - the best dual threat QBs he's recruited (Roberson, per Rivals; and Johnson who was a composite 4 star) haven't played a snap yet. Zembiec was a 4 star, but didn't last. TM was a 3 star. Levis a 3 star. Stephens was a 3 star and transferred. Just look at OSU, Oklahoma, Clemson, LSU, and Bama - they all have outstanding QB play nearly each and every year.
On that I agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT